Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1952
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 10" - 5' 11" / 70 - 71 inches
  • Weight: 150 - 180 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Walked with a slight limp.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: White t-shirt with blue trim, brown pants, and white tennis shoes.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Andrzejewski went missing from New Castle, Delaware on August 13, 1973. He was last seen at Delaware State Hospital where he had ground privileges, but he had never wandered before. Few details are available regarding his disappearance and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Delaware State Police Headquarters: (302) 739-5901
NamUs Case Number: MP73876
NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Missing Person / NamUs #MP73876

The Morning News (Wilmington, DE0 19 Aug 74, pg 22

according to the article below, he and two other patients disappeared at about the same time

1657668246714.png

I havent seen any mention of the names or whereabouts of the other 2 residents who escaped around the same time, as mentioned in the article. Did they all go their seperate ways, or meet up at an agreed location? Clemente's Travel Center (Bus Station) & Cafeteria was not too far away from there. Havent found any other info online except the article looking back at 5 years later, someone posted. Very sad. Anthony's mother Cecelia passed in 2003 and father Edward in 2004 (online search of obituaries). Edward's obit mentions predeceased by son Anthony. He was mot mentioned in his Mother's. He was the youngest of 3 children, still has a brother & sister in DE. If still alive, Anthony would be approx 71 years old (no birthdate listed, only circa 1952). Missing almost 50 years. So little is known about him & his life. Sadly we may never know of his death.

There has been some speculation that Anthony could be this UID found in Plaquemines Parish LA, though it is stated he was unable to write due to being mentally disabled (and there were handwritten suicide notes found near the body). I am not sure however, that this detail alone is enough to rule him out. After all, there is always the possibility someone could have written the letters for him. I also think Anthony strongly resembles the available UID reconstruction, and he was last seen at a hospital where he was receiving treatment for mental illness related issues; further supporting the theory that he may have sadly committed suicide.

There has been some speculation that Anthony could be this UID found in Plaquemines Parish LA, though it is stated he was unable to write due to being mentally disabled (and there were handwritten suicide notes found near the body). I am not sure however, that this detail alone is enough to rule him out. After all, there is always the possibility someone could have written the letters for him. I also think Anthony strongly resembles the available UID reconstruction, and he was last seen at a hospital where he was receiving treatment for mental illness related issues; further supporting the theory that he may have sadly committed suicide.
You could definitely try. Anything's possible. Aside from the notes though, I just don't think Anthony could have survived for a year and a half after his disappearance. But again, anything is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back