GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Same

I am also thinking it wasn't DM who texted his wife that night. His phone. But not him.

Ate my dinner so fast, couldn't wait to get back on. So Mom, do you think the killer sent the text - to buy time? Or to send a code? I'm of two minds on this case. I do believe DM was killed for a reason but I'm stuck on because he wouldn't commit to other woman - or other woman wanted him out of the picture??

Following silently here for awhile but I feel compelled to say the reading of that statement put me squarely on the fence.

I wonder how this person left the room.... Most hotels have cameras on each floor. She may have left the room in a different look than she first appeared. Did the "woman" leave in the same ski wear? Did she get into the room, take off the big ski suit, commit the crime (because there was lots of blood) and then put suit back on to cover up? If so, then she knew DM or DM was expecting her, and she had time to remove clothing and possibly saying she was trying to disguise herself as an excuse?

Did she commit crime in the ski suit and then remove it and leave in other clothes with ski suit in some sort of bag?
Really wondering what surveillance exists upon her exit?
Sorry for rambling....

You can't see him in the pic posted in the article, but on the video "red tie man" gives a strong visual clue that indicates he does not believe or agree with what the wife is saying. He is to her left shoulder. Watch the vid again....

I agree... he doesn't believe her.

I think LE has continued to question her, and maybe this is why she stated twice in the video "I have no answers" (her attempt to drive it home).

IMO, detectives on the case suspect she does have some answers.

You can't see him in the pic posted in the article, but on the video "red tie man" gives a strong visual clue that indicates he does not believe or agree with what the wife is saying. He is to her left shoulder. Watch the vid again....

IMO the "red tie man" is LE, I have no doubt whatsoever, still, he might have inside knowledge of the case and might express the "not believe or agree with what the wife is saying"

Someone upthread pointed out that during the presser, there was no mention of any info related to the POI, what to be looking for. That is very notable, and leads me to believe they have a very good idea who this is?
Also - take note of the "man in the red tie". Is he LE? His face gives a bit away...

Why hold the media event if law enforcement, Kim & the Messerschmitt's have a very good idea of the POI's identity?
Or are you suggesting LE is closing in on the POI but not sharing info with the others?

Not doubting or disagreeing with you, rather just asking for clarification. Thanks! :-)

Why hold the media event if law enforcement, Kim & the Messerschmitt's have a very good idea of the POI's identity?
Or are you suggesting LE is closing in on the POI but not sharing info with the others?

Not doubting or disagreeing with you, rather just asking for clarification. Thanks! :-)

I think they held the media event just to solidify things, I hope. LE could be using this rare tv time to benefit their case. They have to know so much more now. Peace for David, who I think was a great guy, nobody's business what he did other than be a smart provider, family man, followed his wife and made that work, had a great career - and if he made other choices, that is what happened as a part of that IMO. We lead the lives we want to. He was in a place he shouldn't have been.....

To me he had the same expression throughout the entire video, that of a hard boiled cop not giving any clues. Maybe he didn't agree with having the press conference, maybe his boss asked that the detectives be there.

To have witnesses who saw or know something to step forward. They want/need an airtight case before they will arrest, I suspect.

To me he had the same expression throughout the entire video, that of a hard boiled cop not giving any clues. Maybe he didn't agree with having the press conference, maybe his boss asked that the detectives be there.

some images previously posted from LE's video

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.08 PM.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.24 PM.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.41.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.41.37 PM.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.44.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.44.08 PM.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
  • POI on stairs .png
    POI on stairs .png
    13.3 KB · Views: 42
some more of her

Attachments

• POI on stairs xx - Edited.png
    POI on stairs xx - Edited.png
    8 KB · Views: 238
  • POI blurry frontal.png
    POI blurry frontal.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 238
  • POI  another angle.jpg
    POI another angle.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 42
  • POI watcher behind him.jpg
    POI watcher behind him.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 45
  • Takes a moment to do it.jpg
    Takes a moment to do it.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 48

I really don't know, but I was alerted by "red tie man's" reaction during that segment of the video. Something she said caused him to react, and he reacted in a manner that suggested (to me) that either: a)he disagreed with what she just said (b)he didn't believe what she just said, or (c) she just said something she wasn't supposed to say

At least that is how I interpreted his body language. He should never play poker. ; )

IMO, but I think the guy in the red tie is FBI. He seemed to have a different demeanor than the others.

How far in advance was the PC planned? Does anyone know? Sometimes LE wants to see just who will show up in the crowd. The detectives did not seem to focus exclusively on KV but instead on the audience, IMO. Personally, I don't think any of the detectives were buying what KV was saying though.

It was a 10 minute PC. What if the PC was set up so that a behavioral analyst could observe KV's mannerisms, facial expressions, etc.? Her behavior seemed visceral, IMO, and not on any real logic. At the end of the PC did we really didn't know any more than we did before did we? NO. It was all very, very odd and KV seemed as is she did not want to be there at all.

Of course I don't know anything and am probably way off base, but I think the POI must have ditched the big, bulky outfit after the murder and walked out dressed completely differently. Was David's suit mentioned in the warrant or in any reports?

The POI had long hair, IMO. I think that because of the obvious 'pouf' at the back of the hood on the head. The top of the hood would automatically stand up, but not the protruding area just below the crown of the head.

How is it that the second person in the lobby CTV footage looks as wide and to be of the same height as the POI? I think the stature of both is badly distorted due to poor camera angle, shape of the lens, or just bad equipment.

Of course none of my post is helping anything! It is certainly not getting us any nearer to solving anything. These are just thoughts and observations. I'm too suspicious for my own good a great deal of the time!

MOO

I really don't know, but I was alerted by "red tie man's" reaction during that segment of the video. Something she said caused him to react, and he reacted in a manner that suggested (to me) that either: a)he disagreed with what she just said (b)he didn't believe what she just said, or (c) she just said something she wasn't supposed to say

At least that is how I interpreted his body language. He should never play poker. ; )

Can you post where in the video you see this reaction? I must have missed it. Thanks.

Boom! Did he think she was communicating something to an accomplice?

*Hope it's okay to ask that!

Ate my dinner so fast, couldn't wait to get back on. So Mom, do you think the killer sent the text - to buy time? Or to send a code? I'm of two minds on this case. I do believe DM was killed for a reason but I'm stuck on because he wouldn't commit to other woman - or other woman wanted him out of the picture??

I think the killer or accomplice sent the text. Can't say more:gaah:

IMO, but I think the guy in the red tie is FBI. He seemed to have a different demeanor than the others.

How far in advance was the PC planned? Does anyone know? Sometimes LE wants to see just who will show up in the crowd. The detectives did not seem to focus exclusively on KV but instead on the audience, IMO. Personally, I don't think any of the detectives were buying what KV was saying though.

It was a 10 minute PC. What if the PC was set up so that a behavioral analyst could observe KV's mannerisms, facial expressions, etc.? Her behavior seemed visceral, IMO, and not on any real logic. At the end of the PC did we really know any more than we did before did we? NO. It was all very, very odd and KV seemed as is she did not want to be there at all.

Of course I don't know anything and am probably way off base, but I think the POI must have ditched the big, bulky outfit after the murder and walked out dressed completely differently. Was David's suit mentioned in the warrant or in any reports?

The POI had long hair, IMO. I think that because of the obvious 'poof' at the back of the hood on the head. The top of the hood would automatically stand up, but not the protruding area just below the crown of the head.

How is it that the second person in the lobby CTV footage looks as wide and to be of the same height as the POI? I think the stature of both is badly distorted due to poor camera angle, shape of the lens, or just bad equipment.

Of course none of my post is helping anything! It is certainly not getting us any nearer to solving anything. These are just thoughts and observations. I'm too suspicious for my own good a great deal of the time!

MOO

I don't know how far in advance the PC was scheduled, but I find it interesting that it occurred very soon after the quickly-abandoned fundraising effort.

I also thought LE seemed to be "scanning the crowd" at the PC.

I believe LE has continued to question KV (which would undoubtedly put her under a great deal of pressure and cause her to be very angry - obviously normal reaction for innocent people). Maybe she doesn't have any answers and thus the need for her friend to start the fundraiser for investigative purposes. (Obviously, I still can't seem to let go of that effort).

And, I'm also too suspicious for my own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7