DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did NG have key to S home? IDK.
Wondering whether S home might have electronic/digital-only access (terminology?), integrated w alarm system.

Can a W/S wizard post pix from Google St View or other sources, showing digital keypads (term?) on or next to doors?
All doors? Some doors? Or lack of keypads?

Earlier on, some ppl commented about home alarm systems allowing/forcing diff household residents, housekeepers, nannies, tradespeople, et al to key in personalized codes for access - to ID them & timing of entries & exits.
Totally ignorant about this, but cd it operate along same lines as employer-based access systems, w codes or badges.
IDNrecall any definitive conclusions reached about whether S' home alarm system offered this feature. Or it is so basic that virtually any alarm system in use these days has it?

/s/ Lost in 19th Century Technology (LOL)

Remember the alarm contractor who went on the record saying the S home did not have a keypad. You can do a search in websleuths for "Savvas alarm keypad" to see past discussions on this.

1. “We don’t know what is going on,” said Debra Ann Masser of Sarasota, Fla., the sister of Savvas Savopoulos. Masser said family members had been reaching out to authorities to figure out who the victims are but that they have not received any answers. She declined to discuss the fire or family further until she knew more about what happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4df8ee-fa6f-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

2. Relatives of the Savopouloses have spoken briefly about the family and the incident, but they have been too overwrought for more in-depth interviews.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

3.When Debra Masser spoke to her brother Savvas Savopoulos by phone Thursday morning, the chief executive and father of a prominent local family seemed to be untroubled and in good spirits.

“I can’t even express my sorrow,” Masser said. “I can’t even say anything.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Debra-Masser/-2051405288

Wondering whether S home might have electronic/digital-only access (terminology?), integrated w alarm system.

Can a W/S wizard post pix from Google St View or other sources, showing digital keypads (term?) on or next to doors?

Earlier on, some ppl commented about home alarm systems allowing/forcing diff household residents, housekeepers, nannies, tradespeople, et al to key in personalized codes for access - to ID them & timing of entries & exits.
Totally ignorant about this, but cd it operate along same lines as employer-based access systems, w codes or badges.
IDNrecall any definitive conclusions reached about whether S' home alarm system offered this feature. Or it is so basic that virtually any alarm system in use these days has it?

I set up my alarm system so that no one but me has the "master code" and others (like contractors or cleaning people) each gets their own code. If I ever got suspicious that someone was coming in when not scheduled or not coming in when supposed to (eg dog walker) I can look at a log of comings and goings by going to a website that stores that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I just got off a sailboat where I was blissfully incommunicado for many days. It doesn't seem like there has been any news except that one released new phone call from AS to NG days before the murders. Has that already been hashed out here? Wonder why that one was released and why so much interest in the week before the murders. I have a feeling LE knows something very interesting that may relate to the dojo.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html

Ok so I just got off a sailboat where I was blissfully incommunicado for many days. It doesn't seem like there has been any news except that one released new phone call from AS to NG days before the murders. Has that already been hashed out here? Wonder why that one was released and why so much interest in the week before the murders. I have a feeling LE knows something very interesting that may relate to the dojo.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html

Glad to have you back! I wonder if SS advertised the Dojo opening and possibly prize money for winners or something. Does anyone know about this?

I was also thinking about SS's calls with a contractor. I know in my line of work accounting needs invoices before they can issue checks - or potentially take out $40K to pay a contractor in cash. Maybe that is why SS had to call the Contractor so he'd have what the accountant needed or was normally done in his past business dealings?

Getting back up to speed -- what call with the contractor?

I think this suspicion towards NG is just going to take us down a rabbit hole. I do not think there will be any connection between NG and DW and I don't think he needed her in any way.

If NG wanted to gain by stealing there were much easier more lucrative ways than a messy bloody home invasion. JMO

What's up Buttercup? Love that name BTW!

[video]https://youtu.be/iol0B-clFFM[/video]

Going on the theory that Nellie was just listening the voicemails and reading her texts, and suddenly bells and whistles began to go off in her head. Something was up. These were strange messages. :fireworks: Vera never spent the night - EVER.

Divine intervention? Lucky? Not her time? What if Vera had chosen to work with Nellie at the dojo? Did Vera have a landline? Did Vera have a key?

I believe Nellie believed by the time she called Vera she thought Vera would be home and have her phone on charge.

Thanks... and thanks for the video too. :great:

Not sure I'm in on any NG conspiracy

image.jpg
Ahhh lunch! #CFS

Getting back up to speed -- what call with the contractor?

Welcome back! You can see we've made headway (haha). In the docs somewhere it was said that the flurry of calls starting at 7 AM included calls between SS, the AIW employee and a construction exec--and maybe asst, I can't recall!. (It was not indicated in the doc who made or received the calls. It was just a flurry apparently.)

I think this suspicion towards NG is just going to take us down a rabbit hole. I do not think there will be any connection between NG and DW and I don't think he needed her in any way.

If NG wanted to gain by stealing there were much easier more lucrative ways than a messy bloody home invasion. JMO

I know. Of course, anything is possible at this point. But the things that are being pointed to as incriminating are not incriminating. (Not checking her messages or calling the husband, etc.) And there is a good reason SS called her. He would have made up an excuse to have to call ANYONE. And I DO think DW would prefer people not dropping by the house if it could prevented, so he might have wanted SS to make the call if he was made to believe by SS or AS that a cleaning crew might be coming.

Would I be shocked to find out that NG shared info (knowingly or unknowingly) with someone about the dojo and cash prizes, etc.? Not shocked. But hard to jump to the conclusion she was involved.

You COMPLETELY missed my point. You can reread my post if you want to try and understand if. Anyway, NG would have a key. And, if she was a co-conspirator, why wouldn't DW + Co just call her themselves from SS's phone if they wanted to tell her something. Also, SS TOLD them she was supposed to come the next AM so that he could have an excuse to call her. Even if another housekeeper was there. He CONVINCED DW that it would be safer for DW if he could call NG and tell her not to come. He would have hoped she would think "this call doesn't make sense. I'm not even supposed to come tomorrow. Something is fishy here. Something is wrong with both Amy and Philip. I'm calling the police." Get it?

BBM. I don't "get it" when you fail to provide links. I seriously doubt NG had a key to the home or the access code to the security system because the family had in their home an expensive art collection. The issue isn't that SS called NG, the issue is why Wint allowed him and AS to make TWO calls to NG and she claims she didn't check messages until the next day. She then failed to contact Vera's husband as SS requested.

DW and AS may have been using SS and AS phones to communicate. The phones are missing according to the search warrants.

JMO

It has been reported that the family had an expensive art collection and they generously opened their home to host charity and political events such as fund raisers. I think their insurance company would require a sophisticated security system be in place.

Manatos recalled a fundraiser for former senator Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) at the Savopoulos home. He said many people would have left their children upstairs with a babysitter, but the couple let them mingle with the guests.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

bbm

re bbm: Shy of the 70 yr mark and waaaaaaay past 16 yr mark (TG for that & also TG for Urban Dict).

A wonderful feature of W/Sleuths: random demographics of posters are pretty much meaningless and ignored, but we get the benefit of many posters w varied background, experience, info, and opn's.

Haha. I had to look up TG. I am out of it on both fronts (short-hand and Urban Dictionary). Though working with a bunch of hip millennials and having a 10-year-old (going on teenager) help me a tiny bit. (A very tiny bit.) Diversity is the key to good debate!

What I find most interesting about it is that investigators believe Wint FORCED SS to communicate with NG and NG was asked to send a text message to acknowledge receipt. This text is something NG failed to mention in her media blitz.

JMO

You COMPLETELY missed my point. You can reread my post if you want to try and understand if. Anyway, NG would have a key. And, if she was a co-conspirator, why wouldn't DW + Co just call her themselves from SS's phone if they wanted to tell her something. Also, SS TOLD them she was supposed to come the next AM so that he could have an excuse to call her. Even if another housekeeper was there. He CONVINCED DW that it would be safer for DW if he could call NG and tell her not to come. He would have hoped she would think "this call doesn't make sense. I'm not even supposed to come tomorrow. Something is fishy here. Something is wrong with both Amy and Philip. I'm calling the police." Get it?

BBM. I don't "get it" when you fail to provide links. I seriously doubt NG had a key to the home or the access code to the security system because the family had in their home an expensive art collection. The issue isn't that SS called NG, the issue is why Wint allowed him and AS to make TWO calls to NG and she claims she didn't check messages until the next day. She then failed to contact Vera's husband as SS requested.

DW and AS may have been using SS and AS phones to communicate. The phones are missing according to the search warrants.

JMO

I got it both times that kammiemc posted. To clarify the reason why DW allowed the calls is because he already had four hostages on his hands. To add more people to the mix would be more difficult to control and jeopardize his chances for success in what was turning into an over night standoff. NG didn't check messages till the next day. True, that's not out of the ordinary. NG failed to contact Vera's husband. She admitted it and she regretted it.

JMO

The S family wasn't the only family in DC with an expensive art collection. I would not be surprised if the housekeeper had a key. This happens frequently in the home of wealthy people in Washington.

I got it both times that kammiemc posted. To clarify the reason why DW allowed the calls is because he already had four hostages on his hands. To add more people to the mix would be more difficult to control and jeopardize his chances for success in what was turning into an over night standoff. NG didn't check messages till the next day. True, that's not out of the ordinary. NG failed to contact Vera's husband. She admitted it and she regretted it.

BBM. It is your speculation and is not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma