DCF Shelter Hearings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not name the family currently caring for the girls. In order to respect the girls and the fact that their lives, once more, have been flipped upside down, lets ease their transition by not naming their caregivers here.

It sounds as if the judge was thinking there might be eventual changes to this arrangement, requesting several times that DCFS investigate all options with family members who have expressed interest in caring for the girls.

This leads me to believe there may be future hearings and that the decision today is to go with the status quo until more can be done towards permanency. Most importantly I hope the girls feel safe and secure and are being helped to process their dad's arrest. What a rough week following a tough year they've had.

Sorry about my speculations. I really did not mean harm and was actually expressing wishful thinking.

Wasn't SS the person who called CWW with the news of TS's death? Not implying he had any knowledge but clearly he's friendly with the murderer.

Yes. He's the one who told CWW per reports. In all fairness, BS is their mother and she could have relayed the information as it became known. And she knew right away.

'Mark Sievers, who attended the hearing in handcuffs while sporting a red jumpsuit, only whispered to a court-appointed attorney during the proceedings. He requested a court-appointed attorney for the duration of the custody hearings.'

BBM
That caught my attention, too.

“At the heart of the matter is parental judgement and decision making, and the court must intervene and make a judgement in the best interest of the children,” Judge Lee A. Schreiber said.

[...]

“There are many reasons, some foreseeable and some are not, that placement is disrupted,” Schreiber said. “I believe it is incumbent for us to look at all options.”

http://www.winknews.com/2016/02/29/...ith-his-children-long-term-custody-undecided/

Discussion began about whether custody would be given to either the chidlren's maternal or paternal grandparents. DCF indicated that their maternal grandparents have requested custody.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/sievers-children-the-subject-of-custody-hearing

FORT MYERS, Fla. – Mark Sievers can continue to have contact with his two daughters as officials decide where they will be permanently placed, a Lee County judge determined Monday morning.

[...]

Officials hope to reconnect the children with their tutor, and for the tutor to be able to provide a full-day of schooling.

https://www.winknews.com/2016/02/29...ith-his-children-long-term-custody-undecided/

Will the girls be able to give input as to where they would like to be? I know they are young, so probably not. Just wondering.

Wasn't SS the person who called CWW with the news of TS's death? Not implying he had any knowledge but clearly he's friendly with the murderer.
Do we know for sure he actually called CWW or is this something CWW is claiming?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I hope they can continue with the tutor. A previous article said the family caring for the girls both work full time and cannot afford one. It's a bit much right now for the girls to go through another huge transition. Maybe the monies can be used for this purpose?

could custody also be affected by relatives taking children out of state? If uncle lived in Fla, would actions be different?

Do we know for sure he actually called CWW or is this something CWW is claiming?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AW said it.
_________

"AW: We got a phone call on Tuesday morning from, um, Mark's brother, Scott, saying that --

DL: Mark Sievers?

AW: Uh-huh. Um, saying that Teresa had passed away. Mark was the best man in our wedding. Mark and --"

Bump 2 Binder 2 #5718

Did notice that LS and GS were there hugging AL. And MS didn't spend anytime making eye contact. A court appointed attorney to deal with his children's welfare!! Didn't mind spending money to have his wife and their mother brutally removed from their life. But a court apointed attorney for this major life changing decision for them when they are so alone!! Hell isn't deep enough for him!

could custody also be affected by relatives taking children out of state? If uncle lived in Fla, would actions be different?

Yes, they mentioned that MS' relative (uncle) would have to establish FL homestead first.

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member