GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how exactly do you imagine LE came to this conclusion? If LE gave detailed reasons they believe the person is female, I'd be more likely to "buy" it. My subsequent posts detail the confusion involved with thinking it's a woman, such as the physical logistics of a female killing a male with a knife need to be taken into consideration.

Well....perhaps they have a very specific *female* POI in mind?

Just how exactly do you imagine LE came to this conclusion? If LE gave detailed reasons they believe the person is female, I'd be more likely to "buy" it. My subsequent posts detail the confusion involved with thinking it's a woman, such as the physical logistics of a female killing a male with a knife need to be taken into consideration.

There was blood by the door and on the walls, the 5 stabs in his back. So he may have turned and run back into room and away from a sharp edged weapon of some kind wielded by the POI, or let her in and turned his back, before being stabbed. No signs of struggle with her reported, right?

Concerned Mama,

LOL, I'd never heard the term "slue foot". Had to look it up. For others that need enlightenment, Webster's tells us slue foot means
"having big, clumsy, or turned-out feet"

I shall use this henceforth, as often as possible! : )

Lt Anthony Haythe from DC Police

POI IS a female.
No info on if Messerschmitt was set up.
No comment on info found on cell phone.
No comment on forced entry.
On use of apps to meet people "something we're looking into"
Has the case gone cold? "Still an active investigation."
Have you received leads? "We have received leads."
Was Messerschmitt gay? "Will not comment on anything about his lifestyle."
Why he got a hotel room? "That is info pertinent to the investigation that I cannot reveal."
Looking for one person or more? "I'm not sure of that at this time"

Miss Muffet - you must have missed this post. I wasn't being snarky...I think it will be solved soon, whether it was a lover, someone hired, a hook-up. Justice for this smart young man, if this was a set-up with items being left behind, that will really make me mad. He didn't deserve this kind of humility. No one does.

I agree. I think it's a male. If it's a female, she's not slender like the women everyone has been discussing here. She has to be an overweight women. I'm not buying the theory of a slender woman with multiple layers of clothes or stuffed clothes to appear heavier.

So the question is why would he have an intimate encounter scheduled with an overweight woman when it appears he's attracted to slender women considering his wife's stature? That person in the picture isn't a high end call girl by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if there are any overweight Asian prostitutes who do fetishes like enemas. It's unlikely he would find one from the same culture of his wife though.

I think it's probably a female the way her hips move, IDK. But, yeah, I agree, I can't see her as a slender female dressed to look much heavier. I also don't see this person as any high end prostitute or maybe even a prostitute at all...but who knows!?

Was the room awash in blood? Like he had been chased or fought with attacker?

As far as "types"...people who use prostitutes often choose exact opposites of their spouses, Imo. Or ignore the physical type and go for a particular speciality. It is not always about appearance. Jmo...

Listening to the FOX 5 DC feed after the press conference (as the crews were packing up) I heard a public relations person ask the reporters "Does anyone need a hard copy of Kim's statement?" [The reporters all said no]

That being said, I understand why she was completely scripted but (as often happens when done for times like this) it made her come across as distant, the heartfelt words did not come across as from the heart because she was reading it exactly. Public perception is so important at times like this and sadly scripting her every word likely did them more harm than good with the viewer/public.

Ah, thanks for this. That could explain why it felt like feigned emotion and a bit stilted. I'm not quite sure why it would have been scripted so tightly and then the script passed out though (or offered to reporters)?

I think it's probably a female the way her hips move, IDK. But, yeah, I agree, I can't see her as a slender female dressed to look much heavier. I also don't see this person as any high end prostitute or maybe even a prostitute at all...but who knows!?
Thank you for focusing on the overall context of my post. I really don't see a slender woman.

Was the room awash in blood? Like he had been chased or fought with attacker?

As far as "types"...people who use prostitutes often choose exact opposites of their spouses, Imo. Or ignore the physical type and go for a particular speciality. It is not always about appearance. Jmo...
The POI having similar facial features of his wife's heritage sort of eliminates the theory of going for a prostitute the opposite of his spouse. And I mentioned the odds of a prostitute with his specialty being from the same heritage of his wife is unlikely. For these reasons, I think it's unlikely the POI is prostitute.

Although the "give it forward" effort has been abandoned, I'm curious...

How common is it for family members/friends to setup public fundraisers for an "investigation" into a murder? I can easily understand private solicitation in order to hire PI's, as well private solicitation to increase cash rewards on a case... or even public fundraising for missing person cases... but I'm perplexed by the effort in a case like this.

Maybe it occurs more than I realize? :thinking:

** Hi again to our constant "guests" who are :hiding:

Isn't that site mostly for people with medical bills, funeral expenses, etc.?

Isn't that site mostly for people with medical bills, funeral expenses, etc.?

That's how it seemed to me.

'Seems mighty odd (imo). But, maybe there's a market for fundraising for a murder investigation??

'Seems mighty odd (imo). But, maybe there's a market for fundraising for a murder investigation??

Yes, I agree it's odd. I know a few other cases where family seems to have a donate button and often it seems questionable as to where the money goes. It's a different case if LE is not really pursing anything or if maybe a set reward amount for info is trying to be raised. Don't know what is going on here, but with the press conference, it looks to me like someone is concerned with their image as much as info. But that is my impression after watching it and finding out it was very scripted. That doesn't mean anyone is guilty of anything though.

I don't knock her for this. Perhaps she didn't have liquidity to pay an investigator. They were probably still paying off hefty student loans, and cash strapped. (Just guessing). She might not be satisfied with LE's progress. Thus, she might be trying to augment their efforts with her own PI. I suspect the law firm probably quietly gave her the money to minimize the publicity, as one would expect an employer of this stature to do. All speculation.

I don't knock her for this. Perhaps she didn't have liquidity to pay an investigator. They were probably still paying off hefty student loans, and cash strapped. (Just guessing). She might not be satisfied with LE's progress. Thus, she might be trying to augment their efforts with her own PI. I suspect the law firm probably quietly gave her the money to minimize the publicity, as one would expect an employer of this stature to do. All speculation.

BBM

That's it. I mean, that's what I would have assumed the law firm would do (soon after the murder IF LE was making no progress in the case)... and maybe that's why I'm so puzzled by the public fundraising ?!

PS I don't mean to be argumentative/snarky. I feel as if we are all just batting around thoughts/ideas... speculating. We don't have enough information to "argue" anything :) I think you understand but I wanted to say this in case my posts are are coming across as something negative!

Maybe the law firm didn't step up quickly, or at all. It takes a while to navigate these type of situations, but hopefully they are helping.

As far as her statement being scripted, I do think it was to help her get through it, but I also believe it is because they have a POI in mind. I think they are being very careful as to not jeopardize a trial.

Concerning the grieving? wife :

When people cry without tears, my hinky meter goes BOOOM !!!
Add to that her constant, obvious fake, snuffles, something is NOT right about the wife IMHO:

He'd have to have expected HER to show up for HER to have access to drug him. Or at least known her well enough to allow her into the room if she showed up unexpectedly. She couldn't just stab him with a needle when he opens the door. He had to allow her inside the room for her to drug him via a drug in a drink or even a needle. Imagine the risk of him stumbling out into the hallway if she had stabbed him with a needle at the door. Then having to drag him across the room. If it's a woman, he had to know her well for her to get far enough into the room to kill him.

Maybe the hooded/fat woman was in cohort with someone else who was already at his room engaged in some intimate activity, some kind of decoy person who tied him up or something like that, and then the hooded/fat woman was the one to do the killing ?
Like a killing team?
hired?

My thought: LE found blood on the crime scene which was not the victims (the killer got injured through the struggle/murder), they made DNA test and it was female !

IMO, KV was trying too hard to conjure up tears. Why sniffle when you aren't crying? She did not shed a single tear, but kept sniffling. I can understand no tears, but I don't understand the attempts to appear to be crying when you aren't.

I agree, RAJ. She also seemed very angry at even being there and speaking, IMO. She may have only agreed to do this appearance because David's family urged her to.

I am just going to say this.........the person in the lobby was careful to cover her mouth. Now who has anything of note near her mouth? It was invisible in the footage on the stairs because the thing of note near the mouth was on the side away from the camera.

I've had my idea of who this person was from the first day I read about David's murder. I don't think LE has come right out and cleared anyone, have they?

:moo:

Maybe the hooded/fat woman was in cohort with someone else who was already at his room engaged in some intimate activity, some kind of decoy person who tied him up or something like that, and then the hooded/fat woman was the one to do the killing ?
Like a killing team?
hired?

I think that is a good possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two perps in the hotel. And, wouldn't be surprised if there are more than that involved.

I think that is a good possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two perps in the hotel. And, wouldn't be surprised if there are more than that involved.

Right, and has there been any info on a life insurance on the victim ?
I´m sure he had a big one being a lawyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member