Day 3 SBTC - The 12 Days of JonBenet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SBTC, Sent Back To Christ? Who knows. I kind of like the suggestion of Southern Bell Telephone Company, someone suggested that earlier.

I always suspected SBTC meant Saved By The Cross. I was stunned to see the photo taken by Judith Phillips of Patsy with the cross in her mouth, and by Judith's statement that Patsy believed she was cured by the cross. It absolutely clicked. Followed by the word "Victory," I believe it repesented her victory over death, by the cross.

This makes the most sense.

I think its a religious reference, Saved by the Cross or something like that.

Victory probably means Victory over death that Christ provides. It would have been something that PR probably would have clung to... she is with Jesus now.

Didn't someone post this upthread already?
John enlisted with the U. S. Navy and was accepted into the Officer Candidate School in Rhode Island after completing officer training, he was transferred to California and eventually to the Philippines for two years of active duty at the Subic Bay Training Center. While John was stationed at SBTC he received his pilot's wing". He continued to move up in the ranks of the military, and his record if filled with numerous commendations for his performance and character
I was reading the Bonita Papers and came across it too.

Didn't someone post this upthread already? I was reading the Bonita Papers and came across it too.

And another good explanation. If that is the reference, maybe patsy has some dirt on John about his time there? Or it's just something from his past that popped in her head.

How much of the ransom note did PR read before calling 911? I thought she said she didn't read all of it? She knew exactly how it was signed when she was speaking to the 911 operator. Maybe she had it in her hand then? Idk? Sorry I'm new to the case and don't know if that has ever been pointed out or discussed. Imo it would be hard to remember those letters off the top of your head unless she had the note in hand or unless she wrote it.

o/t a little: anyone else belong to crime groups on Facebook? they're all talking about this case at the moment, I'm beating my head against a wall of "DNA cleared them" and "those poor parents"

Since reading the Bonita thing I think it is the Subic Bay Training Centre from John's past. The whole note was warning and berating and manipulating John. Victory! and SBTC are the big final points. Like 'and in conclusion, don't forget i know about SBTC !!!'

"SBTC" means nothing, and was simply pulled out of thin air by someone who wanted to give an air of mystery to a mythical intruder belonging to a "small foreign faction."

I used to think it meant nothing and was pulled out of thin air. Then I started wondering why would both PR & JR stand united if it were one or the other...which brought me to wondering if the true culprit was BR. Wouldn't they come together for a mutual purpose such as the protection of their only surviving child? Then I started wondering if it was possible that PR really did write that ransome note but under the guidance of JR. If that's possible, then where would JR get those initials of SBTC to use?

So I googled...and binged...and yahooed...

I searched sbtc with all sorts of computer lingo, as well as some acquaintances that won't be mentioned. The reason I searched sbtc linked with some of JR's acquaintances and companies, liasons, etc is bc I was wondering if those initials were pulled from a slight memory of something being worked on or ruled against. It seemed he was pointing towards friends and also people that he worked with so I thought maybe it was possible that some remote type of info could be hinted at by using those initials to frame someone else, or to frame a small "faction".

Years ago, barter trade in currency was only spoken of in elite circles as a pipe dream. Then a group of specialized individuals from around the world started writing code and mining such a currency. They made that dream a reality. One person in specific is targeted by various governments around the world for the creation of such a fluctuating and unstable "currency". Could JR have been aware of some of those original backers of said barter currency?

Is it at all possible that SBTC stands for the original Satoshi Barter Trade Currency otherwise known now as Bitcoin?

Again, just wondering...

The only reason I even threw that out there is bc I think it's something that hasn't been brought up yet (that referrence to sbtc). Not many people knew of this "currency" in the making. Many people still don't lol. Heck, it probably is nothing but kind of interesting I think.

How much of the ransom note did PR read before calling 911? I thought she said she didn't read all of it? She knew exactly how it was signed when she was speaking to the 911 operator. Maybe she had it in her hand then? Idk? Sorry I'm new to the case and don't know if that has ever been pointed out or discussed. Imo it would be hard to remember those letters off the top of your head unless she had the note in hand or unless she wrote it.
I had forgotten about that, thank you for bringing it up. PR did say that she only read a portion of the note before calling 911.

Saved by the Cross is by far the most likely explanation given PR's history of cancer and her religious beliefs. And PR was known for her frequent use of acronyms.

After perusing the one Crimson Tide script I could find online, there wasn't any "signed by the captain" verbiage. Maybe it was in an image.

But the search did lead me to some old posts about yacht racing. John Ramsey sailed although I don't know if he had a "yacht." Also, Patsy mentioned Burke was taking sailing lessons in one of her Christmas letters.

Looking up yacht racing, the word "victory" appears a lot. Hmmmm.......... Could a possibility be Victory! Signed by the captain? Maybe another snark against John?
A novel and appropriate suggestion!

After perusing the one Crimson Tide script I could find online, there wasn't any "signed by the captain" verbiage. Maybe it was in an image.

But the search did lead me to some old posts about yacht racing. John Ramsey sailed although I don't know if he had a "yacht." Also, Patsy mentioned Burke was taking sailing lessons in one of her Christmas letters.

Looking up yacht racing, the word "victory" appears a lot. Hmmmm.......... Could a possibility be Victory! Signed by the captain? Maybe another snark against John?
I found the same things too!!! So glad someone else did! I think this makes the most sense. When a yachting race was won it was called a Victory! Signed By The Captain.

She claimed she only read the very beginning of it, enough to realize JB had been kidnapped but not enough to read that calling the police would (according to the note) result in JB being "beheaded." Which means she never got to the middle of the note. (NOTE: John Ramsey later explicitly says that he told Patsy to call the police and *she said*, 'but it says she'll be killed if we call the police,' and he told her to call anyway.) So I've had exactly the same thoughts you've had re: Patsy remembering the exact sequence of those letters. She doesn't sound unsure, she doesn't get them confused (certainly it took ME a few readings of the note to be able to rattle of "SBTC" and not "SBCD" or "STBC," etc). She has them down. But per the Ramseys' story, she does NOT have the note in her hands. JR is across the room on all fours in his undies reading the note spread out on the floor. Detectives (in the first April 1997 interview) made sure to establish she was not on a cordless phone that morning. I believe (can't source) she also said she glanced over JR's shoulders at some point to get that info...uh, not without a cordless phone.

Also, if she truly had only read the beginning of the note, the answer to the 911 operator's question was in the first line of the note. Who left the note? Ahem: "we are a group of individuals representing a small foreign faction." Yet she manages to incorporate a part of the note she should have less knowledge of (assuming at some point she glanced over the third page), perhaps NO memory of, instead of the part she definitely read.

Kolar describes having this particular revelation in his book. It was definitely a revelation for me as well.

otg said:
snipped by me....

I love this forum and the people who post here (even if we disagree at times). I don’t want to see it trashed. It’s my home (even if I occasionally visit other places). I still believe that nearly everyone who comes here (except for Woody and Jammie) sincerely want to see some kind of justice (whatever that “justice” might be) or at least some kind of resolution to the mystery behind the tragic loss of JonBenet’s promising life which was stolen from her much too soon.

Do you mean SHE's here?? :wave:

Do you mean SHE's here?? :wave:
If you mean "hir," :giggle: do you really think it ever left? I think it was in hibernation (probably molting -- I think they do that).

I am way newer to this case than most of you, but I think it is quite clear that it stands for Subic Bay Training Center. It ties in with this "Foreign Faction" decoy as SBTC was where John was posted in the Phillipines I believe.

If RDI, they were trying to create some sort of conspiratorial retribution fom John's past. If IDI the only possiblity (unlikely as it is) IMO is that this it was all some sort of elaborate set up as retribution towards John. I am somewhat suspicious of his military past.

Is it true there was a plaque in the house that also has the initials SBTC in relation to his time in the Phillipines?

Is it true there was a plaque in the house that also has the initials SBTC in relation to his time in the Phillipines?

This was long-ago misconstrued in the media (likely tabloids). It was never Subic Bay Training Center (SBTC), but Subic Bay Naval Station (SBNS) that functioned as a training facility. And yes, JR did have a plaque and some other things in the home related to this, but by his account they were not openly displayed (stored in a closet, study, office, etc.).

That doesn't exclude it as a possibility for SBTC on the ransom note, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back