MO David Eyman, 15, Kansas City, August 14, 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

June Launch

Reaction score
David Lawrence Eyman was 15 at the time of his death.

Timeline:

August 13 - afternoon - David approaches a friend/neighbor on his bicycle acting strangely. Seeing that his friend paranoid, the friend asks David what is going on. David replies that he won't tell because he doesn't want anyone else to get in trouble. David rides away on his bike and yells a name the friend is unfamiliar with. The friend says, "I don't know who that is." David turns his bike around, comes back to the friend and says, "If anything happens to me, it was _____________."

August 13 - evening - David visits the home of his longtime girlfriend. He stays later than usual (the girlfriend's mother fell asleep and didn't enforce the time he was supposed to leave/usually left). David calls his mother around 11:15pm and asks for a ride home; she refuses. At 12:45pm David begins the 1.8 mile walk to his home. His route included a main street, a residential road, and the street his house was on.

August 14 - 3:30am - David's body is found about 8 miles from his home in an overgrown, wooded area, still smoldering. David's hands are tied with 1/2 inch rope, the rope runs the length of his body and his ankles are also tied. Similar to a cattle tie. David had been doused with gasoline and set ablaze while still alive. The officer who finds David while on his patrol later becomes the main person of interest, but his guilt was never proven, despite the officer acting strangely during questioning and failing a polygraph pertaining to David's murder.

August 15 - David's body is identified by a ring he wore. Autopsy notes cause of death as extensive body burns. No defensive wounds noted and the only injuries other than burns were irregular abrasions on both sides of his back. David had a carbon monoxide blood saturation of 20%.

Present day:

People close to the case have been told by current law enforcement that there is no doubt of the officer's guilt, it just could never be verified by physical evidence. Law enforcement also claims that evidence has been "lost" over the years. There is no indication of the evidence being tested after DNA technology became available.

Evidence available at the time of the crime (to my knowledge):
-David's mid-calf high boots
-Ring
-Fragments of rope David was bound with
-Fragments of David's clothing
-A small 35mm tin film canister with a small amount of marijuana
-Vacuumings from the officer's vehicle
-Soil samples from the crime scene
-POSSIBLY tire imprints from the crime scene

The officer suspected of the crime has now died.

I am currently investigating this case and getting kick back from law enforcement and citizens. Many of David's friends cannot be reached or are unwilling to speak with me.

Attachments

• David Identified 08-15-74.pdf
    392.4 KB · Views: 21
I've just seen this case on gray Hughes. It's very strange. The way he was bound and burned makes it appear to be more than just a murder. It's too personal. Shooting etc would have been quicker. This took time and thought. Anyone could have seen the fire and come to investigate. The killer knew he wouldn't be disturbed. David was missing for a few hrs before he was killed. Someone knows something. I hope this is resolved by someone's conscience.

A few years ago I was looking into unsolved cases and unidentified found persons near the areas where the (ex)officer lived after leaving MO. If I remember right, there were at least a couple of cases that seemed to have potential connections and are worth looking into further in that regard. I began this process myself but something came up in my life and I stopped. I have been thinking of picking it up again but first I want to listen to Dylan Kingsley's podcast and see what else has been dug up over the last few years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back