DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhmm. There is a serious lack of proportion in your follow-up to my statement. If you are somehow linking me with the idea of someone being paid to torture a child, you need to re-read all of my posts.

I just don't buy that JW is above suspicion. He deserves suspicion, scrutiny and harshness can hardly be avoided in discussing his known misdeeds.

Of course he deserves suspicion because he blatantly lied to cops. I made the comment that JW strikes me as the type who would rather hire a hit than get his hands dirty. Everybody knows the $40,000 ransom money came out of SS' pocket, not JW's. This crime takes a level of sophistication in planning that I don't believe DW has. Sometimes it is better to scroll and roll rather than try to reason with the intentionally unreasonable.

JMO

I don't see anyone saying DW is not responsible. I see people saying someone else may be involved and it seems likely that this someone would have a relationship to the family. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. There is a range of possibilities, from no involvement to mastermind and everything in between. This was a devastating crime, but someone having a different theory than you is not a personal attack on you. We are all interested in figuring out what happened. It's really impossible for me to believe that ANYONE would be able to do what was done to these people. Even with his ridiculous threats ("I'm not afraid of the police". Please. Hubris and hyperbole. If he wasn't afraid of the police, he wouldn't have tried to cover his tracks.) and criminal history, I can't believe that DW would torture and murder PS and the adults in that manner. I can't believe JW would do it or anyone else whose name has come up. But someone did do it. And it's possible that more than one person was involved in planning, committing and/or covering up these crimes.

I know it is not a personal attack on me. But thank you for trying to calm the waters. It just feels frustrating to see NG and JW being painted as possibly hiring someone to kill a 10 yr old, based upon such flimsy evidence. It does bother me because JW will have these accusations all over the place when his name is googled.

But I could be totally wrong. Maybe he is a heartless cruel monster that has been able to hide his true darkness all of this time. Who knows?

IMO DW did not need JW social media posts to have SS on his radar. He previously worked for him.. <modsnip>SS was a successful man, living in a beautiful home with six luxury cars in the driveway. His lifestyle was no secret.

Five (situationally-normal) luxury cars and one exotic supercar!

If SS tipped his hand about the extent of their wealth, in a place that put his family in danger, I'm going with it being bringing the Mosler to the go-kart track (Or AIW HQ, but wasn't the car purchased after Wint's termination?) I am not faulting SS, but I fear the go-kart track could be the nexus.

Lifestyle spending is something that you have to be in-close to know about.

For example, I don't suppose the SS family posted pics of their jet on SM and called it out as such, even if the girls hopped on it every long weekend their parents and brother lived abroad. Also, you'd have to know them personally to know the girls were at higher-end boarding schools. This isn't first generation, new money. They didn't seem determined to impress. The only showy thing of note is that car, the car that played a part in the lies about the ransom delivery on the day that the bloodbath unfolded.

I don't know why DW would have been aware how wealthy SS was, as compared to the bosses anywhere else he'd ever worked.

Thank you for that, "jumping the shark" because it fits so perfectly to describe certain things. :D That phrase cracked me up for years until I learned where it came from, lol! (Not a fan of fifties stuff, Happy Days included, nobody throw shoes, please)

I agree with you that those are theories - I really do. It was just some other weird things were coming up. Some of those wild ones aren't here anymore.

I am SO curious to find out what was behind JW's differing stories regarding the cash drop off.

Just so people know, I wasn't making that a judgmental, sarcastic question regarding how some posters would feel, it was meant to be thought about. Jeez, I can now hear the sanctimonious voice in my head as I reread that question, but it wasn't what I intended. I didn't intend to scold or make anyone feel bad. A philosophical or sociological question, I guess.

I swear I have no clue if I'll be eating my hat or crow if he turns out to be involved in some way, but the degree of guilt I would feel would depend on level of participation. I can go as far as to think lots of people, could be involved in a spur of the moment kinda thing if they were fired and p.o.'d, and grousing about money and bitter. Maybe he set something in motion that was only supposed to be "Hey, Ddub you wanna get even with that rich guy that fired you? Here's the address, nobody's home at this time. Go for it."

Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit (bad word, but the gist) to believe he'd set up a robbery, but I could believe that before I could ever believe he imagined it would turn into in the kidnap/extortion/torture/murder part. I still can't believe that was planned by anyone.

Something I am still confused by though, concerning the $40k in cash since it's figuring in with the JW as suspect theory. NG said that was for an auction either at the MA studio or for it? Has it been substantiated that she said that? I'm not doubting that, but am doubting my memory. I was trying to put together a timeline of sorts and remembered that being said. I think it would be extremely odd for her to know about that beforehand and that would influence me. So many conflicting accounts.

It would be some horrible sort of perfect storm if this was all coincidental. People have mentioned the construction company and NG in addition to JW. So many theories we can come up with and I'm sure if I posted some of mine, I'd get in supersize big trouble from many quarters. :/

I think you always take an incredibly reasonable position, regardless of what you do or don't speculate to be true, FYI.
And it's a fair question. As skigirl has said so eloquently, we could be blown out of the water by something really simple that we just don't know yet. We only know a handful of potential participants and so we keep swirling around them. Some people want it to be DW's actions alone and call it a day. (Thank god there is only one crazy person out there.) Others want to probe. I imagine the only way LE even gets to investigating any theory is to first speculate it based on the facts at hand. That's even how science works.

My alarm bells went off at first when I read that NG said that JW had confirmed the scheduled delivery of the $40k for the dojo. (I think those were in the first articles.) But after having seen her on camera (probably more than we should have) it is pretty clear that she is not a masterful communicator. As we can even see on this site, every word can be twisted and left open for interpretation depending on whatever reality you're building in your mind.

In a follow up question (or interview?) NG said she had no idea about the money.

Sorry if this is redundant, because I think I have posted this like three times, but I think it's sound:

IF both NG and JW went to the house upon learning of the fire as they both stated they did. (I think NG was actually on video there and we know JW's car was there) then, REGARDLESS of whether one or both OR NEITHER have any involvement, the only normal thing for two household employees to do would be to talk to each other and exchange the events of the preceding hours. At this time, my guess is that JW would have likely, regardless of his innocence or involvement, told NG that he had, just hours before, delivered a requested drop off of $40k for the dojo to the house.

NG might have likely, in turn, told a reporter that the asst had confirmed with her that he had delivered a scheduled drop off. (True.) Then, when someone followed up with her and said, "So you knew ahead of time about this drop off?" She might have said, "I had no idea about any drop off." (Also true.)

I have gotten the impression from her screen time that she might be very vocal, yet also not clear. A bad combo.

But there is nothing from LE or any media, mainstream or not, to support that idea that says NW says that JW CALLED her to confirm a drop off of anything. If that happened, it would be terrible for both of them, mostly for him because it would speak to a cover. But LE know if any phone call between them happened.

I am still of the mind that just because LE hasn't said it ain't so, doesn't make it ain't so. Anything is possible at this point.

Are you allowed to say what they are? I keep hearing about reg and plate issues. But to be honest, that is my rap sheet too. Not because I am a criminal, but because it is hard to keep up with everything at all times when moving, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAILURE TO ATTACH VEHICLE REGISTRATION PLATES AT FRONT AND REAR 9/10/14. He bought the car in October 2013. It failed MD emissions inspection 1/24/14, 6/18/14 and 2/25/14. Carfax doesn't show emissions inspection passed.

IMO DW did not need JW social media posts to have SS on his radar. He previously worked for him. So did his cousin. SS was a successful man, living in a beautiful home with six luxury cars in the driveway. His lifestyle was no secret.

If they use to be neighbors than i don't know about that. They could have seen each other at a store where jw started showing off the new gig which made dw think hard.

It's just very strange that their paths came together like it did regarding their boss.

But as of now. I don't think jw knew that he was blabbing business to the wrong crowd. Dw knew who to let ss call. He knew too much. But it could have been from mr. S reassuring him that he will get the money since his family is being torchered.

Don't you have to sign papers when moving to this country which states that if i break the law my citizenship will be revoked.

Maybe the government should pay for vf funeral. He wasn't suppose to still be here. Jmo.

I don't believe he DW is a citizen. I think he has a green card.

Their families had apartments adjacent to each other at the same time. To me, that is less likely than lightning striking or winning the lottery that you might find yourself delivering ransom money to your old next door neighbor. But this is a really touchy subject!

You are a magnificent wordsmith in addition to being an admitted scofflaw.

<modsnip>

This means that dw can say or blame whoever and their goose is cooked. A jury will not hesitate to disbelieve someone who is willing to take life with no parole while throwing others under the bus. But since family may be involved; Then jw can rest for now.

I know it was more normal than Israel Keye's horrific childhood. I am sure there were some potential bad things that happened to JW. I am just saying that UNLIKE DW, he has no violent criminal history. He has not repeatedly stabbed people, beaten girlfriends, threatened to slice up an infant or to kill his family.

Unfortunately, a criminal history is not a prerequisite for committing murder. I'd like to think I can tell who is dangerous, but there are too many examples of seemingly normal people doing extraordinarily horrible things. Having no criminal history doesn't take someone off my POI list. I watch too much crime TV to think every killer gives plenty of warning about what they will one day do.

I know it is not a personal attack on me. But thank you for trying to calm the waters. It just feels frustrating to see NG and JW being painted as possibly hiring someone to kill a 10 yr old, based upon such flimsy evidence. It does bother me because JW will have these accusations all over the place when his name is googled.

But I could be totally wrong. Maybe he is a heartless cruel monster that has been able to hide his true darkness all of this time. Who knows?

When/if JW is cleared by LE, people will no longer suspect him (hopefully). But people will know that he lied to LE and behaved unprofessionally while working for SS. That is because of his actions, many taken even before the crime. NG has also shown unseemly behavior in giving so many interviews, some presumably for pay, and creating a fundraising page without follow up so contributors can be sure their money has gone to VF's family. She has also made numerous contradictory statements in these interviews. (If she did the same with LE, they might even call these misstatements lies...)

This forum is for sleuthing. We are only allowed to sleuth 2 1/2 people (ok, 2 really.) Given the limited amount of information and the limited number of suspects, there are bound to be some pretty outrageous theories. That's okay. I do not personally hold any animosity toward any of the POIs, but I also don't feel the need to defend people who, through their actions or not, are at the center of the investigation as we know it. I'm interested in knowing what happened, not being right.

I lose patience with some of the unsubstantiated theories, but instead of getting mad or trying to change someone's mind, I am scrolling and rolling more. Until we have some facts to parse, people can only work with what they've got. I certainly hope JW and NG are not lurking on this forum. Hopefully they have better things to do (unlike me. :) )

If they use to be neighbors than i don't know about that. They could have seen each other at a store where jw started showing off the new gig which made dw think hard.

It's just very strange that their paths came together like it did regarding their boss.

But as of now. I don't think jw knew that he was blabbing business to the wrong crowd. Dw knew who to let ss call. He knew too much. But it could have been from mr. S reassuring him that he will get the money since his family is being torchered.

Total language curiosity, are you saying torchered instead of tortured because we know of the fire?

Five (situationally-normal) luxury cars and one exotic supercar!

If SS tipped his hand about the extent of their wealth, in a place that put his family in danger, I'm going with it being bringing the Mosler to the go-kart track (Or AIW HQ, but wasn't the car purchased after Wint's termination?) I am not faulting SS, but I fear the go-kart track could be the nexus.

Lifestyle spending is something that you have to be in-close to know about.

For example, I don't suppose the SS family posted pics of their jet on SM and called it out as such, even if the girls hopped on it every long weekend their parents and brother lived abroad. Also, you'd have to know them personally to know the girls were at higher-end boarding schools. This isn't first generation, new money. They didn't seem determined to impress. The only showy thing of note is that car, the car that played a part in the lies about the ransom delivery on the day that the bloodbath unfolded.

I don't know why DW would have been aware how wealthy SS was, as compared to the bosses anywhere else he'd ever worked.

Agreed!

1. The Mosler the only S car which JW specifically noted the value of all over social media - twitter, Instagram and facebook.

2. According to JW, the Mosler was the location for money drop off.

THOUGHT: If crew wanted Mosler keys maybe this was cover for JW to unlock the car for them. Kill two birds with one stone - get JW to unlock the car under the guise of SS telling him to put the money there.

3. And it was the Mosler's registration that was found in JW's car.

Total language curiosity, are you saying torchered instead of tortured because we know of the fire?

Tortured.

Sorry my friend. I have been on the site for 18 hrs. With fat fingers. Small keypads. And anti post deprivation. Lol

Auto correct only helps when you pay attention. But 18 hours in; I truly don't mind not editing everything. Lol

Agreed!

1. The Mosler the only S car which JW specifically noted the value of all over social media - twitter, Instagram and facebook.

THOUGHT: If crew wanted Mosler keys maybe this was cover for JW to unlock the car for them. Kill two birds with one stone - get JW to unlock the car under the guise of SS telling him to put the money there.

That car was his pride and joy. And he didn't even own it. Very materialistic thinking on his behalf. He worshipped his bosses lifestyle as it was his own. Jmo

Agreed!

That car was his pride and joy. And he didn't even own it. Very materialistic thinking on his behalf. He worshipped his bosses lifestyle as it was his own. Jmo

Tortured.

Sorry my friend. I have been on the site for 18 hrs. With fat fingers. Small keypads. And anti post deprivation. Lol

Auto correct only helps when you pay attention. But 18 hours in; I truly don't mind not editing everything. Lol

I have been known to write and send/post without wearing my glasses. Sometimes we all need a little more ego.

In D.C. there is a victim's compensation fund that Vera's husband can apply to receive assistance for funeral, lost wages, grief counseling, etc. http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/superior/crimevictim/compcosts.jsf

MyBelle, Interesting info at your link. Thx for providing.

Of ~15 different compensable costs, first category is most likely to be compensable to Mr AB, imo.
- "Funerals: up to $6,000"

Trying to figure out if Mr AB cd collect for these two, which VF (likely, imo) wd/h/gotten if she had survived.
- "Lost wages: not to exceed 52 weeks or $10,000"
- "Mental health counseling: up to $3,000 for adults
..."

ETA: based on form Application For Crime Victims Compensation, IDK if Mr AB wd/be eligible for compensation for 2nd & 3rd categories noted above. Maybe someone else can review & offer opinion?

Dirty rotten shame that Mr AB lost his wife and their retirement years together.

:stop:

It is very obvious family members and friends have been sleuthed away from Websleuths. DO NOT bring it here! It's been said over and over it's against TOS! Stop!

EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion, Don't like a post, Roll and Scroll or alert the post. Remember the Ignore button can be your friend.

Ok, tomorrow is my telework day but I think I am coming in just so I can be WS eyes and ears. The hearing is supposed to start at 2:15. It's going to be very crowded I suppose so I will try to go around 1:30. Also, I don't go to courthouses that much lol so what do I say when I am asked why I am there? Do I just say "i am here to attend a hearing?" Are you asked what relation you are to the parties? Is that even required? Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member