***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope OW has someone to support her today, I think she will need it big time.

I will be shocked if his parents aren't at court today, and disgusted! They should be there supporting him. But obviously they are more worried about appearances and being chased by the media :furious:

@matty456:
The images that have been granted to shown to the public are only those that have been shown in open court #BadenClay

so should be soon one would think. Ali , will he hand down his decision straight away or adjourn for a while to consider everything . And Ali how much would Davis be costing a day without junior counsel and solicitor , any idea?

I am only guessing that they will adjorn till the afternoon.

Ashley McDermid‏@AshleyMcDermid
Public gallery is packed with people waiting to hear if Gerard Baden-Clay will stand trial. @9NewsBrisbane

If any of us is there PLEASE crane as hard as you can to see his face when the magistrate announces that he is going to trial!! And look outside for ow's reaction too!

I will be shocked if his parents aren't at court today, and disgusted! They should be there supporting him. But obviously they are more worried about appearances and being chased by the media :furious:

I think they should be there to show their support if they are not being called as a witness.

It says a lot that they are not.

@matty456:
The images that have been granted to shown to the public are only those that have been shown in open court #BadenClay
Apparently they are a lot clearer photos though of the scratches and hopefully in colour.

@KateKyriacou:
Media organisations have just won the right to show photographs of Gerard Baden-Clay's various injuries. You'll be seeing them soon.

I have also been catching up on the last 8pgs of yesterday's thread. Amazing posts. You sleauthers astound me with your insights and knowledge. Thank-you for these couple of weeks, I've learnt alot.

.........& Kate is scrambling to get them up on CourierMail....lol.

10.10am: ..''The fact that this lady had been deceased for a lengthy period, about 11 days, before these samples were taken, presumably makes it more difficult, is that right?'' defence barrister Peter Davis asked...

Allison. Her name is Allison :mad:

I'm interested to see the photos of that mark, scratch, rubbed spot (whatever it is!) on his chest. It seems to have been a real focus point in this hearing. And a key piece of evidence in the whole 'Caterpillar Incident of 2012'.

so should be soon one would think. Ali , will he hand down his decision straight away or adjourn for a while to consider everything . And Ali how much would Davis be costing a day without junior counsel and solicitor , any idea?

Yes, won't be long now. Depends how long it takes to cross examine these last 2 witnesses. Magistrate could hand down decision immediately after the last witness I think. Depends on the timing with lunch break.

Senior barrister fees are thousands of dollars a day, don't know current amounts, sorry.

He will definitely be committed to stand trial, but waiting for it to be made official is driving me nuts!
I bet his lawyers will ask for a judge only trial, due to the intense media and public interest in the case. Oh how i would love to be on the jury, if there is one!

Yes, won't be long now. Depends how long it takes to cross examine these last 2 witnesses. Magistrate could hand down decision immediately after the last witness I think. Depends on the timing with lunch break.

Senior barrister fees are thousands of dollars a day, don't know current amounts, sorry.
Thanks Ali , I was thinking 10 or 12 grand a day ???

9:43am Marissa Calligeros: (Live from the Baden-Clay hearing) The sixth and final day of the Baden-Clay committal hearing is about to get under way.

Court 17 is packed; family and friends, law students and curious onlookers occupy the public gallery. There's a palpable sense of anticipation in the room.

Again, Gerard Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton is sitting in the court opposite the dock, looking steadfastly at her brother.

Today is the day Mr Baden-Clay learns whether he will face trial in the Supreme Court...

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-march-20-20130320-2geec.html#ixzz2O25qxRXm

Why is OW there? I thought she wasn't allowed to be in court? Is she now no longer going to be a witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro