DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was misquoted, why do you think LE is taking issue over whether or not the Mosler was locked, if it was inside a garage? I don't see what the big deal is that the car was unlocked if it was in a closed garage.

Because they obviously found it unlocked. Yet for whatever reason, JW said it was.

It isn't a stretch, for me at least, to imagine that the garage was opened to allow for JW to make the delivery...and then closed again. DDW would not want to leave it open while he went out and collected the money.

It makes sense to me. It doesn't to you. It happens.

Well LE certainly knows more about the red bag with money than we do. In the charging docs, it says "...the text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag..."

So that's "photos" - plural. And dialogue.
The dialogue would sure be handy to figure out why he sent it to his gf.

You're right about that. Would love to know the entire dialogue between them that morning.

The posts on this thread are extremely interesting and insightful!

I am very curious as to when and who rented that box truck. It could be that the person who was supposed to bring the box truck to the house didn't and then perhaps whomever was in the house went into a homicidal rage as the plans had been ruined?

Well, not sure the box truck was in play at all during the kidnapping/murder. Only because when the box truck WAS in play was a full week later.

And this isn't the type of truck you rent. It is owned by a company who does Fleet Maintenance. A mobile mechanic, so to speak.

AFAIK, we don't know how/why it was involved...but it makes sense to me that one of those with DDW the night he was arrested worked for the company. But that is pure speculation on my part.

Another thing... I don't see DDW having the wherewithal to unarm the security system

If W1 was involved... There would be know need for him to drop the money at the house. And... He couldn't be so STUPID as to take picture of the money if he really was involved. Right?

Just noting that I am not aware of any independent evidence that corroborates W1's statement that he dropped $40,000 at the house. I think we only know that more than 10,000 was found when DW was arrested. JMO.

Just noting that I am not aware of any independent evidence that corroborates W1's statement that he dropped $40,000 at the house. I think we only know that more than 10,000 was found when DW was arrested. JMO.

If he isn't involved...he delivers the whole $40K. Otherwise, as soon as his boss goes to collect it, he is out of a job and will be arrested for stealing.

If he is involved, why go to the house to drop it off at all? Why not meet DDW somewhere else, so as to not arouse suspicion by bringing yet another person to the house while you have 4 people tied up inside?

Why take pictures and send them to your girlfriend, if you are involved?

It just doesn't make any sense that he takes the picture of "his portion"...and then goes on about his day, knowing that he was involved in dropping off the cash, that others (not just the dead boss) knows he was involved, and that he will IN FACT be questioned eventually by the police. There is no way he is not eventually questioned, since he was intricately involved in the drop off.

Wouldn't he have deleted the picture...told his girlfriend to delete it when he got home with the actual cash??

If he isn't involved...he delivers the whole $40K. Otherwise, as soon as his boss goes to collect it, he is out of a job and will be arrested for stealing.

If he is involved, why go to the house to drop it off at all? Why not meet DDW somewhere else, so as to not arouse suspicion by bringing yet another person to the house while you have 4 people tied up inside?

Why take pictures and send them to your girlfriend, if you are involved?

It just doesn't make any sense that he takes the picture of "his portion"...and then goes on about his day, knowing that he was involved in dropping off the cash, that others (not just the dead boss) knows he was involved, and that he will IN FACT be questioned eventually by the police. There is no way he is not eventually questioned, since he was intricately involved in the drop off.

Wouldn't he have deleted the picture...told his girlfriend to delete it when he got home with the actual cash??

I'm not saying that W1 is involved. But some things he apparently told police were "check-able" and wrong. Hard to understand that.

The posts on this thread are extremely interesting and insightful!

I am very curious as to when and who rented that box truck. It could be that the person who was supposed to bring the box truck to the house didn't and then perhaps whomever was in the house went into a homicidal rage as the plans had been ruined?

The Amerit trucks can't be rented by just anybody. They come with a certified mechanic, literally a mobile garage. Unless the truck was stolen, it would have to be controlled by the mechanic to whom it was assigned, an Amerit employee IIRC.

W1 was instructed to put the cash in a Manila envelope which would be on the seat of the mosler waiting for him

Didn't the charging docs say the mamilla envelope was in JW's car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Amerit trucks can't be rented by just anybody. They come with a certified mechanic, literally a mobile garage. Unless the truck was stolen, it would have to be controlled by the mechanic to whom it was assigned, an Amerit employee IIRC.

So, there were no charges for car theft that we know of

Because they obviously found it unlocked. Yet for whatever reason, JW said it was.

Whether JW left it locked or unlocked shouldn't matter as obviously DW and whoever else is going to be taking the money out of it so it would be unlocked either way. It has to be relevant for some other reason than the final state they found the car lock in as whether it's locked or not DW with the car owner held hostage can get it unlocked.

It isn't a stretch, for me at least, to imagine that the garage was opened to allow for JW to make the delivery...and then closed again. DDW would not want to leave it open while he went out and collected the money.

It makes sense to me. It doesn't to you. It happens.
[modsnip] DW may well have closed the garage door after the drop off as I've not said otherwise and I have no reason to doubt that the garage door was subsequently closed, but there has been nothing saying that JW saw the garage door being closed so that he'd know that the money wasn't left in an unlocked car in an open garage. That is precisely what I was getting at as to why LE made it an issue that he'd leave the money in an unlocked car in an open garage. All that was said in the charging doc was that JW went into the garage and dropped the money off, not that JW left after he saw the garage door close.

I know info gets garbled in translation from witness to LE to MSM but wondering about this early MSM* compared to ChargingDoc

"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document, the assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying.”..." bbm
Q: Is early MSM ref to JW's call onFri. a mistake by LE or reporter?
Charging Doc does not ref JW's Fri. call (not that it would need to).

Q: Who - which "veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone" - did JW call?
If Mr S & if on Fri, after JW knew of deaths why would he call Mr S?
If call was to NG, ref to her as "veteran American Iron Works employee" seems off, imo.
(Azz-uming NG was personal/household staff to fam, not w AIW.)
If not Mr S or NG, was call to other AIW who passed currency to him? Or ?

Q. What is source of LE info? Was it -
- transcribing message from Mr S' cell VM memory which Mr S had no opportunity to delete,
so ^above is accurate as to what JW said on VM or
- from JW's stmt to LE, then may or may not be truthful as to what JW said in VM.

Is "Friday" call simple mistake by LE or reporter? JM2cts re one of many straws in haystack.
__________________________________________________ ____________
early MSM: [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html[/URL]
ChrgDoc: http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Yes. W1 says that he received the cash from another employee's pockets, put the cash in his red bag, drove to the house, put the money in the manila envelope that was in his car, and then put the envelope in the car in the garage. http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents#scribd

Why am I think we still don't have the full story of the money drop??

JMO.

Yep.

From charging docs:
W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr.
Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the
money in the envelope W1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

Whether JW left it locked or unlocked shouldn't matter as obviously DW and whoever else is going to be taking the money out of it so it would be unlocked either way. It has to be relevant for some other reason than the final state they found the car lock in as whether it's locked or not DW with the car own held hostage can get it unlocked.

[modsnip] DW may well have closed the garage door after the drop off as I've not said otherwise and I have no reason to doubt that the garage door was subsequently closed, but there has been nothing saying that JW saw the garage door being closed so that he'd know that the money wasn't left in an unlocked car in an open garage. That is precisely what I was getting at as to why LE made it an issue that he'd leave the money in an unlocked car in an open garage. All that was said in the charging doc was that JW went into the garage and dropped the money off, not that JW left after he saw the garage door close.

This made me think -- maybe the security system tracks when all doors/windows open. If there's no record of the garage door opening, it would mean W1 could have only gone through the house to put the money in the car. And if he'd done that, he might have noticed something fishy going on. Is it possible LE has access to the security log and that's why they're grilling him on these details? Maybe they think he never dropped off the money at the house. ?

You're correct. The charging document says that JW's last version was that SS told him to put the money in the car and that JW put the money inside a manilla envelope that was in JW's car, and then left the envelope on the front seat of SS's car in the garage.

Hi. I have been following along with the posts and I am so confused on the $40.000. My understanding is that they found $10,000 in cash and over $10,000 in money orders in the truck. Two of the girls in the truck were given $2,500 each. Plus he spent $1,000 on his uber ride. That's $26,000. How can $20,000 be missing, or what am i misunderstanding?
Also, It was mentioned that maybe DW mad SS use speakerphone when he was talking on it. It is possible that on one of the first phone calls coming in and an exployee mentioned something about the $40,000 being arranged for the next day. This could be why DW held the family and HK overnight. I just don't think there was a plan to stay overnight, but plans changed.
IMO ibelieve DW was hired to get rid of the family, and that he saw the $40,000 as a bonus.

Well LE certainly knows more about the red bag with money than we do. In the charging docs, it says "...the text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag..."

So that's "photos" - plural. And dialogue.
The dialogue would sure be handy to figure out why he sent it to his gf.

Interesting. I just thought of a legit reason for the photo of the money.

I kept thinking of how uncomfortable I would be if my employer called me and told me to pick up some money, then to drop off the money in a car at their home. Esp. if it was a fairly new employer and/or if this was something new.

Could he have taken photos to show yes he picked the money, that he put the money in the car. Could he have been trying to cover his rear? Then sent the photos to the gf trying to get a 'witness'.

Though I still haven't figured out why he wouldn't have told LE about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke