DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the crazy psycho suddenly wanted MORE money. He may have screamed at SS, 'CALL HIM BACK, have him bring more!'

I think he kept SS hopeful throughout by promising that he would leave when he got the money, and no one would die. But once the $ was dropped, of course, DW was not leaving. Maybe he said, Sorry Dude, I have to do this....and SS was BEGGING and saying WAIT< I WILL CALL AND GET MORE___WAIT~~~~~~~ so sad

If W1 was involved. After he picked the money up from iron works there
Would have been no need for him to drop off at house ( and did he drop it
Off?) plus... It wasn't SS calling at 11:54, it was DDW using SS phone
In a way... It's DDW telling us W1 is involved! And if he took picture with just half and sent to W2 .... Is she involved? When herd about the box truck... I instantly thought "W1" , something must have went wrong at the
House.

Not buying that. Maybe if mr. S showed up in person but over the phone or by proxy? guess we will have to wait and see if any details come out about the money. Btw is that bacon in the pan?

Pork Belly

btw I once had a teller whisper to me to take less then 10,000 to keep the account from being red flagged. just sayin

And I know someone that had their account credited for half a check that the wife cashed without the husbands signature, gotta keep the customer happy you know. Oh and I know someone that got a home loan when their friend found out there was a holdup at "their" bank they made a call and the loan was approved that day. just sayin.

I am not that surprised that W1 is laying low. If he was my son I would urge him to get away from that area and stay in a safe place while things shake out.

From what I read, W-1 is under police protection. Someone on another message board said DW took out his rage on Philip when the money came up short, because W-1 was closest to Philip. Maybe that's why W-1 was crying? LE said someone else was in the house with DW. LE must know that to be fact because of that fingerprint on the bottle. If it was DW's fingerprint the affidavit would have mentioned it. Fingerprints are quicker to ID than DNA.

He really is delusional if he thinks a "the gardener did it" theory would convince police. I think the driver and NG were the masterminds of the crime, not Wint. He was promised $40,000 and got perhaps half that. There is no reasonable, rational or in any way believable explanation for why W-I texted NG a photo of the money. There is a reasonable explanation for SS' multiple calls to the driver: Wint wanted to know where the rest of the money was. When he didn't get any answer to the calls, Wint went on a fiery rampage.

JMO

Woah, maybe it was said already but I'm just catching up- do we know for sure that w1 texted NG the pic of $$? Is NG w2?

W2 is a long time AIW employee. NG is not an AIW employee.

A few thoughts:

If the cash delivery was pre-planned (before Wed PM)/a regular occurrence, and DW heard about it "through the grape vine", wouldn't it have been a lot easier to intercept the driver outside the house on the day of delivery, rather than take a whole family hostage and hold them overnight?

Is it possible that W1's employment was about to come to an end? If he didn't know SS would be killed, he had to know SS would discover the missing money, so he would certainly expect to be fired, if not prosecuted. Taking and texting the photo of the money is really hurting his credibility.

What's with the red bag AND manila envelope? Did SS tell him to bring them? As I've scoured SM searching for "clues", I've noticed a number of people posting photos of artfully arranged cash, often captioned with something like "Money, Power, Respect". If W1 was doing that, it would explain why the band was off one of the stacks. But why put half of it in the red bag? Why wouldn't he just lay it out on the seat of the car? Or photograph ALL of it? If you're looking to wow someone, wouldn't $40K be twice as impressive as $20K, even if you're just having fun and planning to put it all into a manila envelope to complete the delivery? I feel like we only know a few facts about this guy, but all of those point to someone immature and impulsive. I can't imagine there weren't other warning signs that would lead SS to worry about having him around his family.

W1 had a gazillion SM accounts to which he posted photos and video. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the family came across one of these posts of the interiors of their cars and found it immature/unprofessional/possibly dangerous. W1 is the star of every "company"/video/SM post, so finding himself more pit crew/support person for a ten year-old than the center of attention, especially in the "racing community" could bother him. If he already knew he was about to be let go, it would make more sense for him to plan to rob the family, either alone or with someone else's help (DW). Yes, I know this is all conjecture! :blushing:

I think LE is waiting for co-conspirator(s) to lead them to/come back for something big. There's some reason the entourage was driving that rolling garage - it's just not the most convenient/unobtrusive vehicle for a drive down NY Avenue. Is it normal for a crime scene to remain active for as long as the SS house? I realize this is not a "normal" crime, but it seems like a long time to still have techs there and the street blocked off. FWIW, I'm not saying they were heading to the house with the truck. These two observations/presumptions are probably unrelated.

W2 is a long time AIW employee. NG is not an AIW employee.

I don't think W2 is the same as the long term employee.

From the charging docs:
Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which statcd [T received a text from W- I on
Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text
contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag wirh what appeffed to be t\\o bundles of cash, one of which
had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was
interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled (540,000.00) forty thousnnd dollars.

Oh, another thing. I don't think SS would be particularly worried about the reporting requirement for transactions over $10,000. I think rather than a federal reporting issue, it was more likely that he could only withdraw up to a certain amount from each/any account and he (or his employee) withdrew the most he could at one time.

I don't think W2 is the same as the long term employee.

From the charging docs:
Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which statcd [T received a text from W- I on
Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text
contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag wirh what appeffed to be t\\o bundles of cash, one of which
had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was
interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled (540,000.00) forty thousnnd dollars.

Now that I'm reading this paragraph (AGAIN), why is W2 (the person who received the text from W1) a witness while the
"other employee" who was interviewed is not given a W number?

The other employe provided the package to W1, isn't that a witness?

All W2 did was receive a text. What makes that a "witness" when the Other Employee is not one?

Hope I'm making sense and not confusing this all over again.

Anyone else notice this pic where the ATF agent needs the ammonia ampule?

28E757C100000578-3093358-image-a-32_1432326498958.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-spent-1-000-cab-NY-DC-flee-manhunt.html

The smell of burning flesh is nauseating.

The prevailing theory is W-1 kept some of the money. About $20K. That's why DW flew into a rage and killed everyone in the house.

I wouldn't call that a prevailing theory. It's one theory.

Not everyone thinks W1 was involved, based on current facts that have been released.

JMO

Pork Belly

btw I once had a teller whisper to me to take less then 10,000 to keep the account from being red flagged. just sayin

And I know someone that had their account credited for half a check that the wife cashed without the husbands signature, gotta keep the customer happy you know. Oh and I know someone that got a home loan when their friend found out there was a holdup at "their" bank they made a call and the loan was approved that day. just sayin.

The teller could be fired for that. And no, the account is not "red flagged" if you remove more than 10,000. But there will be paperwork filed. It's no big deal if you're not trying to game the system. If you have a SAR filed for suspicious activity, you are flagged big time. And bank will close the account eventually if you continue questionable activity. There is nothing inherently suspicious about withdrawing your own money.

The prevailing theory is W-1 kept some of the money. About $20K. That's why DW flew into a rage and killed everyone in the house.

We have seen nothing to suggest this happened other than speculation on this board.

Two in the car had purchased money orders for him

Two had cashed money orders worth $2500 each

Wint could have paid them a few hundred to purchase money orders and/or cash couple of them FOR HIM

LE observed a wad of hundreds in the box truck door. Maybe that was the $5K? LE also mentioned over $10K in money orders in the box truck. That's approximately $15K. That figure makes sense if W-1 only delivered $20K.

I still want to know what was in that bucket. It seems like such a bulky, awkward thing to carry when trying to lay low and be unnoticed.

Have you ever seen The Wire? Murderers carry their tools around in buckets. In this case, I believe the bucket was used to transport gasoline. LE recovered a similar bucket from this father's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member