DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that ultimately all that matters is that he did lie, not how he worded his lies. My point was that we don't know 100% for sure that he deliberately lied rather than omitting or misrepresenting some facts because he was flustered/stressed. That distinction does matter because to me he would seem a lot more suspect if he concocted some fabrication deliberately trying to mislead LE or divert their attention from him whereas I'd be less suspicious of him if he had, under great stress, stated things in a way that was not factual but was not intentionally deceptive/nefarious.

BBM. He admitted he lied only after being caught and shown proof. That is intentional deception on his part and very nefarious. It is his word only that he delivered the money to the home and the entire $40,000 has not been recovered.

JMO

Fair enough! I am not at all saying we should question LE. I think you're right that they just recorded what they were told and possibly that they did emphasize that he lied because they thought he was involved. I guess I was just making the point that everyone interprets words and interactions differently. I could have the exact same conversation w/ 2 different people and 1 could potentially come away from that conversation interpreting what I had said as a deliberate lie whereas the other person could have interpreted as me just being flustered/forgetting something, etc. It's not a point worth arguing about, for sure, because we don't know what was said anyway so I give the benefit of the doubt to LE, not to JW.

BBM #1: I do believe they put that in the report because it shows that during the interview with JW 1) his story changed w/r/t several key pieces of information and 2) they need to be very accurate in the report because they can't risk a mistrial or a "not guilty" verdict, especially in such a terrible case like this one. It was stated in the report because he did admit he lied when called out on it (they showed him texts from the other witnesses phone that contradicted his story, IIRC). Even if he is not guilty, they just want to make sure they state every little detail that may be pertinent to the investigation and arrests of everyone involved in this crime. LEO is very very careful about writing reports. Nothing would be just gratuitously thrown in there and stated as fact when it was not so. JMO.

That said, I totally understand what you mean in the second part BBM.

AND I can see how JW could be totally innocent. When I am rambling on about my day or details and I am just busy or hurried, etc, I do need to refer to my phone about important things. I would say something like "oh hold on let me check my phone because I remember discussing it but not the exact specifics, etc" - this is the norm for me (busy mom, PTA stuff, working, running errands, etc, sometimes I dont even remember what I had for breakfast, if any, or I recall erroneously something I could have sworn was accurate but it happened several days before- and that's just me being the tiniest bit busy or rushed, I can't imagine how I would feel if I were in JWs shoes, or anyone that had to be interviewed for this horrific crime)

Second- I often speak in hyperboles- just part of my sometimes awkward and sarcastic sense of humor, part of my affect when talking about anything usually- very loosey goosey with the vocabulary and "sayings" (unless it comes to speaking for something work-related)- but I often utter the phrase "oh wait a sec, I lied" or "oh nevermind, I lied" when I mis-remember a detail about anything- i.e. when I was talking to my husband last week "yeah I have a doctors appointment on 7/21 at 2- let me just double check my calendar to make sure"- (kristin checks calendar on phone) "OH! wait! I lied, it's the 23rd and at 10 am!"

So in that sense- maybe w JW its just the way he speaks- maybe he's dead in the water without his phone like I am - I have to refer to texts for everything- like pick up times for kids, grocery lists or items to pick up at the store that I have H text me- otherwise I would remember ZERO things.

I'd be a horrible police witness lol. Just horrendous.

I can also see how its suspicious that JW just made up details. Maybe he was ashamed that he took pics of the money (because his online presence often refers to something like "cash, money, power" or something like that)- maybe he was super embarassed that he was snapping selfies w cash while his boss/family was being tortured and set on fire?

Dunno. All speculation- my own opinions, etc.

BBM. He admitted he lied only after being caught and shown proof. That is intentional deception on his part and very nefarious. It is his word only that he delivered the money to the home and the entire $40,000 has not been recovered.

JMO

Yes, totally agree - he didn't admit to the lie until he was shown the texts to prove otherwise.

I'll track it down. I believe it was on the charging doc, but I don't want to misrepresent. I am genuinely wondering why LE was so suspicious of JW's lies if misspeaking and correcting accounts upon being shown evidence is a behavior that they normally encounter in interviews due to people being caught off guard or stressed. Why would they release that info to the media? NG seems a little all over the map when speaking to the media. I would guess that she didn't become a completely clear communicator when being interviewed by LE and had to correct herself. So, why wasn't she called out by LE for that? It just doesn't make sense. :thinking:

The difference between NG and JW is a big one. NG did not drive to the crime scene carrying 40k for the ransom. That right there puts JW in a very suspicious position.

JMO

If he did not deliver the $, where did all the cash that DW had come from?

If he did not deliver the $, where did all the cash that DW had come from?

DW did not have the entire $40,000 nor is it known whether the money he did have came from the ransom or some other crime such as drugs.

JMO

Yes, which means there is still part of the $40,000 unaccounted for.

The search warrant was to include US currency

IMO the ABC news article titled "What Cops Found in Car Mansion Murder Suspect Was Traveling In" which you linked means police were looking for the $40,000 which was delivered and was now missing...because the murderer took it

Richard Matt has been shot and LE is closing in on Sweat. CNN

Yes, I am assuming JW knew about the murder. I'm also assuming LE read him his rights prior to interrogating him.

JMO

He wasn't under arrest. So I don't think that LE read him his rights.

The search warrant was to include US currency

IMO the ABC news article titled "What Cops Found in Car Mansion Murder Suspect Was Traveling In" which you linked means police were looking for the $40,000 which was delivered and was now missing...because the murderer took it

I was asked and provided a link to show LE is still looking for money.

I also haven't seen any proof the entire $40,000 was delivered. While JW claims he delivered it, I've not seen any LE confirmation of it.

JMO

Which was not found, iirc. The only person found with large amounts of US currency (along with DNA left at the scene and victims blood on his shoe) was Mr. Wint
JMO

I wasn't saying what they found, just what they were looking for per the SWs. I think they were looking for much of the same stuff for all vehicles. I've posted links to the SWs several times (BMW, Chevy, Ford) recently if you want to read them both.

I'm sorry I don't have a SW for Wint vehicles. I have only a SW for JW's BMW and it is only 7 pps.

OK, you are referring to the Chevy Cruz and the box truck.

I agree with you.

This convoluted debate actually began with this post to which Admin requested a link for citation.

At any rate, there is no support for "missing money" in either SW. ;)

Except if there wasn't money missing, they wouldn't be looking for it. I think the problem is people are saying some of the money is missing. I think we should assume that until the SWs were executed all of the money was officially missing.

I was asked and provided a link to show LE is still looking for money.

I also haven't seen any proof the entire $40,000 was delivered. While JW claims he delivered it, I've not seen any LE confirmation of it.

JMO

Charging document pg 11 states the decedents were murdered after the $40,000 was delivered to the house by W1

The link you were asked to provide was to your post suggesting JW was suspected by LE of taking a "large chunk" of the $40k and him being the last person to see it
The link you provided was What Cops Found in Car Mansion Murder Suspect Was Traveling In where police were looking for cash in the vehicles involved with Wint

I wasn't saying what they found, just what they were looking for per the SWs. I think they were looking for much of the same stuff for all vehicles. I've posted links to the SWs several times (BMW, Chevy, Ford) recently if you want to read them both.

Agree. After search warrants..
Wint was found with money and blood on his shoe, JW has not been charged or named as a suspect after searches and interviews

JMO

From the Ford/Chevy SW: Your affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W-1. After all the money was delivered the four decedents were killed.

So as of May 22, LE apparently believes the JW did deliver all $40,000 to the house.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member