DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent several hours of my life researching the kinds of theft prevention systems typically installed on super cars since this horrible bloodbath happened, because the car features in the last few hours of the crime in ways that are totally f-ing BIZARRE.

I have seen that two factor access modes are pretty common.

I haven't seen any logging systems that tie a specific event to a unique key. The onboard electrical system seems to be pretty cool and possibly does event logging of access attempts. That would not require anything sophisticated. I have not found anything that describes the logging.

I've been retired for a couple of years, and may be out of practice at describing technical things in plain English. I hope this is 100% readable.

That's some bad@$s research!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was assuming the Herschel backpack was the red lined bag. It can't be the red bag. If there was a red bag, then there must still be a bag missing. That red bag could be anything from a bank bag to a duffel bag. It doesn't have to fit in a manila envelope, but it could. I can't wait until the prelim.

The red bag missing in my ever-humble-opinion, MUST be the one LE listed on the SW. They were looking for a red bag. "Used to transport US currency." That is only one bag. A bank bag. They want to know what happened to it. Because they know it exists. Because they saw it in a text photo sent by JW. See? One bag. One red bag. One red bag used to transport US currency. A bank bag.

How many shots was that? Are you still standing, skigirl?

I don't think the backpack was red-lined. It was a black Herschel backpack. People on here tried to figure out if that could be the money bag in the text. I think what police were searching for in the SW for DW's Ford is the thing to focus on. It states "Red Bag used to transport US currency." That is a bank bag. I think the wording (red lined bag) in the original affidavit for JW was unfortunate. I think the text photo he sent was only of the interior of the bank bag. It was red. No way to know if the outside was also red, so the officer writing the affidavit said "red lined" to be super-accurate.

And off we went. :)

The Herschel back pack is definitely red lined, as all Herschel bags are red lined. But that doesn't mean the back pack is THE red bag that the accountant put the money in OR the red lined bag that JW took a photo of the money in. I was hoping the backpack was at least one of the bags.

How are you feeling Skigirl? :spit::spit::spit::spit:

But JW said specifically that the red bag belonged to him. Why would JW own a red bank bag? Usually businesses have bank bags, not individuals. Wonder if Autobahn uses red bank bags. If SS gave JW a bank bag for some reason (which I doubt) it would be SS' bank bag, not JW's. And as someone else said, if JW was under the impression that he was going to pick up a package, not cash, why would he take a bank bag? It would have to be a pretty small package to fit in a bank bag. I think a duffel bag or even a backpack makes more sense. Although, honestly, I don't know why JW would need to take a bag at all to pick up a package. He could just carry it out to his car.

I think there is only one red bag. A "Red Bag used to transport US currency" that was listed as an item to search for in Wint's Ford. I don't think LE was ever looking for anything else. They FOUND a black Herschel backpack in JW's BMW. If that was the item they were looking for, why were they still searching for it (a "Red Bag used to transport US currency") when they picked Wint up? I know the SW on JW's BMW was not executed until a few days after it was granted. But I don't think the black backpack is in any way related to the "Red Bag" they were trying to locate. I think the "Red Bag" was just a bank currency zipper pouch. Red. Text from inside the bag showed all red. Ergo, "red lined" - because how would you know if the outside of the bag was the same color if the text photo didn't show it?

But JW said specifically that the red bag belonged to him. Why would JW own a red bank bag? Usually businesses have bank bags, not individuals. Wonder if Autobahn uses red bank bags. If SS gave JW a bank bag for some reason (which I doubt) it would be SS' bank bag, not JW's. And as someone else said, if JW was under the impression that he was going to pick up a package, not cash, why would he take a bank bag? It would have to be a pretty small package to fit in a bank bag. I think a duffel bag or even a backpack makes more sense. Although, honestly, I don't know why JW would need to take a bag at all to pick up a package. He could just carry it out to his car.

Of course JW would say the red bag belonged to him. IF that red bag is found tied to him in any way, he would need an explanation. Four bundles of hundred dollar bills wouldn't be all that big.

JMO

I'm not convinced the red bag used to transport currency means a bank bag. I think LE means they're looking for the red bag that was used to transport the ransom money. When they searched JW's car, they were looking for a red lined bag. A week later when they applied for the SW for the convoy vehicles, they were looking for a red bag. That makes me think that the red lined back pack could have been the red lined bag, but after finding that bag, they were still looking for another bag - the red bag. Otherwise, if red bag and red lined bag are interchangeable, the back pack must not be the bag they were looking for. JMO
IIRC wasn't JW's finale account of the money transfer to the LE's, was that he put the red bag in the "red car" and COVERED it with the manilla envelope? Does anybody else remember this detail?

I'm not convinced the red bag used to transport currency means a bank bag. I think LE means they're looking for the red bag that was used to transport the ransom money. When they searched JW's car, they were looking for a red lined bag. A week later when they applied for the SW for the convoy vehicles, they were looking for a red bag. That makes me think that the red lined back pack could have been the red lined bag, but after finding that bag, they were still looking for another bag - the red bag. Otherwise, if red bag and red lined bag are interchangeable, the back pack must not be the bag they were looking for. JMO

I think LE would gladly just shoot all of us if they had to read our discussions. :) What we need is information.

I think the wording of the original JW affidavit "red lined" (no hyphen) was by a man. A policeman. A policeman/detective taking statements, and trying to be spot-on accurate with what he wrote down. It was, quite frankly, a dubious wording. So when I read that the SW for Wint's Ford said "Red Bag used to transport US currency" it suddenly made sense. To me. That is not to say it would make sense to anyone else. But the SW's are mostly all we have to go on, and it explained a confusing issue very succinctly. I believe they are looking for the bag in JW's text photo. It's a red bank bag, IMO, using the SW wording.

<modsnip>

Ok... I have no idea what to think. But that won't stop me from writing at great length; it's a gift, I know.

First, I agree that the "red bag used to transport US currency" doesn't have to be a bank bag. I think it could be any bag in the world that was red, that also had contained money that was being moved from one place to another. Not to say that LE didn't mean a bank bag, but I don't think from reading what was written it's possible to know what was intended. I doubt whoever wrote that ever dreamed that it would spawn hours of debate.

Second, I still think the lies are bizarre. Once LE saw a picture of the money in a red bag, JW had to explain where a red bag came from. I guess that's why the change in story from a manilla envelope to a red bag. But why specifically say that he took the money from the red bag and put it in a manilla envelope after taking the picture? Why not just say, "oh, yeah, I put the red bag (that was mine) in the Mosler, figuring that SS could give it back to me later." Was the purpose of the story about switching to a manilla envelope to cover up his earlier lie about the manilla envelope and make it seem sort of true, like he just got confused because a manilla envelope was involved somehow at some point? Was it that he kept the money that was in the bag and had already put it someplace but was afraid they would execute a SW and find the red bag in the picture?

Bag. Bag. BAG. Skigirl, is this shots of - tequila? Scotch? Inquiring minds want to know.

Scotch
:tipsy::puke::oddsmiley::cautionDrunk:
:toast:

(I'm not even to the end of the smilies list)

IIRC wasn't JW's finale account of the money transfer to the LE's, was that he put the red bag in the "red car" and COVERED it with the manilla envelope? Does anybody else remember this detail?

I never read that. Perhaps MSM said that, but it's not in any of the SW or other docs released by LE.

W-1 admitted that IT had lied when lT stated the money was in a manila envelope when lT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

From the affidavit in the charging docs for DW. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0sbjtcn1j6vkpz/266278174-Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents.pdf?dl=0

The red bag missing in my ever-humble-opinion, MUST be the one LE listed on the SW. They were looking for a red bag. "Used to transport US currency." That is only one bag. A bank bag. They want to know what happened to it. Because they know it exists. Because they saw it in a text photo sent by JW. See? One bag. One red bag. One red bag used to transport US currency. A bank bag.

How many shots was that? Are you still standing, skigirl?

I find it odd how the warrant actually says "red bag used to transport currency". The DW warrant was written the day after JW car was searched and yet LE is still looking for a "red bag used to transport currency"?

Ok... I have no idea what to think. But that won't stop me from writing at great length; it's a gift, I know.

First, I agree that the "red bag used to transport US currency" doesn't have to be a bank bag. I think it could be any bag in the world that was red, that also had contained money that was being moved from one place to another. Not to say that LE didn't mean a bank bag, but I don't think from reading what was written it's possible to know what was intended. I doubt whoever wrote that ever dreamed that it would spawn hours of debate.

Second, I still think the lies are bizarre. Once LE saw a picture of the money in a red bag, JW had to explain where a red bag came from. I guess that's why the change in story from a manilla envelope to a red bag. But why specifically say that he took the money from the red bag and put it in a manilla envelope after taking the picture? Why not just say, "oh, yeah, I put the red bag (that was mine) in the Mosler, figuring that SS could give it back to me later." Was the purpose of the story about switching to a manilla envelope to cover up his earlier lie about the manilla envelope and make it seem sort of true, like he just got confused because a manilla envelope was involved somehow at some point? Was it that he kept the money that was in the bag and had already put it someplace but was afraid they would execute a SW and find the red bag in the picture?

I think the truth is a combination of some of the lies. I think the accountant gave JW the money in a manila envelope. JW opened it and took ETA: the money out of the manila envelope, put it in his red lined bag and took a photo of some of the money. Then he had to get a new manila envelope so that if SS was expecting the "package" to be in a manila envelope, JW wouldn't get in trouble for opening the package and playing with the money. If he took one bundle out of the wrapper, I don't know how he thought he was going to get away with that. This would of course be if JW was completely ignorant of what was going on at the S house. IDK. The lies really don't make sense.

I think the truth is a combination of some of the lies. I think the accountant gave JW the money in a manila envelope. JW opened it and took a photo of some of the money. Then he had to get a new manila envelope so that if SS was expecting the "package" to be in a manila envelope, JW wouldn't get in trouble for opening the package and playing with the money. If he took one bundle out of the wrapper, I don't know how he thought he was going to get away with that. This would of course be if JW was completely ignorant of what was going on at the S house. IDK. The lies really don't make sense.

Photo was of $20k in JW's own red bag though....

I think the 'red lined bag' is a simple, practical, and very common bank bag that is vinyl on the outside and cloth lined on the inside as these photos show:
Zipper Wallet Bag
Size: 11W x 6H
http://www.netbankstore.com/p/EXPV116.html
walletbag_lv_07_14_100x100.jpg

walletbag_lv_07_11_100x100.jpg

walletbag_lv_07_12_100x100.jpg

Excerpt from AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF AN ARREST WARRANT - Page 5 of 8:
Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which stated IT received a text from W- I on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

I find it odd how the warrant actually says "red bag used to transport currency". The DW warrant was written the day after JW car was searched and yet LE is still looking for a "red bag used to transport currency"?

BBM. I think it says that because that's how the accountant described it.

Thank you for the link. After a quick scan, it appears that the Sandy Spring kids are already breaking the rules set forth for teams. One of the 6 kids on the SSFS team attends Patterson HS. I think using the word varsity in the title is confusing. I assumed it meant this was a varsity sport, but it's just marketing, and frankly probably meant to confuse the activity with a varsity sport.

This leagues is open to both private and public school students, the only requirements being that they field a team of at least 2 drivers, these teams must represent the school the students attend, and the teams must have an adult Team Manager at all of the events..
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/resgitration/ *Note: yes, registration is spelled wrong in the menu

I think the 'red lined bag' is a simple, practical, and very common bank bag that is vinyl on the outside and cloth lined on the inside as these photos show:
Zipper Wallet Bag
Size: 11W x 6H
http://www.netbankstore.com/p/EXPV116.html
walletbag_lv_07_14_100x100.jpg

walletbag_lv_07_11_100x100.jpg

walletbag_lv_07_12_100x100.jpg

Excerpt from AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF AN ARREST WARRANT - Page 5 of 8:
Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which stated IT received a text from W- I on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

Those bags aren't lined - it's just the reverse side of the vinyl, per normal bank bags. So you think LE meant to say a lined red bag, not a red lined bag? Eats, shoots and leaves.

Photo was of $20k in JW's own red bag though....

Yeah, I know. :shakehead: I'm trying to keep an open mind and look at all the possibilities. I guess I'm not doing a very good job. :)

Thank you for the link. After a quick scan, it appears that the Sandy Spring kids are already breaking the rules set forth for teams. One of the 6 kids on the SSFS team attends Patterson HS. I think using the word varsity in the title is confusing. I assumed it meant this was a varsity sport, but it's just marketing, and frankly probably meant to confuse the activity with a varsity sport

This leagues is open to both private and public school students, the only requirements being that they field a team of at least 2 drivers, these teams must represent the school the students attend, and the teams must have an adult Team Manager at all of the events..
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/resgitration/ *Note: yes, registration is spelled wrong in the menu

"This leagues is open."

I'm betting the adult Team Manager doesn't include any English teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcbell