DC - Justina gets standing ovation from Congress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was that just before the Jan. 24 foreclosure auction that was cancelled? I am still trying to determine whether that cancellation was because of the impending blizzard here or because they finally paid off the liens....or some other reason.

Bankruptcy filed on 22 January, auction was scheduled for 24 January.

Far as I can tell, the foreclosure auction has not been rescheduled, but I am not sure what that indicates.
There is a new posting on the Miracle site today, but no real news. Just the usual phrases they have repeated so many times: long road ahead, it's all BCH's fault, please pray. It has drawn about 150 comments so far, and they also use the usual phrases: praying for her, God will help, sue the hospital, throw out the judge and DCF.
It feels, IMO, like they are all just spinning their wheels (not to mention spinning their narrative).

I agree, sweetmom. They seem to be avoiding any real contact with their supporters. I hope it's because Justina's actually doing better so there's nothing breaking for them to report. Regardless, I think it's better for her if they stop trying to shove her and her illness into the spotlight. So either way it's probably a good thing.

I agree, sweetmom. They seem to be avoiding any real contact with their supporters. I hope it's because Justina's actually doing better so there's nothing breaking for them to report. Regardless, I think it's better for her if they stop trying to shove her and her illness into the spotlight. So either way it's probably a good thing.

Yes, IMO the constant publicizing of her situation was bordering on abuse of poor Justina's privacy. Just one of the many baffling and unpleasant facets of this case.

new status conference date: 7/21/15. Yes, filing bankruptcy does delay the foreclosure actions.

here's a link: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=HHDCV116019346S

Perhaps with all the attention in the legal/public sphere about medical child abuse, they've decided to go "low-profile" and generic with their comments & attestations regarding her health?

Thanks for the link! Your observation makes sense, but with their history of histrionics, I somehow doubt that they would ever go low-profile.
It's really sobering to see how many court dates and court actions and whatnot have been generated by this family: they are like a one-stop lawyer-enrichment factory.
Anyone care to bet whether the 7/21/15 foreclosure auction will actually happen?

There's a new and long message on the Miracle site today, saying (again) that Justina has a long road ahead (they love that phrase) and also saying there were evil people at BCH and Mass DCF who hurt Justina through neglect and other unnamed actions, and (this is new) these evil people would still like to hurt her. No explanation as to what they are referring to in regards to hurting her further.
They continue to blame BCH for all her medical troubles and do not mention that she had those problems before entering BCH, as we know from quotes by her family in the Boston Globe stories.

Not sure what their intentions are with these non-updating updates. If I had to guess I would say they are gearing up for "send us money" but at the moment it's just more of the same: "long road ahead", "evil people", "damage they have caused my sister", etc.

Not sure what their intentions are with these non-updating updates. If I had to guess I would say they are gearing up for "send us money" but at the moment it's just more of the same: "long road ahead", "evil people", "damage they have caused my sister", etc.

I was surprised that no plea for contributions accompanied this message. Maybe they are just trying to keep a fire, so to speak, lit under their supporters.
Reading the comments from those supporters is really heartbreaking: so many people who have just swallowed this specious narrative whole, and who show such fear and contempt for BCH and DCF. There are an awful lot of people out there who are frighteningly quick to blame the medical establishment; you have to wonder what has happened to them personally to become so paranoid that they could believe an entire hospital staff was in cahoots to hurt this child.
I also see a lot of mentions of prayers for Justina but no one wrestles with the obvious question: why would the loving God they believe in allow or cause this child to suffer in the first place?

That bothers me so much about these alleged "medical kidnap" cases. The hatred towards the hospitals themselves. The fact that these people are convinced that the hospitals are so evil that they must be shut down, any way possible. The encouragements for hacker groups to go after them. They don't even consider the hundreds of thousands who are helped every day.

There have certainly been many cases where ignorance on the part of doctors and case workers has led to children being wrongfully taken from parents. In particular, I remember a case where a veteran couple had their child taken away for unusual fractures because of undiagnosed OI. They were later cleared because there was obvious medical evidence that the child had the disease. That does not make the hospital evil.

Everybody has a long road ahead except people who are going to die shortly thereafter.

Argh! Just wrote a long post that was (IMO) pretty dang good. Hit "Go Advanced" to preview it and my browser crashed. Reopened and my great post had gone Poof! Vanished.

So, never mind. Off to wrench some hair out of my scalp.

Argh! Just wrote a long post that was (IMO) pretty dang good. Hit "Go Advanced" to preview it and my browser crashed. Reopened and my great post had gone Poof! Vanished.

So, never mind. Off to wrench some hair out of my scalp.

I feel your pain, SeeAlice! (And I never see your screen name without picturing two older folks lolling around in twin bathtubs....:happydance:

After losing a few of my own brilliant commentaries, I have learned to always highlight and copy my post before hitting the reply button. If it does not go through, or gets lost somehow, I just repost it via paste. Saves a lot of hair-pulling.

All joking aside, I am sorry to not have read your post, as yours are always thoughtful and advance the conversation. I hope you will re-write it.

A new posting on the Miracle site today from someone not heard from much in recent weeks: The Rev. Patrick Mahoney of the Christian Defense Coalition, the ultra-conservative group best known for meddling in the Terry Schiavo case a decade ago.
Mahoney writes that he prayed with the Pelletiers on Sunday and urges others to pray for Justina this week, saying she and the family "especially"
need prayers right now. No further explanation of why, no mention of Justina undergoing any new treatments or being hospitalized at this time.

You may recall that Mahoney and his group made numerous tries to keep Terri Schiavo alive artificially despite her husband's (her legal guardian) testimony that her wish was not to undergo that. The CDL and Terri's parents were continually rebuffed by state, federal and the Supreme Court, and eventually, she was allowed to die. Her autopsy showed her brain was indeed irreparably damaged and she had no hope of recovery, despite her parents' belief to the contrary.
I mention all this because of the irony: Mahoney and his followers were all for having the state step in and overrule Schiavo's husband, her legal guardian, but now are vilifying the state authorities who stepped into Justina's case.

He took and posted a couple of pictures with the Pelletiers from this past weekend. Currently 9 and 10 of the pictures at top of the page, or scroll down to see tweets from 4 days ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/revmahoney

I can't figure out what this one is supposed to be. I see the Rev & the 3 sisters (?) making funny faces, an empty pizza box, and what is that on Justina's chest?
https://mobile.twitter.com/revmahoney/status/579794069590831104/photos
LOL, that looks like the butt of a stuffed animal up in her face?

ETA - no "likes" or "favorites" on the photos? Why are they still using that old hash tag? She's free, isn't she?

He took and posted a couple of pictures with the Pelletiers from this past weekend. Currently 9 and 10 of the pictures at top of the page, or scroll down to see tweets from 4 days ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/revmahoney

If these pictures are current, and there is no reason to believe they are not, Justina is in a hospital. The wall mounted dial behind her head is a standard (old school) blood pressure dial. The picture also shows a collapsed IV pole and and a portion of the white plastic bed rail. She is obviously in bed, propped up with pillows. Her 2 sisters and Rev Mahoney are gathered around her bed.

I'm not sure why they would not come right out and say that she is in a Hospital instead of posting unexplained pictures and cryptic requests for prayers.

If these pictures are current, and there is no reason to believe they are not, Justina is in a hospital. The wall mounted dial behind her head is a standard (old school) blood pressure dial. The picture also shows a collapsed IV pole and and a portion of the white plastic bed rail. She is obviously in bed, propped up with pillows. Her 2 sisters and Rev Mahoney are gathered around her bed.

I'm not sure why they would not come right out and say that she is in a Hospital instead of posting unexplained pictures and cryptic requests for prayers.

Good eye, Annahanna! Yes, she does appear to be in a hospital, again. A very old hospital, by the looks of things. In the second picture, there is a bag that seems to have the word "longings" or something like that, off to the left side. Can anyone figure out what that might be?
And again, the other sister, Julia, is not in the picture. IMO, she is not as into the family drama as the others are.

Rev Mahoney responded on twitter to someone's question about Justina with the same tired line that she has serious health issues because of not being treated by BCH for 17 months. Did they forget that she was rushed to the BCH ER in the middle of the night during a snowstorm because she was having very concerning symptoms??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back