DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the level of threats of violence that DW has in his criminal history, compared to the total lack of same in JW's past, there is no comparison. JW worked with kids for years. I have never heard of him threatening to cut one with a knife before, the way DW did with bravado.

It just seems so odd that people want to think that DW, the one with a violent criminal history, would not carry this torture out but somehow JW would because he was not coaching the kid anymore. :waitasec:

Neither JW or DW had ever harmed a child. One of them had a relationship with PS - JW.

Seeing the level of threats of violence that DW has in his criminal history, compared to the total lack of same in JW's past, there is no comparison. JW worked with kids for years. I have never heard of him threatening to cut one with a knife before, the way DW did with bravado.

It just seems so odd that people want to think that DW, the one with a violent criminal history, would not carry this torture out but somehow JW would because he was not coaching the kid anymore. :waitasec:

I think some people feel that way because DW's seems like more of the "instrumental" crime type -- i.e., committing crime to get what he wants, in this case, probably money, and the crime against PS seemed more personal than that. Yes, torturing someone's son would be a way to get money out of them, but it seems unlikely that SS really resisted giving money since he had plenty of it and probably would have paid anything to make this guy leave the house and his family unharmed.

Wint had no problem threatening violence to children

That year his father Dennis took him to court to when he 'threatened to shoot (his father)', his application for a peace order states.
Wint, who was 21 at the time, was said to have stood outside his father's home and said he would kill his father and threatened his step-mother Pamela and his eight-year-old sister.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rd-told-woman-m-good-knife.html#ixzz3eanpn3df

Wint, a failed Marine who didn't pass boot camp, also allegedly told one woman who he rowed with: 'I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and your friends'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rd-told-woman-m-good-knife.html#ixzz3eaoO5vPr

So Wint was able to become more violent towards them because they were living the Brady Bunch lifestyle.

I think some people feel that way because DW's seems like more of the "instrumental" crime type -- i.e., committing crime to get what he wants, in this case, probably money, and the crime against PS seemed more personal than that. Yes, torturing someone's son would be a way to get money out of them, but it seems unlikely that SS really resisted giving money since he had plenty of it and probably would have paid anything to make this guy leave the house and his family unharmed.

I think the ps fire was for dna purposes. Are there any pedos that run in dw's crowd?

I think the ps fire was for dna purposes. Are there any pedos that run in dw's crowd?

Well do we think that the Vera and AS were assaulted? Then wouldn't they be burned? I just don't know that I would make that leap.

Y

Why do we have to choose between them? IMO, they may well be the perfect partners in crime. Of course, I believe that DW would carry out this kind of torture but the burning alive of a child when he is of no further use as a weapon against his parents...leads me to believe, at this point, that someone in that house had a deep seated hatred of that child...one that didn't spring up in one overnight period. Spunky as PS might have been...after being cut and tortured, I imagine he was in pain and subdued...he was hardly agitating the Monsters roaming the house.

I believe their was a deep seated resentment, anger, jealously that made PS a target of rage...even after the child was wounded and suffering. IMO, JW , who LE says lied during the interrogation, who had a huge ego and slim prospects..could well have been another individual in that house...partnered with DW...maybe egged on by him...and taking out his failures, perceived disrespect and despair where he finally could.

I'm not saying it happened. But it certainly would not be the first time...that a charming sociopath stymied in what he wanted for HIMSELF.. turned out to be a cold blooded easy killer. This website abounds with examples.

Just my opinion, as always.

Well, there was more than just the fire. MSM says he was tortured before he was killed.

But it is not beyond the realm of possibilities. I find the defensiveness about discussing JW hard to understand as well. What is our purpose here?

Furthermore, what do we learn from our participation here? That the most unlikely people can do the most heinous things. If anything, this place should be an eye-opener and a mind-opener. Beautiful children murdered by their supposedly loving parents. Beautiful women murdered by supposedly devoted husbands. A evangelical preacher's bodyguard slaughtering his wife and two little boys for a dog track waitress that he was taking WITH HIM on his trips for the EVANGELIST!

All this is beyond my comprehension, but unfortunately....not beyond possibility.

I also think it is possible that a person beyond DW could be involved in this case, but not necessarily onboard with the murders. A person could have felt coerced, or just desperate for cash and didn't think through the possible consequences and so just went along with a terrible plan that went awry. About five years ago, I worked with a very nice, quiet, well-liked church-going, talented, hard-working family man in an ad agency.

On Valentine's day night, he called to say he was coming home to make cookies with his kids. But he never made it home. His pregnant wife was distraught. Our whole company and LE went looking for him night and day. His car was found. He was suspected to be dead. Turns out, he staged his own disappearance, drained his and his wife's bank about, ditched his young children and pregnant wife, changed his name and moved to LA. He had been leading a double life, swinging with couples at seedy sex clubs and was, in fact, a complete fake. (I'm not sure if I am allowed to post his name here. But it was INSANE. No one, not even his closest family members or a single one our our coworkers EVER would have suspected him to be capable of that. There's a documentary about it.

He presented himself on social media and everywhere else as a sweet family man. He was the opposite.

Y

Why do we have to choose between them? IMO, they may well be the perfect partners in crime. Of course, I believe that DW would carry out this kind of torture but the burning alive of a child when he is of no further use as a weapon against his parents...leads me to believe, at this point, that someone in that house had a deep seated hatred of that child...one that didn't spring up in one overnight period. Spunky as PS might have been...after being cut and tortured, I imagine he was in pain and subdued...he was hardly agitating the Monsters roaming the house.

I believe their was a deep seated resentment, anger, jealously that made PS a target of rage...even after the child was wounded and suffering. IMO, JW , who LE says lied during the interrogation, who had a huge ego and slim prospects..could well have been another individual in that house...partnered with DW...maybe egged on by him...and taking out his failures, perceived disrespect and despair where he finally could.

I'm not saying it happened. But it certainly would not be the first time...that a charming sociopath stymied in what he wanted for HIMSELF.. turned out to be a cold blooded easy killer. This website abounds with examples.

I still lean toward JW's responsibility on some level, ranging from not criminal all the way up to torturing a ten year old.

That said, that DW could torture a little boy wouldn't shock me, believing that he drove the killing spree phase of the crime. Some pretty dastardly things likely happened to DW (and/or other related psychopath) as a kid. It isn't hard for me to imagine some unholy psychodrama playing out with PS as this gruesome operatic epic came to its climax.

Nature and nurture could possibly factor into Wint's pathology toward the child.

The timeline is so interesting. What we know and what we think we know about who was freed to speak, move about, who came and went, if I have time to kill in the next couple of days I'll put a proper calendar and timeline together.

Y

WELL SAID! JW has demonstrated flashes of delusional grandeur.

JMO

Neither JW or DW had ever harmed a child. One of them had a relationship with PS - JW.

DW DID harm a child. He stood outside of his family home and threatened to kill his 8 yr old sister. I call that harming a child. I cannot imagine my son ever threatening to kill his little sister. It is just unreal and calls for a very violent sick person to even think such a thing---let alone scream it in a threatening fashion. And he did a similar thing to an ex girlfriend so he does not learn from his mistakes apparently. And who gets out of control drunk, out in the streets, with a machete in their backpack?

DW has harmed children, imo. And he beat up his girlfriends, more than once. And threatened to kill his family.

All of that is enough to put him way ahead of JW on the suspicion scale, imo, in terms of which one wanted to see the kid die. JMO

I don't agree at all that DW is an 'instrumental' crime type. He had a history of making over the top violent threats, including threatening to kill his baby sister who was only 8. That makes him more of a 'personal' and vicious, violent criminal, imo.

I don't agree at all that DW is an 'instrumental' crime type. He had a history of making over the top violent threats, including threatening to kill his baby sister who was only 8. That makes him more of a 'personal' and vicious, violent criminal, imo.

And...

Wint accused of threatening to kill woman and baby, destroying property

In 2010, Wint pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her infant daughter. The Associated Press reports that Wint was accused of breaking into the woman's apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car. Wint reportedly called the woman to tell her: "I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and your friends." He also claimed he was "good with a knife"and "not afraid of the police" and could 'kill them easily," reports AP. The Daily Mail reported that Wint had gone out to a club with a female friend and some of her friends before the incident.

Instrumental is a good term. A means to lead to the end result. DW simply did not care. He may have been paid "extra" to torture the child to send a message to the parent who indulged the child.

I think a parent would cave at the mere threat of harm to a child and JW strikes me as the type who would hire a hit before getting his hands dirty.

JMO

f
I also think it is possible that a person beyond DW could be involved in this case, but not necessarily onboard with the murders. A person could have felt coerced, or just desperate for cash and didn't think through the possible consequences and so just went along with a terrible plan that went awry. About five years ago, I worked with a very nice, quiet, well-liked church-going, talented, hard-working family man in an ad agency.

On Valentine's day night, he called to say he was coming home to make cookies with his kids. But he never made it home. His pregnant wife was distraught. Our whole company and LE went looking for him night and day. His car was found. He was suspected to be dead. Turns out, he staged his own disappearance, drained his and his wife's bank about, ditched his young children and pregnant wife, changed his name and moved to LA. He had been leading a double life, swinging with couples at seedy sex clubs and was, in fact, a complete fake. (I'm not sure if I am allowed to post his name here. But it was INSANE. No one, not even his closest family members or a single one our our coworkers EVER would have suspected him to be capable of that. There's a documentary about it.

He presented himself on social media and everywhere else as a sweet family man. He was the opposite.
I remember that and I am fairly certain there is a thread on that case here but I don't remember the guy's name.

Instrumental is a good term. A means to lead to the end result. DW simply did not care. He may have been paid "extra" to torture the child to send a message to the parent who indulged the child.

I think a parent would cave at the mere threat of harm to a child and JW strikes me as the type who would hire a hit before getting his hands dirty.

JMO

What about NG? Did she want the <modsnip>10 yr old tortured to death too? Sick of cleaning up after him maybe?

I think it is kind of unfair, to talk about wanting to minimize one's own trauma, by not wanting to know all of the gruesome details, while at the same time, publicly accusing a young man of taking part in that brutal crime, in spite of his total lack of criminal history or violent nature. It seems a bit unfair, but maybe it is just because I have a son the same age that looks very much like JW, so I feel protective of him. :cow:

I get it. My 10-year-old son looks like PS and seems to have a similar spirit from what I've read. And that might be why I feel uncharacteristically dispassionate about speculating about anyone who lied in the case of his murder. Admittedly, cold as ice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will learn quite a bit I think the preliminary hearing. Isn't it coming up soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75