DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd totally get fired if I worked at Facebook and found this site.

omg, the social media activity when Jessica Chambers was murdered! So much criminal activity openly blatted out there WITH PICTURES! Lots of gang stuff, Child Protective Services really really really needs to scroll through there on occasion. There'd be many children removed from their "homes". Yes, I am extremely judgmental where babies, alcohol, drugs, no car seats, etc. are combined IN PICTURES.

rant over.

I wonder if people who work at facebook do their own sleuthing - rich ground there, could be hours of obsession and information.

I heard there are paid apps that will allow you to see that info. WS incorporates that function for us; we can see who most recently viewed our profiles :) I keep wanting to put explanations in my profile for when I offend someone without intent :/

It's a myth! There are no apps you can get to see who sees your profile. FB swears up and down that will never, ever, ever happen, this I know. But it is always being brought up that people always think that. People can stalk away! (However, there is an app where you can see who defriended you.)

U

U.S. marshals stopped them when they were getting ready to turn back toward MD. I think you would turn yourself in to the PD in the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued. JMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing what was up with that convoy. I don't have a horse in this race.

For me, if I found out there was a warrant for my arrest for anything, I'd go to the nearest precinct I could find - peacefully and without fanfare. I don't want to have to lay down on the ground face first, etc. I'm a chicken about lots of things.

But then, we know he wasn't really on his way to turn himself in. *slow wink*

ETA: ooh ooh, just found this! :chicken:

Of course, I just thought that was funny and used it as an example of someone participating in a crime then turning around the trying to claim a reward to turning people in. :D
People in the Chris Dornan Rogue Cop case are suing, too. They had nothing to do with his crimes, of course, but...

Yes, funny - about perps/participants trying to collect. Actually sad as well.

Sorry, in my earlier post for starting a lecture distinguishing the two terms. In fact had to crank up the little grey cells (very little and sometimes feeble, too, LOL) to think about how they differ. Did not mean to offend.
Thanks for raising DC PD reward issue - something I'd like to find more info on.

So many different angles & issues in this case.

Wonder if JW deleting his accounts (personal and "business") will have any effect. I'm guessing when Facebook deletes an account for possible criminal activity, they keep that data for LE. I really have no idea but am curious. Imagine how much great sleuthing we could do if we still had access to all the players' SM!

iirc, we have at WS done the "way back" and found things. Not sure if there is a thread in the jury room of how folks do that, but I recall it has been done on some cases.

Yes, funny - about perps/participants trying to collect. Actually sad as well.

Sorry, in my earlier post for starting a lecture distinguishing the two terms. In fact had to crank up the little grey cells (very little and sometimes feeble, too, LOL) to think about how they differ. Did not mean to offend.
Thanks for raising DC PD reward issue - something I'd like to find more info on.

So many different angles & issues in this case.

Ack! I wasn't offended and you weren't lecturing! I was agreeing with you but it didn't read that way after I posted, lol. I tried to edit my post to say that you were right to point that out because there IS a difference! :) I tried twice to edit my post to say that, but WS wasn't buying it for some reason :( Occasionally I'm not able to edit even when it's less than a minute after posting.

omg, the social media activity when Jessica Chambers was murdered! So much criminal activity openly blatted out there WITH PICTURES! Lots of gang stuff, Child Protective Services really really really needs to scroll through there on occasion. There'd be many children removed from their "homes". Yes, I am extremely judgmental where babies, alcohol, drugs, no car seats, etc. are combined IN PICTURES.

rant over.

I wonder if people who work at facebook do their own sleuthing - rich ground there, could be hours of obsession and information.

... Heather Elvis case here at WS... just saying... has had a lot of "wayback" searches for the POI's on that case. MANY more than TOS allows to post.

Dear Websleuths: please, is there an emoticon with a little foot in it's mouth? I could use that one at least once a day!

A foot with painted toenails. :D

:drumroll:

U

U.S. marshals stopped them when they were getting ready to turn back toward MD. I think you would turn yourself in to the PD in the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued. JMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing what was up with that convoy. I don't have a horse in this race.

The convoy traveled north from the Howard Johnson's about three miles where it did a U-turn. US Marshals continued to follow them after the U-turn while they called a PG County helicopter to maintain surveillance from above. This process took some time and they finally made the vehicle pin maneuver on Rhode Island Ave, between 12th St and 10th St NE in Washington DC, about 4 miles inside the DC city limits.

Dear Websleuths: please, is there an emoticon with a little foot in it's mouth? I could use that one at least once a day!

A foot with painted toenails. :D

:drumroll:

I found this one : foot in mouth: :footinmouth:

I've been trying to think of instances where people have lied to LE, but not been arrested w/o getting too far off track. I think sometimes suspects have girlfriends or boyfriends or significant others give them an alibi, but later (sometimes years) the alibier fesses up to lying about said alibi. Just wondering how often charges are brought against those type of liars.

I heard there are paid apps that will allow you to see that info. WS incorporates that function for us; we can see who most recently viewed our profiles :) I keep wanting to put explanations in my profile for when I offend someone without intent :/

lol, just looked at mine. 687 have peeked! You nosy :websleuther:folks lol

I do know that I will peek at a WS profile prior to asking them as a "friend". . One person asked me why I "friend" folks. Many times, it's due to I want to follow cases/trials that the other poster is, and they are a great poster. This also allows that I can do "one click" and see all* friends* latest posts to keep me up to date as it is a one click view to see all the posts, over many cases, of* friends* in one screen.

Anywhoooooo... I'm keeping up on threads for this case for sure.

I have saved a few things from early early in the case in screen shots perhaps for later as so so many cases, the msm links done early in a case are "dead" after some time (e.g. years) within msm. ACandyRose was the BEST BEST for the Caylee case (I'm sure Tricia would agree, ACandyRose has now retired but still a member here).

Some folks do "wayback" or screen shots which are not allowed now as they involve folks not yet a POI, yet they may keep them for later to post once a perp has been identified and is allowed to be spoken about. :tyou: to those that are!

Anyhow... keep on doing screen caps/capturing links that will be within TOS to share later!

The convoy traveled north from the Howard Johnson's about three miles where it did a U-turn. US Marshals continued to follow them after the U-turn while they called a PG County helicopter to maintain surveillance from above. This process took some time and they finally made the vehicle pin maneuver on Rhode Island Ave, between 12th St and 10th St NE in Washington DC, about 4 miles inside the DC city limits.

Interesting! And so odd! Really, really stupid of DW to steal those cell phones too. 13 days until the 20th :waiting:

Just found this - http://robbreport.com/paid-issue/car-year-2013-steering-committee

The Robb Report wanted SS's opinion on cars up for 2013 Car of the Year. Makes me mad that JW would post on social media that SS wanted "a real race car driver's opinion" of his Mosler. SS could have asked several true race car drivers. JW was delusional. SS was everything he wished he could be. There definitely seems like a lot of emotional / psychological motive with JW.

Maryland Attorney - he may be on board of SS's trust. Many multi-million dollar homes are owned by family trusts. he likely assisted SS with the legal side of the construction project that "Bill who of course" was behind on the project was managing. Sad that this project would've given the S family a new and likely safer entry at the garage door.

He would be a Trustee of the Trust which is for the benefit of the S and family. Usually you have at least two trustees so that if something happens to one, there is someone who can administer the trust in the interim. You, the beneficiary can be one of them in most kinds of trusts that hold assets like homes, and there are benefits to having someone like a lawyer or a financial advisor as a trustee, especially if the trust was funded by someone in a previous generation and there are conditions that have to be met. If the trust is funded by someone in a previous generation, sometimes there will even be a third trustee if there are concerns that you will do something stupid with the money so you can be outvoted, or if there are several siblings and there needs to be some sort of tiebreaker in the case of disagreement about the assets, their management, withdrawals from the trust, etc. :) But if it's one you set up for yourself, there would be no need for that.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it appears the SS's family is the personal representative of their Wills and Trusts.. Couldn't figure out the screen shot. Enter the last name and you can see the record.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for info on trusts and Mr. Sacks, the attorney.

As I was perusing around I was curious as to the history of what would later become the SS home. In the late 1920's, when built, it seems like it started as a 2 - story apartment
building in its early days. I thought that was interesting.

If walls could speak, I wonder what they would tell LE about those 2 horrible days in May.

IMO I think DW was going for way more money, lots more. I mentioned on a previous thread I thought it was mentioned that in the flurry of calls SS was trying to get huge amounts of money wire transfered. It appears no one answered my post and I would think someone else might recall too. The police were checking paperwork, credit cards, multiple accounts, and took hundreds of pieces of evidence from the home including from what appeared to be an upstairs office..

I agree with you that people kill for way less, but feel that to DW he had to"settle" for 40K as that is all SS could get that quickly. I think his ultimate goal was always murder but that he thought he could get millions. My opinion only.

There was nothing reported in msm about SS trying to arrange a wire transfer of a large amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke