DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she just learned of the dojo from AS the week prior, I find it highly unlikely NG would have been in the loop with JW about a package drop-off yet she said she spoke to JW on Thursday and confirmed he dropped off the cash at the house.

NG has attempted to portray herself not only close to the family but that both SS and AS possibly saved her life by repeatedly telling her not to come to the house on Thursday. NG came to the scene and she has spoken repeatedly to the media. If she isn't being looked at as a suspect, I'll be very surprised.

JMO

i agree. I am sure that SS and AS had one goal: buy more time until they could get help from the outside. NG didn't "get" any of the subtle clues they were sending that something was adrift. I don't think, with their son being tortured in the next room, they were primarily focused on getting a chance to use the phone to make sure NG didn't also put herself at risk. They were trying to find ways to get help or just doing what was instructed.

So you are saying that DW was a hardened criminal? Maybe you are saying that DW hooked up with hardened criminals who also bore a grudge against SS? I am a little perplexed by your post.

DW "is" a textbook hardened criminal. Has a rap sheet from here to Brooklyn (via California). Nice people don't have friends like DW, so I think it's fair to say his friends are just as hardened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see how the Savopoulous family would be a good target for ISIS. They may be wealthier than the average family, but they are not high-profile or celebrities. ISIS would probably put more fear into Americans if they targeted a middle-class family, since it would be easier to imagine it happening to them. "We found out about them because the father is a CEO and millionaire". The public tends to get most terrified of cases that are completely random, where they cannot seperate the victim(s) from themselves. And if they do want to target a wealthy family, they might as well go for someone who is household name.

ISIS theory doesn't fit in any way except that it's the current fear trend dominating the media. I imagine satanic cults would've been brought up a lot if WS was around in the 80's.

ISIS isn't a fear trend. It is very real. Young Americans are being actively recruited on the Internet. The attacks yesterday were on three continents. They are taking place where people expect to be safe and secure such as at the beach, in their place of worship. The savage attack on the S family took place in their own home.

The S family was targeted, there is no doubt in my mind. What is unknown is who targeted them and why.

JMO

i agree. I am sure that SS and AS had one goal: buy more time until they could get help from the outside. NG didn't "get" any of the subtle clues they were sending that something was adrift. I don't think, with their son being tortured in the next room, they were primarily focused on getting a chance to use the phone to make sure NG didn't also put herself at risk. They were trying to find ways to get help or just doing what was instructed.

Frankly, I don't know why either AS or SS was even allowed to contact NG for any reason. I find that in itself to be suspicious.

JMO

DW "is" a textbook hardened criminal. Has a rap sheet from here to Brooklyn (via California). Nice people don't have friends like DW, so I think it's fair to say his friends are just as hardened.

Yes, the term "hardened criminal" applies to anyone who has repeatedly been arrested and who has no remorse or compassion for his victims. The torture and murder of young PS certainly proves it to be true in this case.

JMO

How about not leaving any evidence behind beside the pizza crust? Not being seen or heard coming or going and controlling that house? Skirting the alarm and cameras that SS had? Their are tricks to every trade.
Have you learned or mastered any trade, craft or art before?

We don't know he didn't leave other evidence behind....in fact it's been reported that they found other DNA for DW in other areas of the house. We also don't know who saw what.....coming, going or otherwise because there's been only a minuscule amount of information released. The DVR and recordings from security were taken so there's that. I'm can make a mean ceviche and I'm pretty good at mosaic art. [emoji14] it didn't take a rocket scientist or some great skill they've mastered to pull this off. It took one knife by one coward to one kids throat.

Most knife fights don't kill they cut and that was what DW did. Taking a knife sharpener and ramming it your boss's ear and into the brain like Richard Matt did, or being a serial killer, or killing people especially multiple people is what I think of with "hardened criminal". Before this crime, DW was like tens of thousands of others which is why he wasn't in prison.

I can't. Really??? [emoji30] do you know where the carotid artery is? Did you see the scar on DW's victims neck? Looking at basic statistics, there are more murders by knives than guns.

How about the torture of Philip? Do you know why he was tortured too.??

If we (the royal we) know that someone's child being tortured is better leverage than torturing a grown man himself, it's reasonable to conclude DW knew that, too.

Just curious as to why you assume he couldn't have thought of any of this on his own?

I haven't been mentored in crime, I don't have any relatives or friends who are criminals, I haven't taken any courses in criminal mentality or psychology, forensics, law enforcement or crime scene cleanup and yet I can figure out how to do lots of things without help. And yes, I have learned a lot from watching TV, movies, news reports, interviews, reading books and articles. If I can learn what to do while committing a crime, DW can, too. Perhaps you qualify for Mensa; I don't but I'm at least intelligent enough to know fact from fiction when I watch TV, belch and scratch my belly... nyuk nyuk nyuk.

It has been reported he wore gloves. Lots of burglars wear gloves. He used items at hand to bind and kill his victims. He didn't bring a murder kit that we know of.

I doubt LE underestimates any criminal's intelligence, that would be a mistake. LOL, autocorrect keeps trying to tell me it's incorrect to write "criminal's intelligence"!

I'm not alone in my opinion that this was only meant to be a daytime burglary of an empty home and it turned into an unplanned and sloppy kidnapping, torture and murder.

I'm not sure what to make of "someone in the truck" giving instructions and cash for laundering to those women. A partner in crime for the planning but who wasn't at the murder scene possibly? I don't know. Maybe he was the brains, maybe he was half the brains. Phone records will show a lot.

i guess i will have to agree to disagree with most of the posters on here today. Nothing special or unusual about this crime is there? They have the bad guy. Nothing to see please move along...
Since no one wanted to answer my question about learning an art, trade or craft i will answer myself. one cannot learn such things in a book or movie, tv. One cannot learn such things orally. One must be a journeyman and learn from the pros on the job.
i will shut up now and go away. M

BBM

Yes, one absolutely can learn such things from a book, movie or tv.

I never said the document wasn't the truth so please do misrepresent my posts. Police officers submit their requests based only on what they believe to be true at the time they submit the document. That was done in this case.

JMO

Ok. So does that mean you will admit that the detectives BELIEVE that JW dropped off 40k at the garage? :wink:

I can't. Really??? [emoji30] do you know where the carotid artery is? Did you see the scar on DW's victims neck? Looking at basic statistics, there are more murders by knives than guns.

I'm not saying he wasn't a criminal before this latest arrest but I personally don't view him as "hardened criminal". He hadn't spent a decade in jail, murdered anyone at that point etc

I never said evidence collected from a search warrant is not admitted at trial. What I said was that search warrants are not evidence. I have not stated that LE isn't working as a team.

JMO

But search warrants CAN be introduced as evidence. They are JUDICIAL DOCUMENTS, based on sworn testimony from the detectives. So yes, they can be used by the defense in the trial if need be. If a detective lied in obtaining a warrant it could be used against him in court.

Frankly, I don't know why either AS or SS was even allowed to contact NG for any reason. I find that in itself to be suspicious.

JMO

I am surprised in general at the amount of talking time SS got. He could have easily laid it all on the line and yelled "help, call 911". We know why he did not. He was with a madman who would kill his family instantly. But DW couldn't be 100% sure that SS wouldn't try that, or that he might try to send hints that something was wrong. (Which SS did try to do!l)

I guess that DW thought that calls would be the fastest way to communicate with another person. (True.) That DW let SS call NG, call VF's husband and talk to his sister on the phone would have been pretty risky for the perps. Seems sort of dumb on their part. Though unfortunately, it did not backfire for them.

Hey, has anyone ever heard anymore about the calls made Weds night revolving around trying to get money wired from SS's and AS's accounts? I believe I heard it was reported by a DC news station, but that info kind of went into the ether. But it would make sense that DW and Co were trying to get more money and settled, unhappily settled, for what the acct would get from the bank the next AM.

We can agree to disagree on whether "hardened criminal" is a term befitting of DW. Violent yes but hardened sound like someone older with a lot of time in prison imo.

Assaults with guns vs knives is roughly equal. What is interesting is that guns are MUCH more prevalent in robberies (124K to 23K respectively). So why did the criminals not use a gun? They are easy to come by on the street? This level of violence wasn't necessary.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...ime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/15tabledatadecpdf

I'm not saying he wasn't a criminal before this latest arrest but I personally don't view him as "hardened criminal". He hadn't spent a decade in jail, murdered anyone at that point etc

He attacked a man and stabbed him repeatedly with a knife. That came pretty close to murder. And he bragged to his girlfriend that he was good with knives and would kill her baby if he wanted to. Sounds like a hardened criminal to me. The only reason he hadnt spent a decade in jail is because our court system sucks.

We can agree to disagree on whether "hardened criminal" is a term befitting of DW. Violent yes but hardened sound like someone older with a lot of time in prison imo.

Assaults with knives vs guns roughly equal. What is interesting is that guns are much more prevalent in robberies so why did the criminals not use a gun? They are easy to come by on the street? This level of violence wasn't necessary.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...ime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/15tabledatadecpdf

He stabbed, bludgeoned and strangled four innocent people for hours on end. Are we really going to deny that he was as hardened criminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine