DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent seen anything but respect for the daughters and other family members here.......im not sure unless some posts were deleted?

or unless we are counting NG or JW as 'family?" :(

I don't want to think JW is guilty either! From all we know about him, he seemed like a happy young man with a beautiful smile. I just have one problem, why did he tell LE that he tangibly unlocked the car with a key he retrieved from inside garage? He then said car was unlocked, and he locked it after he deposited the $$$ then closed the garage door. We just need more info.... If the key was indeed accessible from the garage and he had access to it, then I can believe he might have made a mistake.... However, if ithe key is either locked in safe and he does not have combination, or in the house, then JW
made a serious flaw in his story.

For some reason, my instincts tell me he's innocent, and there's an explanation. I sure hope so... He doesn't seem like a monster.

BBM. Just noting that the CD (pages 4,5/8) states that JW's final version was that the car was unlocked before he deposited the $$$ in it -- the CD does not state that JW said (in his final version) that he locked the car after he left the $$$ in it.

I know but I was wondering about upping the charge to capital murder with a DP. Like they did with Tsarnaev in Boston. MA doesn't have the DP either if I remember right. I just know the laws are variable between states and it's not set in stone. DC isn't even a state, it's a federal district. Always hopeful...

Tsarnaev was charged with a federal crime (18 U.S. Code § 2332a - Use of weapons of mass destruction) that carried the possibility of a death sentence. In this case I haven't heard of any federal death penalty eligible statutes that anyone could be charged under.

It is way too early to speculate about trials. I believe there will be charges against other people and some will cooperate. Since most charges end in pleas I wouldn't assume there's going to be a trial.

DC has its own criminal justice system but it is a weird hybrid under the auspices of the feds. There is no death penalty in DC. There are several hooks for federal charges but I think its unlikely they will be brought. Boston was an unusual case for a lot of reasons and I don't think the Justice Department wants to step into local cases simply to get the death penalty. There would have to be some other compelling federal interest and I don't see that here.

As far as JW I think (at the moment) he is innocent. I think there was more then one call between he and SS and he was confused when answering ?'s by LE. If I have it right, He was contacted the 13th (nite) to pick up package at the office. He was given package and told to deliver it to the home on his way to chantilly office, correct? Before he arrived to deliver package he called 10 minutes before arriving. He missed a call in the afternoon of the 14th. I do think he was confused with what happened as to when and who he spoke to. I think he deleted his social media accounts because he knew the world was looking and not just his friends. jmo idk

BBM. The problem for JW right now isn't that he may have been confused about times of picking up a package. I think LE would have given him a pass if that's all that they discovered. But the CD indicates JW admitted he lied about details regarding both the pick-up and also the delivery of $40,000 ransom money that he admits he not only saw but also touched. He knew it was cash and also photographed the cash so it is impossible now for him to use a defense that he was innocently delivering a package, contents unknown. At a minimum I do believe he will be charged with lying to investigators.

JMO

As far as JW I think (at the moment) he is innocent. I think there was more then one call between he and SS and he was confused when answering ?'s by LE. If I have it right, He was contacted the 13th (nite) to pick up package at the office. He was given package and told to deliver it to the home on his way to chantilly office, correct? Before he arrived to deliver package he called 10 minutes before arriving. He missed a call in the afternoon of the 14th. I do think he was confused with what happened as to when and who he spoke to. I think he deleted his social media accounts because he knew the world was looking and not just his friends. jmo idk

Totally possible! Except that he told law enforcement that that he purposefully lied to them about how delivered the ransom. I think that's why there is speculation that he is not innocent, because purposefully lying to LE in a quadruple homicide is not an innocent act. But no one knows. We're all just guessing.

Tsarnaev was charged with a federal crime (18 U.S. Code § 2332a - Use of weapons of mass destruction) that carried the possibility of a death sentence. In this case I haven't heard of any federal death penalty eligible statutes that anyone could be charged under.

Extortion, kidnapping, torture, murder, can all become federal crimes on an interstate basis. We'll just have to wait and see.

JMO

but surely wint wouldnt be dumb enough to leave pizza crust with his dna on it behind?

im not sure why we expect criminals to be rocket scientists.

But I am not comparing DW to JW at this time as 'criminals.' JW has no criminal history. I think he is more intelligent and rational than DW.

I don't want to think JW is guilty either! From all we know about him, he seemed like a happy young man with a beautiful smile. I just have one problem, why did he tell LE that he tangibly unlocked the car with a key he retrieved from inside garage? He then said car was unlocked, and he locked it after he deposited the $$$ then closed the garage door. We just need more info.... If the key was indeed accessible from the garage and he had access to it, then I can believe he might have made a mistake.... However, if ithe key is either locked in safe and he does not have combination, or in the house, then JW
made a serious flaw in his story.

For some reason, my instincts tell me he's innocent, and there's an explanation. I sure hope so... He doesn't seem like a monster.

IMO, when he was being questioned, he wasn't entirely sure what had happened. And he was "covering his butt" if the money was stolen or something, because he left it in an unlocked car.

But again, that is just my opinion...

IMO, when he was being questioned, he wasn't entirely sure what had happened. And he was "covering his butt" if the money was stolen or something, because he left it in an unlocked car.

But again, that is just my opinion...

He not only touched the money, he removed some of it from its bank wrapper. That isn't an act that reflects innocence on any level. It wasn't his money and he didn't have any authority to disturb it in any way. Did he really believe his boss, the CEO would not notice?

JMO

Extortion, kidnapping, torture, murder, can all become federal crimes on an interstate basis. We'll just have to wait and see.

JMO

Causing the money to be withdrawn from the bank, use of phone, texts, internet -- all hooks for federal charges. The most likely hooks. But I don't think there will be federal charges.

He not only touched the money, he removed some of it from its bank wrapper. That isn't an act that reflects innocence on any level. It wasn't his money and he didn't have any authority to disturb it in any way. Did he really believe his boss, the CEO would not notice?

JMO

The CD just says that the wrapper isn't visible in the photo. NOT that it was gone!

If you compare their lives, JW has a lot more common sense than DW ever portrayed. JMO

He was asked by his boss to deliver a package to the boss' home. The fact that he disturbed the package contents that the boss most assuredly would notice the moment he opened the envelope isn't a reflection of common sense, it is a evidence of consciousness of guilt that JW knew his boss was not the one who was going to open the envelope.

JMO

He was asked by his boss to deliver a package to the boss' home. The fact that he disturbed the package contents that the boss most assuredly would notice the moment he opened the envelope isn't a reflection of common sense, it is a evidence of consciousness of guilt that JW knew his boss was not the one who was going to open the envelope.

JMO

Wait. I thought you said he never even delivered the cash to DC?

Causing the money to be withdrawn from the bank, use of phone, texts, internet -- all hooks for federal charges. The most likely hooks. But I don't think there will be federal charges.

I do because of the aspect that a CEO was kidnapped and held hostage and his company assets were extorted. I think those Bank of America and AIW employees have been shaken to their core.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members