GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how far in advance the PC was scheduled, but I find it interesting that it occurred very soon after the quickly-abandoned fundraising effort.

I also thought LE seemed to be "scanning the crowd" at the PC.

I believe LE has continued to question KV (which would undoubtedly put her under a great deal of pressure and cause her to be very angry - obviously normal reaction for innocent people). Maybe she doesn't have any answers and thus the need for her friend to start the fundraiser for investigative purposes. (Obviously, I still can't seem to let go of that effort).

And, I'm also too suspicious for my own good.

LE will continue to question anyone they cannot clear, IMO, and no one has been cleared as far as I know.

BBM: :therethere: That is a condition that shared by many of us here at WS!

*I don't understand the fundraiser thing either.

Maybe he's her lawyer.

Nah....................he would have on a disgustingly expensive suit if he were KV's lawyer! Besides, I believe I see his LE ID around his neck. You were being sarcastic, right?

Good question, and that's why I was so very convinced the Perp is male. That, and the mannerisms. If it is, indeed, a female as LE states, it has to be a buff chick to wield a knife like that. IMO.

Size doesn't matter when you have the element of surprise when a victim's back is turned.

I would certainly not need a PR firm OR a scripted statement!!! It would just come pouring out of me begging for help in finding the murderer. I would have been front and center every day with anyone or any TV station that would listen to me. I would not be quiet.

The impression I got from David's family members (?) who were there was one of not caring for what was being stated. Just my opinion. I would have much rather have heard from David's Mom or Dad.

:moo:

I know that I'd definitely need it scripted or at the very least some notes. Not everyone is comfortable (some even need to be medicated) speaking in public or in front of a camera and in addition to that anxiety, my brain would go blank due to the emotions of my spouse being murdered. I also sniff a lot when trying not to cry. My nose start working before my eyes do. Not uncommon. My emotions sometimes interfere with my brain and trying to speak coherently, forget about trying to remember everything I want to say in such a situation. :/

Observation: slight underbite in both.

But, that's just me, my physiology, my thoughts and my opinions only.

When people use the term "set-up" in regards to a crime, does that mean "frame", as in making it appear to be one scenario perpetrated by a specific yet innocent person, when in fact the truth is far from that set-up scenario? Just hoping to understand the use of that term as we discuss this case. THANKS!

If the police has a video of the POI arriving it also has a video of the POI leaving. How long before arrival and departure ? Better footage of what the person looks like.... That person seems to be very aware of camera locations, was a dry run made in previous days, most likely very few people use the stairs so it would be fairly easy to look at videos of previous weeks. They know so much more than we do.

I agree with you that they have other videos to compare. I also think they know her sex for certain because they also have her on video dressed differently and obviously female. Given the timing of the text and the POI video we saw, I don't believe he sent that text. I believe he would have called his wife.

I don't know if the time of death has been narrowed - if possible WITHOUT relying on the text sent - but he could have been killed before that POI arrived and planted the props. The POI could have been the one who killed him, then tried to disguise herself when she came back to set the scene, text his wife.

So many unknowns make for so many possibilities.

As far as a set-up, or a "hit"...I think the messiness may well have been an attempt to make it look like a sex-worker/ client deal gone bad. In a case like that, a knife would not be unusual.

I try to keep in mind that LE can wait weeks or longer for phone records sometimes, as ridiculous as that seems. They may not have all of the data they need yet, or warrants for all of the phones and devices they want to examine. It really is not as simple as "get a warrant" as in my favorite Law & Order shows. And there is also the possibility of DM having had a prepaid phone, taken from scene, if in fact he was into using prostitutes on a regular basis. I think LE has to have an idea of what happened and why. My guess is there will be an arrest, seemingly "out of the blue" within sixty days.

Jmo of course.

Plus, I wonder if the law firm he worked for would try to prevent DM's phone records being subpoenaed since it could possibly, potentially, probably, includes privileged client phone numbers?

Law firms are notoriously protective.

Red Tie Man

For those of you asking what I am seeing, I can't find the link with the entire presser. The recaps I'm seeing don't include this moment, where I believe he telegraphs disbelief. I believe it was where she said she has "no answers". It was the only time he looks away during the presser. I was watching the view of her straight on, and he is very visible over her left shoulder.

When people use the term "set-up" in regards to a crime, does that mean "frame", as in making it appear to be one scenario perpetrated by a specific yet innocent person, when in fact the truth is far from that set-up scenario? Just hoping to understand the use of that term as we discuss this case. THANKS!

I mean "set-up" in luring him to hotel for one reason (business meeting, maybe) and then killing him, perhaps paid by someone who wanted/needed him dead, most likely for financial reasons. I doubt the person who killed him is the person behind the murder. Making it look like a sex crime to mislead the police. Jmo

Red Tie Man

For those of you asking what I am seeing, I can't find the link with the entire presser. The recaps I'm seeing don't include this moment, where I believe he telegraphs disbelief. I believe it was where she said she has "no answers". It was the only time he looks away during the presser. I was watching the view of her straight on, and he is very visible over her left shoulder.

The raw video is on this link about 1/2 way down the page.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ircle-Hotel-to-Give-Statement-297519961.html#

The guy with the red tie looks around at many times, but his expression stays the same. The part where she says she has no answers does not show that man as the camera is focused on the wife. Not sure if there is different video out there but this is the raw video from NBC.

Red Tie Man

I can't find the version of the video I originally watched either... argh. But is this what you are talking about at 1:00?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUfhfHVT8PQ

Rewatching the one Collette provide, I wonder if they thought the perp might be at the press conference watching? I guess I've been watching too many crime dramas!

It does kind of sound like signaling to someone by repeating specific phrases. As in reassuring someone else not to worry, nothing has been said. Either that, or she's just saying that she has no answer to the same questions we're all asking. For example the first one "Why was he there?".

It wouldn't be the first time LE has used the pretense of a press conference in order to 1) get certain facts cemented so they can't be disputed or denied at a later date, and 2) preempting any type of defense story. Trying to set a trap.

There were no facts concerning the actual crime in that PC. By forestalling any questions, someone doesn't commit themselves to specifics, any statements or give themselves away by behavior or reactions to certain questions. Smart move. Better than "I can't neither confirm nor deny..." or "no comment" or "I don't know" when in fact, they do know.

I'm in the camp that LE knows who did it, but perhaps not why or if they acted alone, or where they are now.

I can't find the version of the video I originally watched either... argh. But is this what you are talking about at 1:00?

Rewatching the one Collette provide, I wonder if they thought the perp might be at the press conference watching? I guess I've been watching too many crime dramas!

Sorry, all I can see is a green screen, no video. Not sure why as I have the latest Adobe flash.
All I can tell you is there is a moment where the red tie man looks away when she speaks and he has a look on his face that communicates disagreement. It's very obvious. Have no idea what that is about, other than it really stood out to me, and I tend not to overanalyze body language. However, this was quite notable. Sorry I can't provide the original presser link. The long version with the angle head on.

Collette - your version is slightly different from the one I watched that had a close up of KV head on, and the red tie guy behind her. And watching your version, yes, he does look around a lot, and yes, it looks like he is scanning the audience. I wish I could find the clip I'm referring to, but haven't been able to. Apologies. I know I'm driving everyone nuts. : \

Finally, I will say I am still in support of KV, but I am a bit concerned that she is "crying" but no tears....

Finally, I will say I am still in support of KV, but I am not a bit concerned that she is "crying" but no tears....

For that matter the family did not cry either. The dad wipes near his eye but no tears. I really think they have been through hell and are drained. I can not imagine what they have been through.

I'm not sure myself what was meant by that term 'set-up'. It could mean someone lured him to that specific hotel in order to kill and rob him although a valuable computer, credit cards and wallet was left behind. It could also be referring to the items left in the room to make him appear gay or at least going to have a sexual tryst. It could mean someone lured him there for sex for money in order to kill him. Set-up could mean it was made to look like something it wasn't. Your guess is as good as mine.

MOO

Sorry, all I can see is a green screen, no video. Not sure why as I have the latest Adobe flash.
All I can tell you is there is a moment where the red tie man looks away when she speaks and he has a look on his face that communicates disagreement. It's very obvious. Have no idea what that is about, other than it really stood out to me, and I tend not to overanalyze body language. However, this was quite notable. Sorry I can't provide the original presser link. The long version with the angle head on.

Collette - your version is slightly different from the one I watched that had a close up of KV head on, and the red tie guy behind her. And watching your version, yes, he does look around a lot, and yes, it looks like he is scanning the audience. I wish I could find the clip I'm referring to, but haven't been able to. Apologies. I know I'm driving everyone nuts. : \

Finally, I will say I am still in support of KV, but I am a bit concerned that she is "crying" but no tears....

I watched the video for the first time, - and the part near 1:30-1:40 into it, I replayed several times of the POI after they walked into the hotel. It appears to me as someone who is slightly dragging their right leg as they walk, it's not a complete drag, but slight and at the same time the left foot points outward. Just a little bit I caught that could also be a clue.

Just my two cents on her statement and this "red tie guy," LE would have known and approved what she said before she said it. I believe the statement was for their benefit as much as hers and this case. LE is not going to set up a press conference and let someone read a statement that jeopardizes the case or makes them look like fools. I have yet to see the clip where it appears he "doesn't believe her" but LE are trained to hide these things, so personally I am inclined to think he's reaction was something else, especially since they knew what she was going to say. Even if that specific person didn't know, that would be unprofessional to react that way because you don't believe someone when they say they don't know anything. If there was a reaction, I think it's for something else.

I am happy she spoke, as people all over were complaining that she was quiet. Then she speaks and she is criticized for speaking and how she cries. It really is beyond sad to me. I can't imagine losing someone I love and then having people analyze me for how often I speak, cry and how many tears I shed. All while I am a victim. If I were to become a person of interest or suspect, then bring it on. But being a victim is a different ballgame and everyone grieves differently. I have two people in my family who each lost children at young ages. The way they have each grieved has been night and day. I pass no judgement on either of them and give them the same amount of love and support.

There are some people the wife will never please regardless of what she does or doesn't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7