DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find the "are you ok, if so" part of this text...odd? Or I missing some sort of context here that would make that seem like a normal question for JW to ask?

IMO it just doesn't sound right... I don't know why, like a contrived message. And why call AS... Wouldn't it be SS that he would call?

All my speculation...It's hard to follow all the different versions, but I think I might know why LE is so interested in JW. I think he may have only told two versions and his first version was actually closer to the truth than the second version. What he said was a lie/mistake was the actually more the truth. SS had had told him to pick up a 'package' and he received the package, which was the manila envelope containing the red bag with money. What he did was tear open the manila envelope up and his photo was of something he never should have seen in the first place and it required him to break into the envelope to see it and the thought may be that his breaking into the envelope and opening the red bag is itself proof of nefarious intent of some kind. Some of the other text messages seem exculpatory, though it does sound like a long time from 9 AM with the photo to almost 10:30 AM with the delivery confirmation for a highly critical delivery. It also may be from JW that they are getting the last time the Porsche was seen at the house as the confirmation text does coincide with that time.

SI, good points! That could very well be reasons JW would lie, and makes sense, but why would he lie about the car being locked/unlocked? And if he lied because he had opened the "package", wouldn't he be worried it would be noticeable to SS? If JW did lie for the reasons above, I hope LE will make a statement clearing him. Because of JW's lies, I still have suspicions about his possible involvement unless he's cleared of any involvement.

I will let others sort that phone number thing out.

All I can say is, I hope the daughters have changed their numbers before these warrants were released.

In the meantime, I found this interesting from the Washington Post earlier today.

The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

By that time, police said, the family was already dead.""​

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

His text conversation with his girlfriend does not seem like it implicates either of them in this brutal crime. JMO

BBM. Islander is the description the attorney Ficker, used the other day when he was discussing the case.

Well, if Attorney Ficker says so...

Actually, Guyana does identify strongly with Caribbean culture but as far I know, that still doesn't make it an island.
I've been there and it ranks rather low on my list of places visited even among many developing nations. At the time, I think it was 1999, the capital Georgetown after dark reminded me of the movie Escape from New York with kerosene rags stuffed in bottles providing light for the kiosk tables in the street.

All my speculation...It's hard to follow all the different versions, but I think I might know why LE is so interested in JW. I think he may have only told two versions and his first version was actually closer to the truth than the second version. What he said was a lie/mistake was the actually more the truth. SS had had told him to pick up a 'package' and he received the package, which was the manila envelope containing the red bag with money. What he did was tear open the manila envelope up and his photo was of something he never should have seen in the first place and it required him to break into the envelope to see it and the thought may be that his breaking into the envelope and opening the red bag is itself proof of nefarious intent of some kind. Some of the other text messages seem exculpatory, though it does sound like a long time from 9 AM with the photo to almost 10:30 AM with the delivery confirmation for a highly critical delivery. It also may be from JW that they are getting the last time the Porsche was seen at the house as the confirmation text does coincide with that time.

BBM. No employee--if he values his job--is going to obviously break into a package he's dropping off at his boss' home. His boss would immediately detect it and immediately fire him.

LE can pinpoint JW's location at the time he left every text and message both up to and after the murders. He's provided them with a map. LE will compare that to the map provided by AS' phone.

JMO

IMO it just doesn't sound right... I don't know why, like a contrived message. And why call AS... Wouldn't it be SS that he would call?

That's what I would think! JW keeps popping up at key points in this horrific case.

Contrived is a good word for it. I don't know - I think if I thought I could be breaking the news to someone that their house was on fire, I probably wouldn't be so nonchalant about it.

It sounds like someone trying to clearly establish that they heard that the house was on fire and wanted it to be known that he didn't know her whereabouts, hence the "are you ok?"

If he just heard her house was on fire, wouldn't he wonder if she was OK or not?

If you heard your boss's house was on fire, wouldn't you call them...and then keep on calling them until you got through? It doesn't seem like it should have been in a text in the first place as the message itself is rather call-worthy rather than something that should be left to text.

Within the Facebook page for that Dillion.Wint person there was some curious material. Now, I don't do Facebook so, I seldom can see what others see. But... what I did see before it was removed (actually, it was removed while I was viewing) were 4 or 5 videos.

I watched one, it was somewhat lengthy (10 minutes or more) but I watched it a couple of times because I was trying to see if I could figure out where it was taken. It was of a guy, a black guy, kind of dancing with a soccer ball, with music, moving it around his body. Anyhow it was in an outdoor area, kind of like a downtown mall area, no cars, there were stores, people strolling, shopping, watching the street guy, and a PIZZA restaurant in the background (I couldn't identify the name).

So, when I got ready to move on to the next video, the site had gone poof!

But the little images that identify the videos, I remember one for sure and it was what I planned to watch next. It was like a rubber chicken tied to a chair. The other image I remember was of that scary Chucky character. I think these were all videos he shot, not just ones he liked. Although I could be wrong since my time there was limited. I think he had stills too of those in his Instagram account. One of his family members commented specifically on those two images wondering what they were there for.

So, I wish I could have explored it more. It was within a couple of hours of the arrest warrant being published with his name and AKAs.

Did anyone else see any of that?

Wouldn't he call her or SS, not text? If their house is on fire, it's an emergency...you call.
He isn't reporting a fire to 911 jmo

He texted both of them multiple times per the article.

Understand, I'm looking at the page. What are you conveying?

Was just trying to help out by taking a screen shot of the relevant doc. That way people don't have to search for it through the DC Courts portal.

Well, if Attorney Ficker says so...

Actually, Guyana does identify strongly with Caribbean culture but as far I know, that still doesn't make it an island.
I've been there and it ranks rather low on my list of places visited even among many developing nations. At the time, I think it was 1999, the capital Georgetown after dark reminded me of the movie Escape from New York with kerosene rags stuffed in bottles providing light for the kiosk tables in the street.

From what you say about the kerosene rags and all that it seems that they are developing very slowly.

He learns it from an employee and then takes it upon himself to text Ms. Amy about HER house being on fire? The story just keeps getting more bizarre.....

JMO

Why is it bizarre for him to text her to see if she was OK?

This may be a stretch... But... JW texted SS Wednesday " I got your message, I will
call you when I get the package! But who did he call or txt? His GF

I said I find it bizarre. He had been to their home that morning and had absolutely no reason to presume Amy was not at home. He wasn't her driver or her employee.

JMO

Plus, someone's house is on fire, so you TEXT them? Did he also text/call his boss about the fire, since he knew he wasn't with him at the dojo?

ETA: He called SS at 1:40 pm. Pretty quick since firefighters were dispatched at 1:24. In 16 minutes, someone notified an AIW employee who notified JW (?)

RIGHT???? I thought the same exact thing!!!!!!!

As far as the rest of that...it just still isn't incriminating to me! In fact, those texts say almost exactly - word for word - what I thought they would say! LOL!!!

Maybe! Yes, it would have been highly incriminating if he said 20 and it would have meant that she was privy to him taking a cut! But he is going on the story (true or untrue) that he was delivering $40k to his boss for the dojo. Unless she is in on it, he might not want to let her know that he was committing a crime, but still want to impress her. And he's not a guy who is afraid to lie. I would have assumed he would told her it was $40k for the dojo in either case of guilt or innocence, unless she was involved and knew about it.

It is possible he was texting because his calls went to VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member