GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I see wrong is the guy with the white bucket, walking away from the burnt Porsche, has a close cropped hair cut. He does not have dreadlocks and is not Daron Wint. IMO. Who is he?

How do we know if that guy has anything to do with the Porsche? Was he seen in it or getting out of the car? If all we have is testimony or video of him walking away from the burning car it could be anyone who happened to be there who just wanted to get away from a burning car before it exploded.

Damaging evidence against Wint from his brother-in-law. Daron asked for his help to burn the blue minivan.

Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial[/QUOTwow
Damaging evidence against Wint from his brother-in-law. Daron asked for his help to burn the blue minivan.

Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial

Even though I have kept up with true crime for almost 4 decades now I continue to be amazed at the things some murder defendant's do.

I just can't even begin to imagine anyone calling a family member or even a friend and asking them to come help them to commit a felony. A felony that could land them in prison for years.

But it has happened just like it has happened in this case.

Thank goodness his brother in law declined and did the right thing. Imo all of his family members knew he was bad news even before this happened. I don't believe his brother in law believed his story for one second. Imo he knew if Wint was involved it was bad.

It certainly shows he will use anyone to cover for himself.

Imo none of his family members meant anything to him. Their only purpose to him was to be used as pawns. He is the knd of murderer who will throw anyone under the bus if he thinks it will let him escape his own evil culpability..

Murderers like him often place blame on those who were not involved. Its always about them and to them they are the only one who matters.

They dont care who they blame or hurt nor if they are harmed by their false dangerous claims. Not even those who may love them like family members often do..no matter what.. They don't care if the people they blame were the ones who were there for them in the past to lend a helping hand when no one else would.

Nope..none of that matters to evil people like DW. They will do anything they feel necessary to hide the truth about who they really are and the horrendous demonic acts they have done.

I can feel lady justice beginning to stand and the SS ..family and precious Vera will get the justice they all so richly deserve

Imo

Last edited:
Imo none of his family members meant anything to him. Their only purpose to him was to be used as pawns. He is the knd of murderer who will throw anyone under the bus if he thinks it will let him escape his own evil culpability..

Imo

Seriously! Brings to mind “Steffon Wint” listed as an alias on DW’s wanted poster - presumably DW tried to dodge blame for some past infraction by showing SW’s ID. What a beast. JMO

Last week the prosecutor stated they’d be through around Oct 4...

Has the ME testifiesd yet?

I think that is enough time to call the other brother. Usually the state calls it's best witnesses last. Do you think the defense will put on a Cic?

From the link:

"The brother-in-law of the Maryland man charged with killing four people inside a D.C. mansion in May 2015 testified Daron Wint called him the day after the killings and sought his help setting his van on fire.

Derek 'Godfrey' Ayling, 47, handed over to prosecutors Facebook call and chat logs detailing conversations he had with Wint around the time of the killings. During an 11:16 p.m. call on May 15, 2015 — one day after the bodies of three members of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper were discovered inside their burning Woodley Park mansion — Ayling said Wint asked him for a favor.

'What kind of favor do you want me to do for you at 11 o'clock at night. I'm trying to go to bed,' Ayling testified he told Wint.

Wint said he needed help burning his blue Ford Windstar minivan."

And more from Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial

"The phone call about burning the van wasn't the only encounter Ayling had with Wint on the day after the killings. Earlier that evening, Ayling testified he saw Wint working out at the New Carrollton gym they both frequented. Wint pulled out a wad of cash — $1,200 in $100 bills. Ayling said Wint, who was not employed at that time, said he had won the lottery."

Is it just me or are others feeling the same way?

So far in this trial there has been little new information. After three years of waiting, I thought we would hear a few tidbits that would tie pieces together better.

I anticipated an exciting trial. It appears that most of it has been over Daron Wint’ s brothers - were they involved or not.

The one thing I see wrong is the guy with the white bucket, walking away from the burnt Porsche, has a close cropped hair cut. He does not have dreadlocks and is not Daron Wint. IMO. Who is he?
I think there has a been a lot of new information. This case consumed me three years ago (too much, really). I thought I knew a lot about the case, but plenty has been presented in court that we didn't know when the case first broke.

However, it's hard to piece it all together....and it seems like we still won't know what really happened in that house. I think the prosecutor is making a case that DW was there and should be convicted, but I don't think the prosecutor will be able to give a complete timeline of what went down or even how it all happened. That is frustrating and seems "unfinished." (Not blaming the prosecutor - there is no way to know all the details without a confession.)

jmo

“Wint said he needed help burning his blue Ford Windstar minivan. He said he had sideswiped another vehicle and he thought the police were looking for his van. He wanted Ayling to drive with him somewhere to set the van on fire, the brother-in-law testified.”

What a stupid explanation for burning your own car. DW really wanted help with it if he resorted to that MOO I don’t get why it has to be a 2-man job ? And if he had a co-conspirator at the house, why couldn’t that guy help burn his car?

D. wints "fiance" Vanessa Hayles testimony on WTOP, Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial
is pretty damning. She said he messaged her a picture of two iphones asking if they could be traced!?!

"Hayles [finance] said Wint, who was visiting her house in New York City at the time, appeared shocked after his photo appeared on the news. He immediately jumped up to call his father, she said, and then left her house with his phone. When he came back, the couple decided to spend the night in a hotel; Wint was concerned about the police showing up at her house, she said."

“Wint also messaged Hayles a receipt from the office a Greenbelt, Maryland, immigration attorney showing he had paid the attorney $1,100 in cash. At the time of the killings, Wint, who was born in Guyana in South America, had an expired Green Card.”

That’s the first time I’ve seen expired green card confirmed

And more from Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial

"The phone call about burning the van wasn't the only encounter Ayling had with Wint on the day after the killings. Earlier that evening, Ayling testified he saw Wint working out at the New Carrollton gym they both frequented. Wint pulled out a wad of cash — $1,200 in $100 bills. Ayling said Wint, who was not employed at that time, said he had won the lottery."

He had just gruesomely overkilled 4 innocent victims yet he goes to the gym to workout.

I think this speaks volumes about DW..

Mansion Murders Trial: Former fiance, brother-in-law of suspect Daron Wint speak before the jury
UPDATED: OCT 02 2018 06:31PM EDT
[...]
While clutching tissues, Hayles says they then left and checked into a hotel that Wint paid for in cash. She told the court that's when she saw a red stain on his hoodie and asked him about it. Hayles says Wint told her he tripped while running from the police and cut himself.

The next day she took him to a taxi stand so he could catch a ride back to Maryland.

Hayles was asked if he ever confessed to her? She said no.
[...]
Additionally, a woman who was one of three women who were in the car with Wint when police arrested him on Rhode Island Avenue on May 21, 2015, spoke before the jury.

Chelsea Nunes said she did not know Daron Wint, who had told her that day that his name was Jason and kept his sweatshirt hood up.

She said that the day of Wint's arrest, she had been recruited by Wint's brother Darrell to go into stores and purchase money orders with cash, which they were planning to use to hire a lawyer.

“On the evening of may 20th, they were watching the news at Hayles' New York home, when suddenly they saw Wint's picture flash on the screen. Hayles says she jumped out of bed and Wint looked shocked.

He asked for her phone and called his father. A detective got on the line and told him there was a warrant for his arrest.”

Mansion Murders Trial: Former fiance, brother-in-law of suspect Daron Wint speak before the jury

Wow... so Chelsea Nunes was “recruited” by DarrW to purchase the money orders, so they could hire an attorney? Did I read that correctly?
Why did DW and DarrW need an attorney?

Immigration atty or defense attorney?

JMO

Thanks for posting @taylorss !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics