DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This had a lot of information I hadn't heard before. Of course most of it is speculative - and the housekeeper's opinion. However, one thing that stood out is she believes Amy had been distracted for a couple weeks prior to the killings (did she know they were in trouble?). Also, Vera (housekeeper who was killed) told Nelly that she had seen men watching the house. Finally, I didn't know this - Savvas took Amy's car to the dojo that day, so it looked like he was home when Wint allegedly went into their house.

Hello all... I’m still follies g this case and I’m current on the podcast. My thoughts. Something is up with nelly. Not sure what. Darren’s sister seems so sweet but she really could just not know the bad side of her brother. I still don’t think Darren acted alone. And where is JW?

Hello all... I’m still follies g this case and I’m current on the podcast. My thoughts. Something is up with nelly. Not sure what. Darren’s sister seems so sweet but she really could just not know the bad side of her brother. I still don’t think Darren acted alone. And where is JW?

I don't have a bad feeling about Nelly. I listened to the podcast as well. I do find it interesting nobody in the S family or Vera's family has contact with her anymore. Especially the daughters. If she was with the family 20 yrs, she'd be a close family member. Maybe you're on to something tho.

I don't have a bad feeling about Nelly. I listened to the podcast as well. I do find it interesting nobody in the S family or Vera's family has contact with her anymore. Especially the daughters. If she was with the family 20 yrs, she'd be a close family member. Maybe you're on to something tho.

That's what stood out to me. Like you said, you would think she would at least keep contact to see how they are doing. Something is up.

That's what stood out to me. Like you said, you would think she would at least keep contact to see how they are doing. Something is up.

I'm guessing the families are not happy that Gutierrez has given media interviews. I would probably feel that way if I was in their shoes.

Wonder why Wint cant keep an attorney. He has a new attorney. I don’t have any lawyer friends but does anyone think that the attorneys are dropping wint? Maybe he’s not being truthful?

Wonder why Wint cant keep an attorney. He has a new attorney. I don’t have any lawyer friends but does anyone think that the attorneys are dropping wint? Maybe he’s not being truthful?

I believe it's a strategy to delay!

The Mansion Murders podcast and the DC Fox affiliate have reported that Katerina Savopoulos filed a year-long restraining order against her grandfather in September

http://www.ctpost.com/news/media/MANSION-MURDERS-New-restraining-order-filed-by-1150872.php
https://audioboom.com/channel/MansionMurders

'Just reading your post, my initial thought regarding the restraining order was that was PS was trying to get his hands on inheritance, but after watching the news report... it seems that's not all he was trying to get his hands on. :mad:

Thanks for the info and links!

'Just reading your post, my initial thought regarding the restraining order was that was PS was trying to get his hands on inheritance, but after watching the news report... it seems that's not all he was trying to get his hands on. :mad:

Thanks for the info and links!

Whoa. Did not expect a development like this. Disappointing and shocking.

Like the lawyer on the video linked above said - "Bizarre" seems to be the norm in this case.

I think about the daughters from time to time and always hope they are healing from their loss. Sad to think the road to recovery has this added difficulty.

jmo

I've decided it might be worthwhile to review old posts/threads. And, I'm wondering if there's any possibility Tricia would reconsider this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...aron-Wint-Arrested-12&p=11834294#post11834294

However, it doesn't seem current enough to be relevant... does it???

I think that we are going to find out that there's more to this case than meets the eye. I don't think that the business was making enough money to support the lifestyle that we see depicted in pictures and stories. The lawsuit has some financials that are instructive, if I recall.

I know this has been mentioned before, but worth mentioning again: the Mansion Murders podcasts are interesting to listen to.

I was GLUED to this case on WS as it happened and unfolded, and I learned new information from listening to the podcasts. I admit I didn't listen to Episode 1 as I didn't want to re-live the details of the crime, but I listened to the others.

I know this has been mentioned before, but worth mentioning again: the Mansion Murders podcasts are interesting to listen to.

I was GLUED to this case on WS as it happened and unfolded, and I learned new information from listening to the podcasts. I admit I didn't listen to Episode 1 as I didn't want to re-live the details of the crime, but I listened to the others.

I have one more episode to go. I was glued when it happened also but needed the podcasts to refresh my memory. I think she is diligent in her reporting (interviewing a Dominos pizza employee) and speaks very professionally. (Meaning... the podcast world has quite a wide range of quality when it comes to presentation).

Shout out to whoever linked this podcast series upthread. [emoji41]

I joined Websleuths because of this case and followed along every detail. It’s haunted me since. I’ll have to listen to the podcast since you’ve all spoken highly of it. Thank you.

This Restraining Order has my head spinning! Were the girls living with the paternal grandparents after the murders? Is this when the alleged sexual attacks occurred?

There had to be significant information given to the judge to obtain this order. Even with the order checked "other", could it be something other than sexual? What proof is there that this is a fact?

My thoughts are that grandpa was trying to get her inheritance from her by any means, threatening her, having her followed and scaring her etc. Literally driving her crazy!

This poor child has been through enough without her own grandfather turning on her too! Are any aunts or uncles in the area that can be their guardians?

Before listening to this Episode 7, I didn't understand why they hadn't been to trial yet. Now I realize there is so much unknown, hidden, and there are many facts that don't match as of this date. It surely was a hired hit or gang or mafia involved murder for facts to be so buried!

I hope someone has the safety concerns of these girls is in charge of watching over them. What about their own wills? Perhaps this needs to be looked into as Grandfather may have helped write them / oversaw how they divided things up. Oops, bad news from what we are hearing.

My opinions only.

Thanks for turning us onto the podcast ITD! Just linked to it. Going to start listening today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1