GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I have no sympathy for a woman who quit a job and cries desperate for money.

Snipped.

I also have no sympathy, but I think her scam of robbing johns was because she needed/wanted the money. She was gliding between quitting her job and being accepted in the military and I think she planned to support herself with robbery.

What we're missing is an explanation WHY she would quit her job without another lined up. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe she had something but it fell through?

I wonder how many other victims this Perp robbed before this happened? Given the private nature of what they were doing, we will probably never know.

I have been wondering what kind of job she was going for in the military. If her knee injury was severe enough to stop her from trying out for college basketball, would this have impaired her abilities in the military? Does everyone have to go through basic training if they join the military?

Coach McDuffie said Gallmon was a good student and took college prep classes. He said Gallmon aspired to play college basketball until she suffered a knee injury.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/287039...charged-in-david-messershmitts-stabbing-death

I have been wondering what kind of job she was going for in the military. If her knee injury was severe enough to stop her from trying out for college basketball, would this have impaired her abilities in the military? Does everyone have to go through basic training if they join the military?

Coach McDuffie said Gallmon was a good student and took college prep classes. He said Gallmon aspired to play college basketball until she suffered a knee injury.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/287039...charged-in-david-messershmitts-stabbing-death

I can't speak for the Army, but in the Marines you have to be able to run 1 mile w/i a certain time, pass a physical fitness test and height/weight standards just to enlist. After that, yes, everyone goes through basic training. Marines is 3 months, but I believe the Army is 1 month.

I can't speak for the Army, but in the Marines you have to be able to run 1 mile w/i a certain time, pass a physical fitness test and height/weight standards just to enlist. After that, yes, everyone goes through basic training. Marines is 3 months, but I believe the Army is 1 month.

Thank you. Sort of makes me wonder if she would have been able to join up and get through basic training with that knee injury .... judging by what I have seen of the rigours of basic training. It doesn't really matter. But it may have gone toward her desperation for money and the lengths she would go to, to get that money. This girl could have had a whole bunch of secrets that she was keeping from her family and friends.

I would be very surprised if she was actually taking any concrete steps toward joining the military. I think that was just a story she told. I think she was in a military school because she was in trouble as a teen. I think she quit her job because robbing people was easier and more profitable than working for minimum wage. I think her intention was robbery, and things got out of hand when he resisted.

Moo

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

I think her aspiration to join the military was legit, but it appears she was having difficulty for one reason or another. Perhaps the knee, or perhaps they found her unsuitable.

Something still seems off to me, Tamyra Gallmon doesn't really fit the profile, shes from a good family, if you search 'Tamyra' on twitter you will see her her former classmates and friends in shock. I wonder if she knew DM before this...But maybe im overthinking this and she was just really desperate for money and was truly a robbery gone wrong...

Her name is Jamyra Gallmon. From her own words on Twitter on March 10, 2015:

Into making money I aint into making friends

Deceitful he was, I feel so sorry for his wife, never did think she was involved or had any involvement. jmo idk as far as the suspect, this was not a robbery gone bad imo, she set out to murder someone and she did. jmo idk

I think her aspiration to join the military was legit, but it appears she was having difficulty for one reason or another. Perhaps the knee, or perhaps they found her unsuitable.

The military is choosy these days in regard to whom they accept. An applicant must take written tests and also physical ones. It would be interesting to know where she was at in the recruiting/intake process. I wonder if that will be revealed in the media? She speaks a lot of a waiver in her social media posts. Wonder what was being waived?

Thank you. Sort of makes me wonder if she would have been able to join up and get through basic training with that knee injury .... judging by what I have seen of the rigours of basic training. It doesn't really matter. But it may have gone toward her desperation for money and the lengths she would go to, to get that money.
Even after being accepted by the military, you have to wait until there's an opening in whatever field you enlisted. It can take up to a year or more after being accepted, especially for women. You'd think once she got her ship date, she'd go live with her parents so desperation makes no sense to me.

I would be very surprised if she was actually taking any concrete steps toward joining the military. I think that was just a story she told. I think she was in a military school because she was in trouble as a teen.
Lots of troubled people go into the military. Even more people who are financially struggling go too. There are even gang members who join to learn military skills and tactics. They're a huge discipline problem for the military because they want kicked out after they learn everything they went there to learn.

"Gang infiltration of the military continues to pose a significant criminal threat, as members of at least 53 gangs have been identified on both domestic and international military installations. Gang members who learn advanced weaponry and combat techniques in the military are at risk of employing these skills on the street when they return to their communities." ~FBI

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/2011-national-gang-threat-assessment

From Above the Law ... "A Legal Web Site – News, Insights, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers, Law School, Law Suits, Judges and Courts."

If these allegations are true, one can see how Gallmon operated. She would pose as a man and target men seeking secret sexual encounters with other men, presumably on the theory that such men would be less likely to turn to law enforcement if robbed. She would tell the targets to leave the door unlocked and wait for her on the bed — but instead of coming to the bed for a sexual encounter, she would take their property and immediately leave the premises.

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/04/additional-details-emerge-in-dla-piper-associates-killing/

Here are some other real life robberies of John's.... not sure it would be a successful strategy to think you can just enter quickly and grab, but I am no expert! :) I think most schemes are a bit more sophisticated than that, e.g., drugging, waiting for the right moment, beating them up, etc.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ed-Then-Robbed-John-Police-Say-292297241.html
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/crime...-reno-prostitute-stolen-gun-scandal/23559441/
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/04/their-valuables-gone-their-ladies-night/#ixzz2MmhWwZNr

I wonder if his wife knew his proclivity preference this whole time. He thought he was meeting with a man.

I wonder if his wife knew his proclivity preference this whole time. He thought he was meeting with a man.

This happens more frequently than one might think. Sexuality is a complex thing. So are marriages. Many times, a spouse may not be into or be able to provide what the other partner needs, yet they love each other enough to overcome that difference. Rather than toss what otherwise may be a loving and beautiful marriage, they resign themselves to allow the other spouse's indulgences. For example, look at wives of cross-dressers. Many of them find out and just overlook it, even encourage their husband to do it discreetly or even openly. That may or may not be a good comparison, as I am not sure if cross-dressing is considered a sexual thing for all, but it surely is for some. We have friends in this very situation.
What is upsetting to me, right or wrong, is that the risky behavior he was allegedly engaging in put his wife at risk too. But...as someone pointed out the other night, that may have been okay with her. If she was unaware, it would be upsetting to me. But who knows?
One reason that leads me to believe she may NOT have been aware is the use of a burner phone. The only way I could get around that conclusion is that if his normally used phone was provided by his employer and they would be able to see what he was up to with it.

You hear “robbery gone wrong” but to think about actually taking a knife, which we have been taught with good reason since babyhood is a very scary thing we must be careful with, and repeatedly drawing back and plunging the knife into the body of another person, into various parts of that person’s body with force and intent, to the point that it kills…what would it take? I feel that someone capable of that type of violence absolutely “ain’t right” and hasn’t been right for a while now. I’d say their sensitivity chip is askew or missing, and I’d like to know how the person lines up on a chart of bullet points describing the sociopathic personality.

If I am intending to rob, even if I am hungry and very desperate, and my victim resists, I think my reaction would be to use the force I needed to use to free myself and then run off in search of another anonymous victim. The world is full of them.

If a person with some sort of reasonable personality integration “snaps”, I’d expect a thrown object or at most a blow with the bare hand. But to be in any way capable of repeatedly sinking a knife deeply into the flesh of another in pursuit of any goal beyond absolute self-defense is, to me, beyond the pale. We may all have met a sociopathic personality or two (or three or four) in our lifetimes and had no clue. This could be the case with the friends and acquaintances of JG who are stunned, puzzled, and speaking well of her.

to shed some more light from a washingtonian, she didn't live in the best neighborhood. anything east of the river is not an area that I would choose to live (although it is improving). carrying a knife may have been the norm for her on a normal day, let alone a situation in which she was intentionally putting herself in danger.

Always meet in public first. Not straight to the room. The door was open for a person he never met. So sad. Rip. You didn't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13