DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking about it, maybe DW did work on the house as a part of some remodeling crew. That would actually go a long way to explain some of the strange details of the crime, such as how someone knew to disable the security cameras, etc.
As for DW and SS being friends, I find the very idea preposterous.
They are not in the same circle. I think DW's family members hope to explain DW's DNA by claiming he and SS were friends.

After thinking about it, maybe DW did work on the house as a part of some remodeling crew. That would actually go a long way to explain some of the strange details of the crime, such as how someone knew to disable the security cameras, etc.
As for DW and SS being friends, I find the very idea preposterous.
They are not in the same circle. I think DW's family members home to explain DW's DNA by claiming he and SS were friends.
If so, than there'll be a paper trail of some sort. But, no, I don't see SS being friends with DW. No way.

If so, than there'll be a paper trail of some sort. But, no, I don't see SS being friends with DW. No way.
friends do call each other and other people generally know about it. i am content to wait and see what develops without being prejudical.

friends do call each other and other people generally know about it. i am content to wait and see what develops without being prejudical.

It's just common sense. How likely for a married rich guy to be "friends' with an mostly unemployed immigrant with a criminal record? I don't believe DW even have a car, while SS was clearly into cars and had a number of them. What could they possibly have in common? I think there is a reason for "friends" claim.
Is DW's defense going to be that he just stopped by to have some pizza in the middle of the night to explain his DNA?
In the beginning we were speculating that perp (or perps) worked on the house or landscape. Maybe it is true? Maybe DW did some work around the house or inside the house?
If DW did work on the house (or the yard) I am just surprised it hasn't come out earlier.

I wonder if there was a connection between DW and the contractor we know only by his first name, B___, who was doing the work on the Chantilly dojo. When Amy left the VM for NG asking for help cleaning (http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html), she said that the project was being done by B___, and was, "of course, down to the wire..." That has always made me think that Amy and NG both had a great deal of experience with B, Mr. Behind Schedule, due to his work at the Savopoulos home. Otherwise, Amy would have said something vaguer, like, "the contractor is VERY BEHIND SCHEDULE" or at least would have mentioned the contractor's company or last name. But he is referred to simply by his first name and it's obvious that Amy thinks that NG will know exactly who he is.

If DW had done, or was doing, work for Mr. Behind Schedule, perhaps DW heard something that gave him the idea of invading the S home. I've always felt that there must have been some catalyzing event that caused DW to think, "Self, invading that house, as opposed to dozens just like it, and trying to get some cash from that family, seems like a good idea right about now."

speaking of phone mess and text, i know this will sound krazy to many but the possibility exists that coded phrases and words are used by " some people."

It's just common sense. How likely for a married rich guy to be "friends' with an mostly unemployed immigrant with a criminal record? I don't believe DW even have a car, while SS was clearly into cars and had a number of them. What could they possibly have in common? I think there is a reason for "friends" claim.
Is DW's defense going to be that he just stopped by to have some pizza in the middle of the night to explain his DNA?
In the beginning we were speculating that perp (or perps) worked on the house or landscape. Maybe it is true? Maybe DW did some work around the house or inside the house?
If DW did work on the house (or the yard) I am just surprised it hasn't come out earlier.

Seeing how Savvas is the son of immigrants and married an "Army brat" wife, I don't exactly think he's a stuffy class conscious person or else he would have married someone else plus he has an interest in welding. Also Wint's criminal record didn't start until after his employment with Savopoulos, which things like that could have been a reason for a falling out rather than a reason for him not have been friends in the first place as he was an employee who had no criminal record at the time the alleged friendship happened.

Seeing how Savvas is the son of immigrants and married an "Army brat" wife, I don't exactly think he's a stuffy class conscious person or else he would have married someone else plus he has an interest in welding. Also Wint's criminal record didn't start until after his employment with Savopoulos, which things like that could have been a reason for a falling out rather than a reason for him not have been friends in the first place as he was an employee who had no criminal record at the time the alleged friendship happened.

I am not saying that SS wouldn't have had friends from all walks of life, but I think that there is a difference between hanging out with and being friendly with people at work, and having friends that you call on in times of trouble, share the ups and downs of life with, plan outings with, have over for cookouts, etc. It isn't impossible, but it just seems sort of hard to believe from what we know of Wint that the two of them had enough to talk about to be the latter type of friends.

One of the search warrants that I read said that Wint was not working in the house and had no legitimate reason to have DNA in the house. Perhaps something has come to light in the meantime, but at least at the time that the search warrants were executed, investigators believed that Wint's DNA would only have one reason to be in the house. Now that I am thinking about it, the fact that Wint's DNA wasn't found in many places inside does seem to suggest that he hadn't socialized or worked inside the house on any remodeling projects in a very long time, if ever. Wonder if his DNA was present at the martial arts studio.

I am not saying that SS wouldn't have had friends from all walks of life, but I think that there is a difference between hanging out with and being friendly with people at work, and having friends that you call on in times of trouble, share the ups and downs of life with, plan outings with, have over for cookouts, etc. It isn't impossible, but it just seems sort of hard to believe from what we know of Wint that the two of them had enough to talk about to be the latter type of friends.

One of the search warrants that I read said that Wint was not working in the house and had no legitimate reason to have DNA in the house. Perhaps something has come to light in the meantime, but at least at the time that the search warrants were executed, investigators believed that Wint's DNA would only have one reason to be in the house. Now that I am thinking about it, the fact that Wint's DNA wasn't found in many places inside does seem to suggest that he hadn't socialized or worked inside the house on any remodeling projects in a very long time, if ever. Wonder if his DNA was present at the martial arts studio.

My reading of it, if what is said is true is that I'd say he was more of an acquaintance, which is a lesser type of friend who you aren't necessarily getting into the details of your personal life with and any number of things, but they aren't just around you because you're paying them by the hour and the acquaintance relationship may have been why Wint was hired to do odd jobs around the house (if that in fact happened) as opposed to hiring someone else. With how it was described if there was some falling out due to Wint's criminal issues, he might not have been there for nearly a decade, which the last time he's described as being socially friendly with Savvas is back in 2005, which happens to be the year Wint started to get his criminal record.

IMO, SS and DW being "friends", is an obvious defence strategy, in an attemp to put DW in the home sharing pizza and wearing the green vest while helping SS around the home. One time.... SS accidentally slammed his finger with a hammer and some blood must've dripped on DW' shoes.;)

So now we know what the defence for DW will be..."He wasn't even at the home on 13-14 of May 2015". IMO, the prosecution will
EASILY squash this lame attempt to put DW in the home. It's laughable, JMO.

IMO, SS and DW being "friends", is an obvious defence strategy, in an attemp to put DW in the home sharing pizza and wearing the green vest while helping SS around the home. One time.... SS accidentally slammed his finger with a hammer and some blood must've dripped on DW' shoes.;)

So now we know what the defence for DW will be..."He wasn't even at the home on 13-14 of May 2015". IMO, the prosecution will
well, that certainly is one way to look at it. i prefer to not limit my thinking...

To me these statements seem to be statements against ones' own interest as it turns DW away from being a generic ex low level employee to someone who would have some personal familiarity with the house, which especially if he had worked on the house he would be some degree of an insider information. This makes it easier for home to pull this off alone or with help as it wouldn't be his first time on the premises.

To me these statements seem to be statements against ones' own interest as it turns DW away from being a generic ex low level employee to someone who would have some personal familiarity with the house, which especially if he had worked on the house he would be some degree of an insider information. This makes it easier for home to pull this off alone or with help as it wouldn't be his first time on the premises.

I'm doing some pretty major work that has involved at least 15 people or more over the last few months. Many of them now know not only the layout of the house and where it may be easy to enter, but they also know our habits and schedule, our travel schedules, whether or not the dogs are a threat, the code to the lockbox, where some of our valuables are likely to be found, and some people involved even know what bank and account the checks are coming from. I doubt there is any better way to scout out a family and case out a house than to work in it.

I'm doing some pretty major work that has involved at least 15 people or more over the last few months. Many of them now know not only the layout of the house and where it may be easy to enter, but they also know our habits and schedule, our travel schedules, whether or not the dogs are a threat, the code to the lockbox, where some of our valuables are likely to be found, and some people involved even know what bank and account the checks are coming from. I doubt there is any better way to scout out a family and case out a house than to work in it.

Yeah... I guess this is why many of us suspected JW as being the inside man.

i hear ya,
i think it pays to find a well established " family" company that pays well, but there are no guarantees. you c an always switch things up or have a plan to change things around. in any event i would never personally trust any keypad type of alarm or garage door system or cameras they are " deterents" and thats all they are.

WOW!! Just reading that gave me chills. No judgement whatsoever, but please, PLEASE change this! At a minimum, change the lockbox code once a week, take valuables to safety deposit box outside of your home, and do regular 'pop-ups' when workers are not expecting you. This will at least let them know that there's nothing in the house worth stealing, no assurance that the lockbox code is always the same, and no sense of comfort that they know when you are coming and going. If work restricts this, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to come by and 'feed the dogs', 'check the mail', etc. It's a cold world out there and working in the cj field, it ceases to amaze me how little it takes for a person to commit criminal acts against others. Please take into consideration what I am suggesting! Also, thank you for your incredible input on this forum.

WOW!! Just reading that gave me chills. No judgement whatsoever, but please, PLEASE change this! At a minimum, change the lockbox code once a week, take valuables to safety deposit box outside of your home, and do regular 'pop-ups' when workers are not expecting you. This will at least let them know that there's nothing in the house worth stealing, no assurance that the lockbox code is always the same, and no sense of comfort that they know when you are coming and going. If work restricts this, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to come by and 'feed the dogs', 'check the mail', etc. It's a cold world out there and working in the cj field, it ceases to amaze me how little it takes for a person to commit criminal acts against others. Please take into consideration what I am suggesting! Also, thank you for your incredible input on this forum.

Thanks MSCJgrad for the concern and the compliment.

New article claims that SS and Daron Wint met at American Iron works and were friends. It goes on to say that DW did work on the Savopoulos house:

http://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...-murders-why-hasnt-anyone-else-been-arrested/

Gosh, I can imagine how terrible it must be for the SS family to read the above article.
DW heinously slaughterers the SS family after holding them hostage, for a lousy 40 grand, and Now per DW' defense, DW was friends with SS? I'm always amazed at defense attorneys and the lies and storytelling they come up with to try and get the guilty off... think Casey Anthony. The defense has to somehow put DW in the home, because the DNA cannot be explained away, so.. They come up with DW previously working at the SS home? And ... I'm betting that SS payed DW cash. *cough cough*

The above article (IMO) also manipulates the public... by tellingly us how kind and big hearted SS was, I don't have a doubt of that, but he was no fool, he wouldn't have let DW around his family. IIRC, didn't DW have a hard time getting along with fellow work mates before he was fired from SS' iron works company?

it certainly is one thing to make wild statements or claims before a case has gone before a jury but convincing a jury is a whole different thing isn't it? Wints lawyers have a habit of this sort of thing but so does any decent defence attorney when its a well known case. Really, the only way wint has any chance and i mean any chance of getting parole someday is if he rolls over on the others and somehow the jury doesnt think he was the killer but an accomplice.

it certainly is one thing to make wild statements or claims before a case has gone before a jury but convincing a jury is a whole different thing isn't it? Wints lawyers have a habit of this sort of thing but so does any decent defence attorney when its a well known case. Really, the only way wint has any chance and i mean any chance of getting parole someday is if he rolls over on the others and somehow the jury doesnt think he was the killer but an accomplice.

True, having the death penalty is a great bargaining tool (IMO) for a plea bargains, to bad DC doesn't have this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina