Day 3 SBTC - The 12 Days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Victory!" after S.B.T.C has always made me think it was "Saved By The Cross".

Patsy was apparently a born again Christian. Maybe not so much a Christian in deeds but in her belief that Jesus's death on the cross was a victory over sin and death for all believers. There was no other victory for anyone here, even the faux kidnapper didn't get the kid or try to get the money.

Someone else already mentioned my thoughts.

I think it was someone pretending to be a terrorist or political group which often have initials for their group meaning. Something like IRA, PLO, SLA... That essentially the writer just picked random letters that don't have any meaning except for the purpose of sounding ominous. But it is strange because if this was the case I would think the writer would choose a 3 letter acronym not 4.

My other thought is that SBTC are the initials of the last names of the "faction" or group they wanted to point the finger at.

I tend to think the letters mean absolutely nothing, but if I had to guess....Saved By The Cross

I think he meant everyone who READS here, not necessarily a poster.
Thanks for clarifying, SD. Yes, that's what I meant. I have no doubt that many people read here who aren't registered and wouldn't want Tricia to know that they are here.

I've always thought it was for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company. It was a common abbreviation and IIRC there was a phone book there by where the RN materials were obtained.

But, with her southern religious background, saved by the cross is a reasonable guess, too.

Burke is at work and heads to the water cooler where he meets a colleague (WC):

WC: Hey Burke, I saw you on Dr Phil

BR: Yeah that was interesting

WC: CBS are saying you killed your sister?

BR: I know those guys are nuts, its all media hype

BR: We have the legal guys chasing them for slander an stuff

WC: Hey if it wasn't you, that killed you sister, an CBS have ruled out an intruder, who does that leave?

BR: My Mom or Dad I guess?

Okay. You have any ideas of who this group is?

By group , I mean individuals who John and Patsy wanted to direct the police too. So say if their names were Sam, Bob, Tom, Chris or their last names were Smith, Benson, Tulley, Crawford....that would be SBTC.

People have speculated that John or Patsy may have been trying to misdirect to John's business associates. I know in one of Patsy's interviews she mentions that her mom thought that it stood for "son of a ***** Tom Crawford". That could be partially true. Maybe the T or C or the TC stood for tom crawford. Someone they wanted to direct attention to.

Not to be snarky, but I just can't believe, personally, that they would go to all that work staging the crime scene and especially writing that long, misleading RN with such attention to spelling errors and penmanship and then get to the end of it and think, "Aww $@&% it, S.B.T.C.! Meaningless! Random! PERFECT." I could, however, see them putting something meaningless in an effort to confuse, but when so much of the evidence inevitably points back to them, and with the obvious desire to be so tricky, I still believe the initials have some meaning. But the RN author died, and it's likely we'll never know.

I also like Saved By The Cross because of it's combination with "Victory!" and PR's religious background.

Just for fun, I've thrown out Saved Burke This Christmas, and today was wondering what if B stood for Boulder and C for Colorado?

The last part of that note was personal...and since I think PR wrote the note, I see it as her pleading with him to join forces and not turn against her, (possibly she had something on him). Anyway, I think the SBTC would fit with the pleading theme. So, "Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John! Victory! S.B.T.C" (maybe something like, Victory! Separate we're Broken, but Together we're Complete). moo.

Someone else already mentioned my thoughts.

I think it was someone pretending to be a terrorist or political group which often have initials for their group meaning. Something like IRA, PLO, SLA... That essentially the writer just picked random letters that don't have any meaning except for the purpose of sounding ominous. But it is strange because if this was the case I would think the writer would choose a 3 letter acronym not 4.

My other thought is that SBTC are the initials of the last names of the "faction" or group they wanted to point the finger at.

Agree -- to me, it always seemed like they were trying to frame an employee of JR. First, you have the aborted practice letter addressing both ("Mr. and Mrs. I"), but that's aborted by the two of them because they want to strictly point the finger at an employee, and an employee of JR's would only address JR, not both parents. Second, you have the beyond-weird line "We respect your bussiness but not the ......". This again is trying to paint the suspect as in the same field as JR, as he "respects" the business. Third, you have the bonus amount of 118K -- at first I thought that the R's would never use this amount because it would lead directly to them, but now I almost feel like they might have used it to prop up a "jealous employee or associate" angle, because perhaps it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility for an employee or associate to know JR's bonus. Lastly, you have the R's really playing up the "disgruntled employee" angle here: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-access-smoker.htm

To me, assuming the R's wrote the letter, they were trying to frame an employee of JR's who was of middle-east descent, who was perhaps of high-level management and who may or may not have been let go within the year from when JR got his bonus. Whether they had an actual person who worked at the company in mind or not is the question. If I recall correctly, there were more practice notes found in the trash, right? That proves even more that they were concocting their story as they went along, on the fly so to speak.

Agree -- to me, it always seemed like they were trying to frame an employee of JR. First, you have the aborted practice letter addressing both ("Mr. and Mrs. I"), but that's aborted by the two of them because they want to strictly point the finger at an employee, and an employee of JR's would only address JR, not both parents. Second, you have the beyond-weird line "We respect your bussiness but not the ......". This again is trying to paint the suspect as in the same field as JR, as he "respects" the business. Third, you have the bonus amount of 118K -- at first I thought that the R's would never use this amount because it would lead directly to them, but now I almost feel like they might have used it to prop up a "jealous employee or associate" angle, because perhaps it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility for an employee or associate to know JR's bonus. Lastly, you have the R's really playing up the "disgruntled employee" angle here: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-access-smoker.htm

To me, assuming the R's wrote the letter, they were trying to frame an employee of JR's who was of middle-east descent, who was perhaps of high-level management and who may or may not have been let go within the year from when JR got his bonus. Whether they had an actual person who worked at the company in mind or not is the question. If I recall correctly, there were more practice notes found in the trash, right? That proves even more that they were concocting their story as they went along, on the fly so to speak.

Sure, combine the two things: a spy right under their noses.

Userid, your mention of "respecting" the business reminded me of something Jeff Shapiro said: that the person writing this didn't want it to damage JR's earning ability. Now who would care about that?

I know no one who uses the word "Victory" outside of a ball game but especially not when talking about a dead person. PR used it as did her family. They are so transparent. And hence, I know that JBR's mother wrote the RN.

And of course JR threw one of the ex-friends he fired, Jeff Merrick (?), under the bus at about the same time Patsy was throwing LHP under one. There were a few other Access names that eventually came up too. I doubt they had anyone specific in mind, they were just counting on it to be a big enough pool of people to tie the investigation up and keep police attention away from the Ramseys. They completely overshot with that wacky note and pointed back to themselves, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought that in what must have been a stressful time for the note writer, SBTC just came out, like the lines from various movies that were used. It did make me thing of SLA and Patty Hearst. But just like the movie lines, they are in the head of the writer. Probably noticed later, SBTC, oh, oopsie, they'll never figure that one out!

Sure, combine the two things: a spy right under their noses.

Userid, your mention of "respecting" the business reminded me of something Jeff Shapiro said: that the person writing this didn't want it to damage JR's earning ability. Now who would care about that?

i figure your eluding to PR SD but i relate it to an arrogant CEO also.
have heard out of JRs mouth how important 'proper burial' was.

i believe the ramseys were in on the ransom note together.
JR orating the bones of it..... PR scrawling it down with wacky embellishment!

i figure your eluding to PR SD but i relate it to an arrogant CEO also.
have heard out of JRs mouth how important 'proper burial' was.

i believe the ramseys were in on the ransom note together.
JR orating the bones of it..... PR scrawling it down with wacky embellishment!

Just to play the devil's advocate: If John and Patsy worked together, John wouldn't have left her side when the police were there. Patsy was too emotional. They both let something slip, but it doesn't point to them working together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back