Found Deceased DE - Cynthia Amalfitano, 63, no show at work, welfare check, veh , purse & phone found at home, Wilmington, 25 Sep 2023 *Gold Alert*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
On Monday (9/25) Police responded to the 3400 block of Birch Circle for the report of a check on the welfare as Cynthia did not respond to work this morning.

Upon arrival, officers located Cynthia’s vehicle parked in front of her residence. Officers then entered her residence and located her personal belongings which included her purse and cellphone.

Cynthia was last seen on Saturday (9/23) evening leaving her residence. Cynthia’s family and police are concerned about her well-being.
http://www.NCCPD.com, or (IM) on the New Castle County Police Facebook page.

***I found this update while creating this thread but will leave the thread in Missing cate
Detectives from the New Castle County Division of Police are currently investigating a suspicious death near the 3100 block of Skyline Drive in Wilmington.

Officials said earlier this morning, officers located a deceased adult female in a wooded area near the Carousel Park parking lot.
image-60.png

On Monday, the police issued a Gold Alert for a 63-year-old woman residing in a home in the 3400 block of Birch Circle, near the park.

The alert was issued after the woman’s coworkers became concerned when she did not show up to work on Monday morning. When officers arrived at the house they located the woman’s vehicle. Officers made entry into the home where they found the woman’s personal belongings, including her purse and cell phone.

The woman was last seen on the evening of Saturday, September 23rd, when she left her home according to police. Police have not said if the death investigation is related to the missing person alert. Police were back out at the woman’s condo on Birch Circle Tuesday.

New Castle County police are investigating a "suspicious death" after a woman was found in the woods near a portable toilet by a Carousel Park parking lot in Pike Creek on Tuesday morning.

Detectives closed the Skyline Drive parking lot, where many dog walkers park to take their pets to the dog park, as they investigated. Numerous evidence markers could be seen in the gravel lot.

Some of the markers were located near the toilet, while others were on the opposite side of the parking lot.

New Castle County police are investigating a suspicious death in Carousel Park.

A handful were clustered around a pair of white Croc shoes, and detectives could be seen taking photos of the shoes and other items of evidence.
A

We used to live here for a bit and took our kids fishing there a bunch. Carousel Park is where the New Castle County police horses are stabled. You can see them from the walking trail hanging out in the fields across from the forest. There’s police trucks and vehicles parked there at all times (mostly pickups and horse trailers). A very strange place for a body to turn up

IMG_1962.jpeg

Last edited:
INVESTIGATION UPDATE: DETECTIVES INVESTIGATING SUSPICIOUS DEATH NEAR SKYLINE DRIVE – WILMINGTON
(Wilmington, DE 19808) Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Unit continue their investigation into the suspicious death near Skyline Drive. The female victim has been positively identified as 63-year-old Cynthia Amalfitano of Wilmington. This remains an active and ongoing investigation. The active Gold Alert has been cancelled.

Very sad outcome, my prayers to her family and friends.

It is very sad outcome. PD says that there doesn't appear to be a threat to the public, but they also say that her death is suspicious. If it does turn out to be a homicide, I see that Wilmington, DE is only 48 miles from Bel Air, MD via I-95, where Rachel Morin was killed on a well-traveled trail. In Rachel's case it was immediately obvious that it was a homicide, so there is probably no similarity, but I thought that the closeness of the two locations, and the fact they are both on I-95, was interesting.

1695874130843.png

If this doesn't turn out to be a suicide, I'm going to lean towards the perpetrator being someone Cynthia knew and her body was possibly dumped at the park. When ever personal items are left at the house, such as phone and purse, nine times out of ten it turns out to be a domestic incident.

JMO

1696164347439.jpeg

Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Unit continue their investigation into the suspicious death near Skyline Drive. The female victim has been positively identified as 63-year-old Cynthia Amalfitano of Wilmington. This remains an active and ongoing investigation. The active Gold Alert has been cancelled.

Any individual wishing to provide information is asked to please contact Detective Gino Cevallos at (302)395-8129 or by email at Gino.Cevallos@newcastlede.gov. If you were present at the Carousel Park dog park area or parking lot near Skyline Drive during September 24, 2023 and September 26, 2023 please contact the Criminal Investigations Unit.

Tips can be forwarded to:
  • New Castle County Division of Police non-emergency number at (302) 573-2800
  • Criminal Investigations Unit at (302) 395-8110
  • Facebook (IM) “New Castle County Police”
  • Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333
  • Submit a tip online at http://www.delawarecrimestoppers.com

Her obituary states she is survived by a former husband and many pets. I wonder if she made arrangements for her pets before she disappeared. What was her state of mind leading up to her disappearance?

"Cindy also loved animals and took care of her cats, fish, horses, and goats, but nothing brought her more joy than her two dogs, Vaughn and Jingles." She was found at a dog park, so were her dogs found near the scene?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back