GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see the room exit video. POI appears to be wearing a snow type suit on way up. So after stabbing, it wouls be easy for POI to peel off blood evidence snow suit put in bag, briefcase, etc. and exit hotel looking like a much thinner version of whatever gender it is. Heck, we would not know what to look for except height, gait, non caucasian. Perhaps this is why exit videos are not shown as many guests exiting 4rth floor to? ? another floor? and ultimately outside is obviously being reviewed.

I would like to see the room exit video. POI appears to be wearing a snow type suit on way up. So after stabbing, it wouls be easy for POI to peel off blood evidence snow suit put in bag, briefcase, etc. and exit hotel looking like a much thinner version of whatever gender it is. Heck, we would not know what to look for except height, gait, non caucasian. Perhaps this is why exit videos are not shown as many guests exiting 4rth floor to? ? another floor? and ultimately outside is obviously being reviewed.

It looks like the POI may have been wearing something black underneath. It may even have been a turtle-neck, because the face covering on second flight of stairs on the video looks very tight, not like scarf or face mask so much.

Yes, and guessing layers under possible turtleneck. IMO all very orchestrated. POI could have exited looking 100% different, meaning dress as in girl dress, etc. Where is room exit video....??

Yes, and guessing layers under possible turtleneck. IMO all very orchestrated. POI could have exited looking 100% different, meaning dress as in girl dress, etc. Where is room exit video....??

Or when she/he got into the room they took off most of the clothes, did the murder and put them back on before leaving the room (still covering any blood from the stabbing).

You guys have never seen the layer of clothes that ny street thugs wear in the winter. When it is 20 below 0 degrees; You will still have people hanging out on the street corner while being bundled up like this poi. So she may have on alot of clothes because it was freezing cold that night and she was probably using public transportation. Jmo.

Have any more videos of the POI been posted, besides the one we've seen posted on WS? The POI could not have been waiting too far from the hotel for a while, it seems to me, in a car or place, about ten minute walking distance range, maybe?

FindHG, Yes this seems logical. Driving a long distance to get to hotel in snow type suit seems cumbersome. Of course POI could have driven in or public transpoed in with other clothes on and put snowsuit on closer to hotel. ...Where is street video..

I did not think it was subzero that night...but everyone prepares differently for varying weather.

You guys have never seen the layer of clothes that ny street thugs wear in the winter. When it is 20 below 0 degrees; You will still have people hanging out on the street corner while being bundled up like this poi. So she may have on alot of clothes because it was freezing cold that night and she was probably using public transportation. Jmo.
Dexter you bring up a good point and visual: It is -1F where I live as I type; a street may be wearing this gear but IMO wouldn't be normally found in a swanky hotel like the Donovan. I was astounded when I looked at its website. I just assumed it was like a Marriott...but this is fancy schmancy. So maybe we do have a designated on a mission to kill vs a tryst gone bad. Just thinking.

I noticed that DM's obit stated he died February 10, which was Tuesday. The time stamps on the videos of the POI are dated Feb 9, Monday.

'Somehow I think this might be important. Or maybe the "time of death" could only be estimated???

I don't see someone escaping the scene of a crime taking public transport; too slow. And, they are loaded with cameras.

I noticed that DM's obit stated he died February 10, which was Tuesday. The time stamps on the videos of the POI are dated Feb 9, Monday.

'Somehow I think this might be important. Or maybe the "time of death" could only be estimated???
Now that is interesting! I wonder if it was just a mistake in wording, changed from found dead on Feb. 10 to died on Feb. 10. Obituaries are written by family, usually, or somebody hired by family, not LE. I wonder when/if DM's autopsy will be released. We've all assumed he must have died shortly after 7:30, based on the text to his wife and the video of the POI entering the lobby, but it is entirely possible that the murder didn't take place until hours later, on the 10th. Considering how quickly they were able to locate him at The Donovan by the next morning, the idea that DM might have still been alive until a few hours prior to his discovery would be even more heartbreaking for the family.

eta: And yes, very important, fred&edna, in that it would seem to change the nature of the crime from a "hit," as we've assumed, to more likely an affair or hook up gone bad, if the POI is somebody who stayed with DM for several hours prior to killing him. Good catch!

Now that is interesting! I wonder if it was just a mistake in wording, changed from found dead on Feb. 10 to died on Feb. 10. Obituaries are written by family, usually, or somebody hired by family, not LE. I wonder when/if DM's autopsy will be released. We've all assumed he must have died shortly after 7:30, based on the text to his wife and the video of the POI entering the lobby, but it is entirely possible that the murder didn't take place until hours later, on the 10th. Considering how quickly they were able to locate him at The Donovan by the next morning, the idea that DM might have still been alive until a few hours prior to his discovery would be even more heartbreaking for the family.

eta: And yes, very important, fred&edna, in that it would seem to change the nature of the crime from a "hit," as we've assumed, to more likely an affair or hook up gone bad, if the POI is somebody who stayed with DM for several hours prior to killing him. Good catch!

Hmmm...
Well, I can certainly see a sex worker carrying a protective weapon, but I would think it more like a taser or pepper spray or even a gun. But a knife? That doesn't really add up, or does it? And, I don't see a woman using a knife. You have to be very strong, or it will be taken from you. Unless, of course you are massaging someone and they don't see it coming.

I bet LE is scouring parking garage tapes, as well as other businesses footage. There is a 24 hr CVS across the street, and I would doubt them not having several cameras outside. There is no parking immediately near the hotel on its side of the street, but there is metered parking across by the CVS. Metro is a straight shot but further away. I'm thinking the poi exited the hotel and walked right, around the corner. There aren't businesses there like in the opposite direction.

Hmmm...
Well, I can certainly see a sex worker carrying a protective weapon, but I would think it more like a taser or pepper spray or even a gun. But a knife? That doesn't really add up, or does it? And, I don't see a woman using a knife. You have to be very strong, or it will be taken from you. Unless, of course you are massaging someone and they don't see it coming.

I can see a knife. Easy to conceal.
And, in my scenario, he never saw it coming. The stabbing, that is.

I agree that...died Feb 10 in.obit..is interesting. Wasn't he found mid morning by hotel management. .I am recalling a 10am ish time mention. My.mindset was this all went down in early evening Monday. So if Tues is correct, then more video footage to review. But still seems like a small window of activity to see the comings and goings on that 4rth floor.

Usually, the date of death legally is when a body is found. I learned this when working as a visiting nurse, and happened upon someone who expired the day prior. At least it was that way it was explained to me.

We all understand, a couple years ago, we talked about making emergency ID bracelets with the message "delete my browser history"

I vote "undecided" on the sex of the person in the video. You know they also have entrance, exit & hallway pics & maybe some angles make it clearer. Everything about this one is a mystery.... well almost everything.

BBM I would have thought the police would have released the clearest video they have since they are asking for help in identifying the POI. Does anybody have any ideas on why they haven't shown any other clips?

BBM I would have thought the police would have released the clearest video they have since they are asking for help in identifying the POI. Does anybody have any ideas on why they haven't shown any other clips?

I was kind of hoping more would be released today, too - kind of makes me think they may already be on to something. I would like to hear an interview with the wife and her timeline, too. In the video where the POI was hanging around the elevators, it seemed to me he went to the lobby, took a right out of view...I was thinking maybe he asked someone at the front desk about the elevators; if so, maybe they have a better picture of him/her. Guess I'll hope for more info tomorrow. Peace to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties