DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if someone was familiar with them.
They would have to know about the second housekeeper. ( unless the wife actually did text her, but I am not feeling that)
They would have to know where to get gasoline

Also, there was no forced entry was there?

BBM: I'm not either. Look at the verbiage used. It sounds desperate, not like feeling unwell and needing some rest.

She said, "I want to make sure you are not coming today",' the housekeeper recounted as she spoke to NBC4. '"Come Monday or any other day but not today".

(Sorry, y'all, I'm bored today and nitpicking) :)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...D-C-suspected-arson-attack.html#ixzz3aEMR9v96
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Carregal said heavy smoke and flames were coming from the second floor. Firefighters broke windows and pulled three victims from the house on stretchers, he said. One appeared to be a child and a second an adult female. He could not see the third victim.

Carregal said he had not seen anything unusual at the home Thursday. In fact, he said a grass cutting crew had been their trimming the lawn in the morning. At the time of the fire, he said he saw the family’s dogs in the yard

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

I thought four?

Updated 12:48 PM ET, Fri May 15, 2015
Suspicious fire kills four near Biden's home
Suspicious fire kills four near Biden's home 01:01
Washington (CNN)Four people died in a house fire near Vice President Joe Biden's home in Washington, D.C., on Thursday afternoon, and the police are still searching for the reason why.

The D.C. Police Department confirmed in a press release that four people

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/15/politics/house-fire-near-biden-residence/

A housekeeper who has worked for the family for 20 years told FOX 5's Marina Marraco that she was at the home on Wednesday. She said the couple, their 10-year-old son and another housekeeper slept in the home that night. The housekeeper received a text message Thursday morning from the mother and told her to not come by the house because the family was sick. When she called to respond to the text message, the phone call was not picked up.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

I'm assuming this housekeeper was loved by a lot of people. It's good she was spared finding, experiencing or encountering an awful scene or worse. :(

other than second floor, I don't know where the bodies were found
I am wondering if they were killed or disabled while they slept

Carregal said heavy smoke and flames were coming from the second floor. Firefighters broke windows and pulled three victims from the house on stretchers, he said. One appeared to be a child and a second an adult female. He could not see the third victim.

Carregal said he had not seen anything unusual at the home Thursday. In fact, he said a grass cutting crew had been their trimming the lawn in the morning. At the time of the fire, he said he saw the family’s dogs in the yard

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

I thought four?

I wondered if they had a lawn service because the likelihood of them having gas cans for yard work dramatically decreases in that event, unless someone knows the family. That said, depending on where the yard service parked and how they store their equipment/gas cans (here, they use pull-behind open trailers behind pick-up trucks), it would be easy to steal a 5-gallon plastic tank and/or more.

I thought four?

BBM: So the dogs and the housekeeper of 20 years were spared from the fire/scene? I guess the dogs are okay? Interesting.

The Dogs were in the yard.
The family or at least one person was awake and up before this happened.
The car was in the drive at 10:30, how long had it been there? moments? hours?
Was it usually in the garage?
Am I imagining it or did it say that the fire and bodies were on the second floor?

As for the lawn care... I expect they brought everything they needed to do the job with them.
They wouldn't store gas at a clients place

other than second floor, I don't know where the bodies were found
I am wondering if they were killed or disabled while they slept

BBM: I'm leaning toward that too.

This really isn't a Craig's List kind of neighborhood; but who knows.

Many times the key is surviving family members and/or their associates.

Did the father recently change jobs? Could this and its reasons be a factor?

Did you read the comments in that article?

Mention of a text from the mothers phone to a second housekeeper telling her not to come to the house the morning of the tragedy as the family was sick, assume that was the perpetrator using her phone, so I assume whatever occurred happened overnight or in the early hours of the morning before the house was set alight, do we know what time the car was driven away and abandoned?

This could either be a robbery, but more likely personal. If the car was driven off and abandoned before the fire the perpetrator could have returned to the house and be amongst the dead, if it was around the same time or afterwards then it's not a murder-suicide but something even more sinister. Very sad.

I'm thinking one of these ...

• Housekeeper who was found dead at the scene had a disgruntled lover
  • Murder / Suicide by one of the occupants
  • Robbery with fire lit to hide evidence like fingerprints etc.

Regarding the text to the second housekeeper, it wouldn't be too hard for investigators to work out where each phone was when the text was made, also how many people apart from the people in the home know to text the housekeeper unless they were asked? IE "Is anyone coming over this morning?" It seems to me if they were already dead there'd be nobody to tell a robber to do that, and did the mother have a lock on her phone or not?

Lots of hired help and two teenage daughters? Who knows how many people could have keys and know the security code?

Regarding the text to the second housekeeper, it wouldn't be too hard for investigators to work out where each phone was when the text was made, also how many people apart from the people in the home know to text the housekeeper unless they were asked? IE "Is anyone coming over this morning?" It seems to me if they were already dead there'd be nobody to tell a robber to do that, and did the mother have a lock on her phone or not?
I wonder if the family had there own groundskeepers? One of them may have had a dispute with the family and would certainly have access to gasoline. But, why would the killer take the car? No other way to get home? If so, how did he/she get there? Might the location where the car was found be within walking distance of the killer's residence.

If the killer got to the Savopoulos' residence some way other than by driving, as someone else already asked - how did the perp get the gasoline there? Two possibilities: the murders were premeditated and the perp left the gas cans there; or, there is more than one perp.

So, did the perp also have a grudge against the resident housekeeper, or was she victimized only because she was at the home most of the time?

This really isn't a Craig's List kind of neighborhood; but who knows.

Many times the key is surviving family members and/or their associates.

Did the father recently change jobs? Could this and its reasons be a factor?
Here is what the article you linked above says about Savvas' work:

Savvas Savopoulos is listed on the company Web site as president of American Iron Works, a *Hyattsville-based company that manufactures building materials. His Facebook page says that he is the head of Sigma Investment Strategies, a hedge fund and management company, and that he had recently accepted a job in Puerto Rico.

Sounds like a busy man. He is also an attorney:

A person who answered the phone at American Iron Works declined to comment, as did a representative at a law firm in Bladensburg that lists Savopoulos as an attorney. He is a member of a group called the Young Presidents’ Organization, a peer network for executives younger than 50.

Also from the link above:

Three of the four suffered blunt force or sharp object wounds, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. All the deaths are being investigated as homicides and the fire was intentionally set.

One of the victims may have been kept alive for a while and then killed some other way. Was it Amy? Did she have opportunity to text the other housekeeper when she realized something awful was happening and didn't want anyone else to become a victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma