DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, assuming the closures coincided with where there was tape. It doesn't seem like that large an area; given that for serious fires there are usually a number of fire trucks and ancillary vehicles, plus law enforcement and EMTs, plus lookey-loos and press, I'm sort of surprised that he would have been able to park within that area over an hour after the fire started.

Also, there was construction work already going on (I think on Garfield) which would have reduced the amount of parking nearby, rush hour parking restrictions on some streets (Cleveland, but not until 4:00) one side parking on several of the streets (including Woodland), etc. It was already not an ideal situation to find parking that day, so the addition of the fire/LE equipment vehicles would have made it even more difficult. Looking at the parking signs on google maps reminded me that there are signs posted all over the neighborhood warning that the neighborhood is patrolled by private security. Who would break into a house in the middle of the day in this neighborhood?! Crazy! I guess LE has already looked into the guy/gal on patrol that day/night/day. I know whenever I have my locks changed, I feel like I want to have them changed again so the locksmith doesn't have a key copy. Sometimes people who work in security seem to have knowledge accrued from the other side of the coin, to mix my metaphors. Remember the guy who was selling home alarm systems and was raping women in the neighborhood to boost sales?!

BBM

I actually tend to give Wallace a break for alarms not going off in his head about the drop of $40,000 in the car. He had only worked for Mr. S for 6 weeks. The accountant - yes, I wonder about that person for sure.

It's the housekeeper of 20 years whom I'm having a hard time giving a break in this case. She's working with the boss at the dojo. He gets a call from his wife and says Amy is going out so he's leaving to go home. Same housekeeper later gets a voicemail from Mr. S telling her that Amy is sick and that she needs to call Vera's husband because Vera won't be coming home that night and that Vera's phone is dead and they don't have a charger to fit Vera's phone. I'm suspicious of her because:

1. She didn't listen to the voicemail until the next day (even if she didn't plan on returning the call and even though it was after 9 p.m. why wouldn't she at least listen to it that night???).

2. She didn't call Vera's husband after she received the voicemail. Maybe she didn't know Vera's husband's phone #. I don't know.

3. Why didn't she call Mr. S's mother when she couldn't reach Amy or Vera by phone when she heard that instead of "going out" the night before, Amy was "sick"? Mr. S's mother called Nellie when she heard about the house fire to make sure Nellie was okay. She probably cleaned their house too.

I think the assistant is just goofy. The accountant and housekeeper - not so much.

Great Post.... I remember when this story first broke that after hearing NG someone said to watch NG that something was "not right". That may have been a comment on MSM article.

Something just seems off there to me. I believe JW is innocent, and always have. But am not so convinced NG doesn't know more than what she is saying.

She knew the S family' every move probably regarding their schedule. She was with them for two decades. (I wonder if this can be verified) She was also VF boss' and employer, so had to pay her I would think, so should have all her contact info i.e. husband's phone number as an emergency contact at least.

I could not find any info about NG owning a company.

Also suspicious she did not answer her phone or check messages. I would think she employs others, too, wouldn't you be "on call" in a sense if you owned a business, a business that might have daily schedules to update. ????

Also when SS called her he mentioned he was calling because VF's phone was dead and they did not have a charger.

Correct me if I am mistaken but wasn't the first call she made to Vera (Vera with the dead phone) ..... this makes no sense, to me.

Opinion only.

He's not a suspect in this case. He's a witness who is going to be called to testify for the State, which is why the defense was attacking him Monday.

The prosecutor realizes this and had the detective testify that although he initially didn't tell all he knew he had fully cooperated after that and his story had been verified

Link to "Mr. Inside" who put the family in mortal danger?

The lead detective and U.S. Atty Bach said the man is not a suspect in this case

Could there be a Ms. Inside that leaked info?? IMHO.

We would have to start a ******** page for that amount of $.

I will buy Page 16 ..... where do I send the money?

I just could not resist. I have been at this screen too long trying to catch up to you all, and I am getting punchy.

Made you laugh!!!

She knew the S family' every move probably regarding their schedule.

That's not true, IMO. I think she likes attention, likes to talk and has a hard time keeping her stories straight resulting in numerous contradictions. There was a VM from AS to NG only a week before the murders in which NG finds out for the very first time that SS was opening a studio. She referred to Phillip as "the little boy". Just seems impersonal to me.

Also when SS called her he mentioned he was calling because VF's phone was dead and they did not have a charger.

Correct me if I am mistaken but wasn't the first call she made to Vera (Vera with the dead phone) ..... this makes no sense, to me.

Opinion only.

I'm not sure who she called first but she may have thought VF had been able to charge her phone by then. If it had been me, I'd certainly have checked whether that was the case.

If you search for woodland fire dc on Twitter, it brings up lots of relevant tweets from around the time of the fire. There are few totally irrelevant ones from more recent days, but it doesn't take long to get back to May 14/15.

By 6:35pm on the 14th, it was confirmed that 3 adults and 1 child were dead:

@NbcWashFan nbcwashington "RT MeaganNBCDC: BREAKING: DC Police Chief confirming 4 victims in deadly house fire on Woodland Drive. 3 adults, 1 child. Fi…

https://twitter.com/NbcWashFan/status/598979922980397058

And also on the night of the 14th, they were already looking for the Porsche:

@WUSA9 Anyone who has seen 2008 blue Porsche 911 with DK2418 DC tags is asked to call police. Related to fire, 4 dead http://on.wusa9.com/1PIYiKi

https://twitter.com/trixywh/status/598979421429628928

A picture of the street around 4pm:

https://twitter.com/AlySeidel/status/598941341175967744

I am mostly including these last 2 to show there may have been some uncertainty about who was alive who wasn't, and who may have been there. I'm not trying to imply there was actual confusion in the PD or FD, but maybe some mixed information was getting out.

While this guy doesn't seem very closely tied to the DC are or the case, he was tweeting out just after 2pm on the 14th that rescue operations were under way.

https://twitter.com/BreakingNewzman/status/598913646740242433

Same with this account- stating that 3 civilians were rescued:

https://twitter.com/CMassFireWBFD31/status/598917219641360384

I couldn't find much on the DC Fire twitter account besides this one:

https://twitter.com/dcfireems/status/598912164859117568

Well, to be fair, since you have to go into the courthouse to order the transcript in person, you are actually paying for the eye-rolling, huffing, foot-stomping and generally bad attitude that comes with requesting anything from the DC government. So you're not just paying for the copies, you're paying for the show. Oh, and you'll need to pay for parking and if you overstay the meter, that's another $25.

RKF this made my night!!! I really needed the endorphin's going. I wish I lived in DC ... I'd go myself.

The first two photos are at the intersection of 32nd and Cleveland, the second one further down the street toward the S house (on the right behind the firetruck). The last two are at the intersection of Woodland and Garfield (S house is further down on the left past firetruck). The first photo (breaking news) must have been some time after the trucks, etc., left - for one thing they know how many people, ages and gender of the victims which was not released immediately. Wish we knew when these last three photos were taken. Would be interesting to see how long the equipment stayed on the scene. And when they expanded the crime scene all the way down Garfield to 34th (next street down). How quickly does a barrier go up for a fire that's not a crime scene? How quickly does it go up after it's determined there is a crime scene? If possible evidence, like a bloody glove or a suspicious vehicle is found further away, do they automatically expand the crime scene to include that area, putting it within the tape? Or would it be taped off as a separate area? I'm really curious why the scene stretched all the way to 34th St. on one end and 31st Pl. on the other, especially when they were allowing people to be as close as we saw in the original fire video. Attached the map again so people can see where Facundo's photos were taken.
View attachment 78611

Happy Dance! :loveyou: :happydance: :blowkiss:

I can't do the entire transcript, but I will definitely contribute if a campaign of some sort is organized *cough cough*

:D

Hahaha. I sent the transcript request via Fed Ex today. Again, we won't get ours until the U.S. attorney gets theirs first.......the court reporter said they paid about $800 bucks for theirs. I paid $139..50 because she estimated it was 155 pages. If there are more pages than she estimates, I have to pay the difference before she releases it. lol, I own a copy store so even at .90 for black/white copies is off the hook! But......I would give blood for that transcript!

Just to clarify, she stated there were only about 5 pages that remained sealed and believes those transcripts are "bench" conversations.....whatever that means.

The transcripts will be forwarded electronically......so as I get ith, you shall receive ith. [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. I thought I remember seeing a box of green vests to the right of the garage. Maybe the person who wore it originally for construction or remodel is the person's whose DNA is on it, as the 3rd DNA.

SS could be blood evidence or JUST SS moving the box/tray in the garage imho.

I've never seen anyone wear a green/yellow vest for a domestic remodeling job; not saying it's impossible, but it sounds weird to me. I've only seen those at road work sites.

Before you assume yes, note those are the times of the announcement. They may not coincide with when the tapes actually were put up. The tapes may have already been in place by the time of the announcement.

I see the times, but the firefighters responded to the fire around 1:30. So, I am wondering if any announcements/tweets on road closures were made before 3:02. Trying to figure out how quickly roads were closed and/or inaccessible to cars after the fire started. It's possible they didn't start tweeting out the road closures until much later than the roads were closed/impassible. If there were earlier tweets, I wanted to add those closures to the map.

Okay I have been wondering about that lawn crew. No matter what time they were there on Thursday wouldn't they have wondered why the dogs (were there 2 or 3 dogs) outside?

That would have been another "red flag" that was missed inho.

Hahaha. I sent the transcript request via Fed Ex today. Again, we won't get ours until the U.S. attorney gets theirs first.......the court reporter said they paid about $800 bucks for theirs. I paid $139..50 because she estimated it was 155 pages. If there are more pages than she estimates, I have to pay the difference before she releases it. lol, I own a copy store so even at .90 for black/white copies is off the hook! But......I would give blood for that transcript!

Just to clarify, she stated there were only about 5 pages that remained sealed and believes those transcripts are "bench" conversations.....whatever that means.

The transcripts will be forwarded electronically......so as I get ith, you shall receive ith. [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

You are so awesome.

:blowkiss::loveyou::takeabow::tyou::yourock::cupcake::rockon::websleuther::heartluv::heartbeat::crush::thewave::propeller::toastred::toast::genie::hypno::grouphug::applause:

I see the times, but the firefighters responded to the fire around 1:30. So, I am wondering if any announcements/tweets on road closures were made before 3:02. Trying to figure out how quickly roads were closed and/or inaccessible to cars after the fire started. It's possible they didn't start tweeting out the road closures until much later than the roads were closed/impassible. If there were earlier tweets, I wanted to add those closures to the map.

I'm pretty sure that was the first one -- the one at 3:02. Here's the link:http://seven.tweettunnel.com/reverse3.php?ga=0&b=y&id=285198536&pn=24

I don't think there's a way for @DCPoliceDept to control deletion of tweets through this site.

Oh, yeah, and don't bench discussions go into the transcript? I don't know what the law is, but it seems to me that it's possible that that's what is sealed. Interested to hear from any lawyers in the house.

You are exactly right. The court reporter stated she believes the "unsealed" pages are "bench" conversations. What does that mean? Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member