DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news said he was in NYC, and I'm sure he knew they were there, so what better place to go than where they think you're not? Back to DC. I think he even tried to outsmart them by giving phone to gf, but they still tracked him down with whatever replacement phone he was using.

LOL I would almost bet he called the GF with the new phone. Probably used a burner thinking they couldn't trace or track a burner. Surprise!

It looks like a park or maybe a golf course and the bldg we can see is clubhouse? There are also a couple parks in close proximity to house

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I did a little research on the truck company- it seems as though the mobile service centers (like this truck) are for businesses with a fleet of trucks or that use trucks for work- think: penske trucks. So these mobile service center trucks go make repairs on the fly wherever they are needed. It's like a service that a business with trucks would use to do mechanic work.

So my thought on the truck- why it's there: one of the people worked for them and was a mobile service tech.

If you google "amerit trucks + washington, dc" on page three I found an interesting thing- a job was posted for a mobile service tech three days ago. Is it possible this was Wint's employer? Or one of the people with him?

That is the only logical person I can think of that they would have this truck. All the boxes inside appear to be either a tool chest (like craftsman style with drawers) or boxes of parts for repair - it is possible those boxes contained his stuff (personal affects) - and he planned on taking off - and his current job was convenient..

This being his job would also explain the bright yellow vests- if he had to make repairs on the side of a highway it would be likely that the techs would have neon safety vests

If Wint's employer is Home Depot, they do rent Penske trucks.

Here's what we seem to know(corrections appreciated.)

He was happy at his former job but subsequently fired.

He is involved in a very expensive sport and planned to attend two pricey events this summer.

Neither SS or his company is listed as a sponsor.

Being Director of Marketing, appearing in ad photos in previous job...becomes driving a rich guy to work and back.

He knows welding.

He likes SS's cars.

DW is apprehended with a truck that is a mobile auto/truck repair service.

He's lied to police about certain key facts.

He dropped off the money but never checked that the boss got it..thereby covering his own derrière.

The last call was from SS phone to him.

All of this could mean NOTHING. And that is a likely possibility. But I ask again, how often in the charging document for a different person, does LE refers to lies by someone completely different? Is that common? I honestly don't know.

I am trying hard to look away from him. A few things may it seem improbable that he was involved. But for some reason I keep coming back and looking at him sideways.

The reasons I do not see him connected--hard to see him being close friends with DW. They do not seem similar in many ways, imo.

And W1 seemed happy to have a job that would allow him to go on these competitions. And a boss that would be enthusiastic about it. They might not have been classified as sponsors, but by stepping up and giving him a job, they were true sponsors.

I do wish, however, that we knew more about why he was fired. I cannot believe it would have been for stealing or something like that, or SS would not have hired him so quickly. Sometimes people get fired for 'political' or strange workplace reasons. So who knows? I wish I did know what got him fired though.

The last call going to him and him not answering---really niggles at me. Like a few of us have said, if we dropped off 40k cash to our boss in a vulnerable place, we would be glued to the phone to make sure he received it. JMO

Plan may have been to pay DW to steal the Mosler.

I like this theory more than any other so far! I was going to say W1 wouldn't even need to tell him how to do it, but W1 would have to be in on plan to get money from SS. Otherwise, where would he get money to pay him?

If Wint's employer is Home Depot, they do rent Penske trucks.

No I mean Amerit. Someone driving this particular truck is a tech employed by Amerit and that's why they drive the mechanics shop on wheels.

I am trying hard to look away from him. A few things may it seem improbable that he was involved. But for some reason I keep coming back and looking at him sideways.

The reasons I do not see him connected--hard to see him being close friends with DW. They do not seem similar in many ways, imo.

And W1 seemed happy to have a job that would allow him to go on these competitions. And a boss that would be enthusiastic about it. They might not have been classified as sponsors, but by stepping up and giving him a job, they were true sponsors.

I do wish, however, that we knew more about why he was fired. I cannot believe it would have been for stealing or something like that, or SS would not have hired him so quickly. Sometimes people get fired for 'political' or strange workplace reasons. So who knows? I wish I did know what got him fired though.

The last call going to him and him not answering---really niggles at me. Like a few of us have said, if we dropped off 40k cash to our boss in a vulnerable place, we would be glued to the phone to make sure he received it. JMO

I wonder if the reality is JW wasn't let go; rather, SS swept him up for his own business. ? One thought...

I have just explained why I am replying to this post, that may have already been replied to...

But LEO has already stated that the assistant was at a hardware store at 11:30 and then in other areas at the time of the fire. He was not involved in setting the house on fire and stealing the Porsche. Y'all can continue to try to put the assistant in places where he is involved, but not in places where LEO has confirmed he wasn't!

LE has NOT confirmed anything other than he lied to them.

JMO

I just got the impression that it was normal for PS to be shouting. Even when she knew they were all dead she never acknowledged his shouting as being out of the ordinary. She said SS sounded tense and she was surprised AS was sick, when she thought she had been due to go out, and it was odd that the other HK was staying the night but she never mentions PS at all.

I know it is normal for pretty much all kids to scream sometimes and it may just be hindsight since we know he was tortured but to me it sounded like a shriek. I did notice as SS was leaving the voice mail at the moment PS was shouting or screaming SS did not miss a beat and his voice did not pause at that point. Had SS been in a normal situation most parents would stop and ask what was wrong or tell him to quiet down since he was on the phone. Of course, SS couldn't do that. I just can't imagine the pressure he was under to try and do what he could to make this monster go away.

I would really like to know where this photo was taken. I feel sure he wouldn't miss the chance to show this car off to a friend (in person) if he had the opportunity. Trying to make out the writing on the sign to the far right. Any ideas?

Hard to say...but he clearly says he went out with the Boss - SS. That SS asked a "real race car driver" to drive it...so likely some race track somewhere?

I just don't see this as being suspicious! Your boss has amazing cars. He is a race car driver. He is getting to drive all of them - and paid for it on top of that!! What a thrill for him! My neighbors when I was in high school had a Porsche. I lived in an upper middle class area, so it wasn't a rarity...but the day they let me drive it to school?? MAN, I was over the moon...and had so much attention! LOL!!! This was long before Social Media, but there were still pictures taken...

I like this theory more than any other so far! I was going to say W1 wouldn't even need to tell him how to do it, but W1 would have to be in on plan to get money from SS. Otherwise, where would he get money to pay him?

If the plan was to steal the Mosler then why leave without it? If the plan was to go back for it, why leave it in the garage which was attached to the house you were burning? Why spend the night, he could have just obtained the keys and been out of there?

Plus if the Mosler was stolen it would have been a really hot potato. You couldn't keep it...... everybody would know it was connected to 4 horrendous murders and someone would turn you in.

To sell it you would need access to a very specialized market. One capable of forging paperwork and getting the vehicle out of the country.

You couldn't even break it down and sell it for parts it would be so hot and so easily identifiable.

Not sure if I can post the link...But it's his first two initals, last name plus "racing.com"

XYZoooooRacing.com

Like that.

This isn't really relevant to the case, but I love how obvious it is that he wrote his own bio. I understand that most people probably do, but it's usually not so noticeable. For example... he wrote "Moving forward, HE began to explore MY interest in speed at age 18..."

The grammar is atrocious throughout the entire bio, in general. It's hard to believe he actually went to UMASS. Now that I think about it, one of my ex-boyfriends played lacrosse for UMASS at Amherst, and they are roughly the same age. Maybe he knew him back in college. Too bad I don't talk to him anymore or I could find out the deets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a welder, I wonder how easy it would be to melt off or remove the VIN numbers and then solder on or even make fake ones. Anyone????

Not hard at all.

We had a rare (but not valuable) foreign car that my soon to be wife had and it needed to be titled in our state.

My dad who was a printer simply made a lead strip with embossed numbers that matched the vin.

Removed the old one, glued down the new one, sprinkled a little dust on it and away we went!

LOL

Not hard at all.

We had a rare (but not valuable) foreign car that my soon to be wife had and it needed to be titled in our state.

My dad who was a printer simply made a lead strip with embossed numbers that matched the vin.

Removed the old one, glued down the new one, sprinkled a little dust on it and away we went!

LOL

Is that legal? LOL!!

And has been mentioned...there are many places that VIN's are located throughout the car.

That was not a Penske truck. It was a specialized mobile Fleet Maintenance box truck.

Yes, and I was replying to a poster who used Penske as an example of a fleet truck it would maintain.

JMO

No I mean Amerit. Someone driving this particular truck is a tech employed by Amerit and that's why they drive the mechanics shop on wheels.

I realize you meant Amerit. My point is that Home Depot rents fleet trucks that could be serviced by Amerit. Wint works at Home Depot. That may be the connection between the two of them. It could also be a connection between Amerit and AIW, which I assumes also has a fleet of trucks.

JMO

Ok, I'll play. Why DC? There are rich people all over the place. Why not take the truck to a place where there wasn't just a high-profile similar crime and where all of LE was not necessarily looking for you?

I agree that it very weird especially given that at the point he came back his picture and name were everywhere. On top of that, his GF had indicated to police that he was on his way back to the district (supposedly to turn himself him which I don't think anyone believes). He had to know that every LE in the area was on high alert.

So it sort of defies logic that he would come back unless he had a very compelling reason. The only thing I can think of is if there was something stashed at a friend's/relative's house. Either other things stolen from the family (jewelery or other valuables) or cash.

But honestly, that doesn't even make much sense to me.

I agree that it very weird especially given that at the point he came back his picture and name were everywhere. On top of that, his GF had indicated to police that he was on his way back to the district (supposedly to turn himself him which I don't think anyone believes). He had to know that every LE in the area was on high alert.

So it sort of defies logic that he would come back unless he had a very compelling reason. The only thing I can think of is if there was something stashed at a friend's/relative's house. Either other things stolen from the family (jewelery or other valuables) or cash.

But honestly, that doesn't even make much sense to me.

Right...because I think something that some have forgotten...they had almost a week to get whatever they might have stashed!! I don't think for one second they would have left anything stashed somewhere for 5 days only to go back for it once he was identified. LOL!!

I want to understand this. Like all y'all!! It is already such a mystery...and a pretty unique crime, in the actions taken before, during and after. Hopefully we will get more information next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member