DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait...what?

Hey, popsicle. I was just reading that...was going to comment on the article, but seems it only allows FB posts, and I'm sooo done with FB, again, lol. I was going to state the TRUTH, as I know it, about KW and his inappropriate communications and pictures to his female ex task-force members. But, I'm not commenting on a news article from my FB account. Maybe they read here and can connect the dots. But, since KW is not a POI in Relisha's case, that's all I got to say about that (and hopefully I haven't said anything wrong).

I hate that I no longer spend hours each day looking, searching and hanging on every single new word about this sweet little girl. She is still always on my mind, but since the media has slowed, so has my constant google searching. I want more news. I was resolve. Then, the original presser with the police chief from the park comes to mind. She made it abundantly clear they were there for a recovery effort. Hopeful for a rescue, but they were pretty sure it was recovery. Relisha was not found, so a recovery cannot be stated in certainty, but so many times in cases I think the police aren't doing enough or what they should, but generally, in the end, they are right. We just don't know all the details that are involved in the decisions they make.

Here is an example- in New Orleans, a teacher, Terrilynn Monette, had gone missing. There was video of her driving into City Park. The bayous and water in the park was searched multiple times! We were all so confused why they were only focusing on the park when we were so sure she was somewhere else, had met with foul play, who knows what!!! After several months, she was found by a volunteer diver in the waters in the park (in her car). None of us agreed with the search staying in the park, but the police knew more than we did. They watched video from all over New Orleans. They knew she very likely never left that park. We don't have the luxury of reviewing all the info. Without facts, all we have is our vivid imaginations. The police are USUALLY pretty right on because they have facts. When things go stale, I look to their cues for some insight.

This is why I super sadly feel the police have backed down on their searching. I think they know. Not with absolute certainty, but with reasonable certainty. I just want the poor baby found. She deserves the respect of being found. She is a sweet, tiny little important human.

aLTHOUGH i READ SEVERAL OTHER STORIES IN THAT aFRO.COM LINK, SORRY. But I can't find Relisha related story. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thanks.

AFRO
Washington D.D. News
Originally published May 07, 2014

"Relisha Will Not Be Forgotten: Homeless Increases Risk"
by AFRO Staff

First sentence: "It has been more than two months since 8-year-old Relisha Rudd went missing from the Washington, D.C., shelter she had called home for two years."

https://www.afro.com/sections/news/washington/story.htm?storyid=82592

Hope that helps.

Wait...what?

pops, he just can't help himself. Nature of the beast. The beast with a huge arse ego. You just know he will resurface saying he has been bombarded with requests to come back. Delusional.

Where is our Relisha? Someone somewhere knows something.

pops, he just can't help himself. Nature of the beast. The beast with a huge arse ego. You just know he will resurface saying he has been bombarded with requests to come back. Delusional.

Where is our Relisha? Someone somewhere knows something.

Yes, I agree. His last 4:30 show was planned so that not many would be listening and he could come back that much easier imo.

Please, please...someone talk. Bring Relisha back to us.

He couldn't even make it a week. He is like a bad pimple that just won't go away.

Sick.

During the rally, Rudd's family and supporters plan to unveil a list of safety condition requests for the shelter in order to prevent future situations such as Rudd's disappearance from happening again.

whatever...

ITA, whatever! Wasn't SY adamant that Relisha didn't go missing from the shelter? Not saying the shelter doesn't need better safety and security measures...I'm sure they do, but if Relisha didn't disappear from the shelter, exactly what are they proposing to "prevent future situations such as Rudd's disappearance from happening again"? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Ahh discontent amongst the Fam, me thinks someone might start pointing fingers :)

I sure hope so. I really do.

ITA, whatever! Wasn't SY adamant that Relisha didn't go missing from the shelter? Not saying the shelter doesn't need better safety and security measures...I'm sure they do, but if Relisha didn't disappear from the shelter, exactly what are they proposing to "prevent future situations such as Rudd's disappearance from happening again"? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Maybe informing shelter residents to report overly friendly staff, that staff should not interact with residents outside of the shelter.
:dunno:

RSBM
ITA, whatever! Wasn't SY adamant that Relisha didn't go missing from the shelter?

Yep, once she saw that she had to admit Relisha was actually missing :banghead: SY insisted that that her mother and sister gave her to KT. Then it changed to just her mother. (Disclaimer: IIRC, it's hard to keep up with all the changing stories-I always doubt myself)

I was so hoping the reward would bring out some tips. Feeling so hopeless.

During the rally, Rudd's family and supporters plan to unveil a list of safety condition requests for the shelter in order to prevent future situations such as Rudd's disappearance from happening again.

whatever...

about the only thing I see that they should have done differently is actually do the bed checks we are told are supposed to happen nightly to see if the children who reside there are all present and oh yeah - not hiring ex-cons.

I do hope that some changes are mentioned that would improve the quality of life/safety for minor residents at DC General.

But really I think that the cracks Relisha fell through were of her families making alone. Had the family not facilitated Tatum's access Relisha would IMO still be a resident of DC General.

Among the safety requests are tighter security at the shelter and better living arrangements to help those staying at the shelter from becoming sick.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...ys-since-her-disappearance.html#ixzz33cPC6Txg
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

this bit frustrates the frick out of me. We have no evidence that Relisha was sick. Actually because she was handed over to Tatum, taking trips to participate in church conventions, swim parties at hotels etc it would seem she was in fact NOT sick.

Is the premise now back to her being in "Dr." Tatum's care so he could pursue remedies for Relisha's alleged health issues?

Confusing to say the least.

Nobody admits to having given Tatum Relisha. Nobody admits to having presented Tatum as Relisha's doctor and yet one of the two big concerns seems to be about how sickly she was while at DC General. Really??

:censored:

I am glad there is a rally and glad the Washington Interfaith Network is trying to raise awareness to the plight of children at DC General and Relisha's case. but the family and their supporters can take a big old flying leap for all I care. Their priorities are still all messed up and the focus remains on themselves and deflecting blame for what is ultimately their fault IMO.

Yes she did:

April 9
Young also revealed to Jeffcoat for the first time that her daughter often spent time away from the shelter with other family members where she said Tatum would pick up Relisha. "Relisha didn't go missing from the shelter. It is a rule at the shelter that kids are not allowed to enter nor exit the facility without their parents and I feel that I should put that out," Young said.Source: http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2014/04/09/relisha-rudd-mother-interview/7532971/

Yes she did:

April 9
Young also revealed to Jeffcoat for the first time that her daughter often spent time away from the shelter with other family members where she said Tatum would pick up Relisha. "Relisha didn't go missing from the shelter. It is a rule at the shelter that kids are not allowed to enter nor exit the facility without their parents and I feel that I should put that out," Young said.Source: http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2014/04/09/relisha-rudd-mother-interview/7532971/

Thanks, shadow of my mind! As RazTaz stated a few posts back, I'm always doubting myself due to the all the changing stories in this case. Was going to check the media links, but I'm in bed sick today :frown:, didn't feel like doing a bunch of scrolling...thanks for saving me the trouble! :loveyou:

hope you get to feeling better soon cinnamon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back