DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if the HK told investigators that the Mosler keys were always kept in a certain place inside the house. If that was the case and he said the door was locked and had to locate the keys, he would have to be in the house to get them.

So, the suspect couldn't possibly take these keys and put them in a garage?

We can all learn from this to better monitor the actions of those around us. Maybe we should all have a higher bar for those we hire, become friends with, etc.

It's a shame to have to feel that way, but in the age of social media it's necessary. A blabbermouth was bad enough pre-Internet, but the problems a blabbermouth can create increase tremendously with the Internet.

For example, I do not post photos of the interior of our home on social media because I value my privacy and also do not want information about my home online. So I have backed away from associating with someone whom we invited to a party who decided it was his business to document the party. He put an album of photos on social media and then linked to my social media -- all without asking permission. To me, this person has shown he is not trustworthy. He has no sense of boundaries or of repercussions that could result from his actions. So I will not invite him to a party again.

I also feel the same way about some of the people associated with SS. They showed little concern with protecting people's privacy and so could have made them vulnerable to predators ...

I feel none of us have privacy anymore.

I don't want to "tear down" anything but get to the truth, which is what I hope everyone wants. It's not a competition.

Anyway, at first I was blown away by the addresses of the apartments. But, then, when I looked at them online, I see that they are sprawling complexes. It's likely that you could live years in the complex and never encounter others who also live there.

Maybe there is a connection at the apartment, but maybe not.

JMO at the moment, willing to keep an open mind.

But, if "self-employed" residents of the complex are there frequently, they MIGHT notice extremely expensive cars showing up now and then. I doubt renters there drive the kind of cars that SS owned.

Now maybe I'm wrong...but that sure would be a conversation starter between neighbors.
Or not..

I keep scrolling through the posts looking for an LE release. Sure love those threads that have a "Media Page". I don't know about you, but I am dying to see the "red bag". After a while, the little things start to stand out as we try to make sense of these horrific types of crimes.

We are supposed to send update requests to the moderator to make sure the evidence is strong enough to add it to the chart. Where did WTTG hear it was the girlfriend? I'm still not sure that is accurate. Did they hear it from NG? It's not in charging documents.

That's cool. We should wait for verification and the word "apparently" in the article is not verification. Thanks for the reply, and I agree it's best to wait for true confirmation.

Calling the AIW employee that he got the money from, to commiserate over the fact that they were involved in the ransom demand...and didn't pick up on it?? Nope. Not a stretch to me what-so-ever.

Some people cry at a drop of a hat.
So I don't find it strange somebody would cry if their boss was murdered. Even if that somebody didn't work there for a long time.

The affidavit states W-1 watched the employee enter the bank. To me that means W-1 stayed in the parking lot and did not enter the bank himself. The employee brought the money out of the bank in his pockets, which makes sense rather than carry 4 stacks in his hands. The employee then handed the cash to W-1 who put the money in a red bag. He then drove to the residence and placed the money in a manilla envelope that was already inside the vehicle. This is stated clearly in the affidavit.

That would make sense, but the doc says they both entered the bank and W1 watched the employee enter into a transaction with the bank manager.

W-l and the other employee responded to the Bank of America located in Hyattsville, Md. W1 and the other
employee walked into the bank at which time W-l watched the other employee enter into a transaction with the
bank manager.
At the end of the transaction W- l witnessed the bank manager give the other employee a manila
envelope which contained currency (now knorvn to your affiant to be $40,000.00). W1 stated the other
employee gave him the envelope and W1 drove to **** Wo****** Drive, Northwest. Washington, D.C.

According to the CD, he then changed his story to: W1 admitted that IT had lied when lT
stated the money was in a manila envelope when IT received the money from the other employee.
W1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W1. W1 then drove to Mr. S' house
and called Mr. S ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr.
S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the
money in the envelope W1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

But if someone murdered your daughter's boss and she brought the ransom money to the killer and lied about it to the police--and it was discovered that the killer was her noisy neighbor or the noisy neighbors' neighbor, you bet people would wonder about a connection between the neighbors and not write it off as coincidence.

Her statements are so strange. She contradicts herself 180 degrees, and even the things she says don't make sense - sometimes they moved it under the bed so PS wouldn't find it? Because under the bed, where a child could chase a ball for one of the dogs, or otherwise come upon it, is so much safer than the master bedroom closet?!
...?

I found that strange too. If you are concerned your child could get the gun, I would think the last place you would want to put it is under the bed. Because it would be easy for a child to get the gun from under the bed. You would get a locked safe to store the gun, not stick it under the bed.

But, if "self-employed" residents of the complex are there frequently, they MIGHT notice extremely expensive cars showing up now and then. I doubt renters there drive the kind of cars that SS owned.

Now maybe I'm wrong...but that sure would be a conversation starter between neighbors.
Or not..

I am not sure that JW ever drove SS's cars to that apt complex.

She knew they "sometimes" kept the gun under the bed. And chose to reveal that in MSM.

Not sure what creeps me out more.

dont worry. im sure in a few days she'll do ANOTHER interview where she will claim she neve said THAT, either.

So, the suspect couldn't possibly take these keys and put them in a garage?

Absolutely they could, but thinking outside the box since nobody really knows what happened... IF W1 was indeed involved and didn't even think about the car being locked/unlocked and the keys were inside...he told the investigators it was locked at first....if the keys were kept inside at all times then that would mean that if he did in fact retrieve the keys (like he first told investigators based on the charging docs) he would have to go inside to get them because that is where they were kept...which puts him in the crime scene...

Just trying to think of how/why the "lying" by W1 to investigators and what it all means to the investigation...as I said, just a thought...just like everyone else...

I am not sure that JW ever drove SS's cars to that apt complex.

Me either. But it is a possibility. If the theory that he is crying over his love for this family...is a possibility...then the theory that he was showing off these cars during his off hours can be a theory too.

Who knows...

Absolutely they could, but thinking outside the box since nobody really knows what happened... IF W1 was indeed involved and didn't even think about the car being locked/unlocked and the keys were inside...he told the investigators it was locked at first....if the keys were kept inside at all times then that would mean that if he did in fact retrieve the keys (like he first told investigators based on the charging docs) he would have to go inside to get them because that is where they were kept...which puts him in the crime scene...

Just trying to think of how/why the "lying" by W1 to investigators and what it all means to the investigation...as I said, just a thought...just like everyone else...

But I cannot believe that SS and DW would allow for that. Why would they ask him to put it in the car if it were locked up? Why would they want him to have to come in for a key?

Yes, anyone paying attention to this case knows that VG has made contradictory statements. Some might even call them lies.

But what I find interesting and potentially very significant...is that VG was never subjected to "witness-shaming" in the charging document, was she?

Only W-1 has been singled out and his discrepancies called "lies" in some instances. Now why would that be, if all other information is equal? Why would the contradictions of one witness be made high profile and brought to the attention of media, family, and those following the case? Why would inconsistencies of another be ignored?

Why just W-1.singled out for witness-shaming?

If it's not because of significant and relevant reasons, why else would it be? VG's different tales have not been woven into the narrative of the charging doc.

The witness-shaming of W-1 has some significance of importance. IMO

Yes, it does. There was no need to mention W-1 at all. I think it was done because W-1 is a suspect in the extortion plot.

JMO

I googled the Bank of America and SS's business. Google says they are 12 minutes apart. Yet W-1 had to accompany the other employee, according to "instructions."

I'd like to see this all on a map. Now maybe the Bank is closer to SS's house.

But maybe not.

I don't know which BOA... One is about 1000 feet away. It appears BOA branches don't open until 9 am, which doesn't preclude the bank manager meeting the employee before regular opening time. bank of america - Google Maps.jpg

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/556a329a185b50-29106937

Me either. But it is a possibility. If the theory that he is crying over his love for this family...is a possibility...then the theory that he was showing off these cars during his off hours can be a theory too.

Who knows...

We know that he spent time woth the little boy and that they shared a love for racing and he coached him and went to his races. It is not too far a stretch to think he would be sad that the boy was burned alive.

We have no evidence that he was living at that address. Only that his father lived there at some points. So it is a stretch to think he ever drove his boss's expensive cars there and an even bigger stretch to think he met DW there. Didnt DW's Dad have a restraining order out on his son for awhile? How often was he over there seeing his father?

d
This is exactly the kind of timeline I've been searching for and it hasn't shown up until my search two minutes ago. Grrrrrr. Why does this happen - it's been published for over a week, but never showed up in all my searches using the same text. Anywhoo. Sorry if it's been posted before, but oh well. I'd love to see it fleshed out with more detail that we now know after the Witness interviews. Still waiting for AIW employee #1's interview document. Why JW's and his GF's, but no others? I'm a visual person and I need to see things laid out like this.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/timeline-slaying-wealthy-family-washington-31212189

MAY 14

Morning — At some point, Figueroa's husband, Bernardo Alfaro, goes to the house and knocks on the door, but no one answers. While there, Alfaro told WJLA-TV that Savvas Savopoulos called his cellphone and told him that Amy had gone to the hospital and Figueroa had accompanied her.

"My feeling was that somebody was inside," Alfaro said. He continued trying to call his wife and got no answer.

9:30 a.m. — Gutierrez receives a text message from Amy Savopoulos' cellphone saying "I am making sure you do not come today." Gutierrez says she calls Amy Savopoulos immediately, but the call goes to voicemail. She texts her and doesn't get a response.

10:30 a.m. — The family's 2008 blue Porsche 911 is last seen at the home, D.C. police Chief Cathy Lanier said. Later in the day, it is found torched in a parking lot in New Carrollton, Maryland, about 13 miles from the Savopoulos house.

1:30 p.m. — D.C. Fire and EMS responds to a call for a fire on Woodland Drive and find the bodies inside the home. They immediately suspect someone may have intentionally set the house on fire.

Maybe it's the last sighting of the car that leads the police to suspect more than one person is involved. If the car was driven off someplace at 10:30 AM and not returned to the house (something we don't know either way but perhaps the police do), it would have to have been by someone other than the person who set the fire at 1ish.

I wonder why the long delay between the money drop and the fire. Someone had to be doing something during that time. A murder can be committed in a matter of minutes. I wonder what else was happening.

Yes, it does. There was no need to mention W-1 at all. I think it was done because W-1 is a suspect in the extortion plot.

JMO

Of course they had to mention him. He was the one who brought the money to the home. They had to prove the money got there. And that it was no longer there. That does not mean they suspect the money was NEVER there - just that DDW took it. Therefore, proving kidnapping for ransom before murder. Felony Murder.

All the details might be super important to LE, but a witness might not realize how important it is.
There are three discrepancies (when W1 first heard from SS, what was the money in, and whether car was locked or unlocked).
I am not sure why LE put into affidavit that witness lied. Possibly, they suspected W1 before DW's DNA results came back. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the behind, because presumably W1 will have to testify at trial.

But why does the witness have to know how important something is to LE to tell the truth the first time? If my employer and his family and another employee had just been tortured, murdered and set on fire, you wouldn't have to impress upon me how important it was to remember what happened and convey that information truthfully and directly. This is not a social media post, where most people won't know the veracity of one's bio or stories. It's a criminal investigation! He's not a 14 year-old boy, he's a 28 year-old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member