DE DE - John 'Jack' Wheeler, 66, Wilmington, 30 Dec 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really good new article: The widow talks about stress....
The lack of communication has frustrated Klyce. "They have been so bad," she said. "They've made my life so miserable." After Wheeler's death, the whole family went down to the Newark police station for questioning. "They treated us like criminals, all of us," said Klyce. "They were rude." The cops confiscated credit cards, financial records, and Wheeler's computer. In recent weeks, some of her cards have had mysterious charges, including two plane tickets from New York to Madrid totaling $3,000, according to Klyce.

Also...

But she disputes the notion that he was crazy or demented. Wheeler, who was bipolar and took lithium for his condition, didn't always respond to social cues. "He was a touch Asperger-y," she said. "He couldn't read faces. He couldn't gauge other peoples' reactions." What about the shoe in his hand? "He didn't care about clothes," she said. "Jack was oblivious. Nothing sartorially peculiar about Jack is out of the ordinary."

About the smoke bomb...
Klyce said she doesn't know anything about the smoke bomb incident on Dec. 28. "I think it'd be nutty—not to say that Jack wasn't capable of nuttiness — to do anything that would cause that much damn trouble when you don't have to."

Wish I had some thoughts about this. I think maybe the FBI should be looking at it, if they're not. Sounds like LE don't have any suspects, so they are pushing the family. I feel for the wife. It sounds like no one is getting anywhere, but I thought he looked confused in the videos, she doesn't seem to think so, neither does his doctor. Really weird, but I am not getting hints of family involvement. Of course, I don't know what LE knows.

Thanks, I forgot to include the link in my post. I think that they need to follow the money. The credit card charges.

The credit card charges need to be looked into, the implication that someone in the police department is responsible is serious and should launch a thorough investigation. I am interested to see where it leads.

The Newark PDs very public removal of evidence from the home in New Castle makes me wonder if they haven't already done that, perhaps they are working a new theory.

I can easily understand why LE might use tough investigative techniques.

It is hard if you are not use to it.

...In recent weeks, some of her cards have had mysterious charges, including two plane tickets from New York to Madrid totaling $3,000, according to Klyce. ..."

So criminals used it or cover up? I mention cover up because why wait so long after the murder to fly to Madrid? And that should be pretty easy to trace.

So criminals used it or cover up? I mention cover up because why wait so long after the murder to fly to Madrid? And that should be pretty easy to trace.

the charge for the plane tickets were made while the police had custody of wheeler's credit cards. I would call that criminal and i hope the person(s) responsible are charged and convicted of the crime.

I know this lady is upset and the family has gone through alot and wants answers now. But maybe she can start a grassroots campaign and advocate for other families who have been waiting years or decades for answers, and can't get press coverage like she is able to. Some families don't even know their loved ones COD for years because the case is still under investigation. Maybe her attorney can help her understand the family is always scrutinized first, and there is a good reason for that. And also let her know that it's not a good thing to alienate LE by sublty accusing them of credit card theft.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/20/delaware.killing/index.html

(snips)
It's been seven weeks since former Pentagon official John Wheeler suffered a fatal blow, his body thrown in a trash bin and trucked to a landfill where his remains were spotted New Year's Eve.
And as the weeks drag on, Wheeler's widow Katherine Klyce and their entire family are having a hard time understanding why authorities haven't been able to solve the case yet.

After the murder, Klyce was a victim of identify theft, he said. Someone charged a $3,000 overseas airline ticket from New York to Madrid on her credit card. However, Connolly said Wheeler did not carry his wife's card and a link to his murder seems highly unlikely.

Nora, I had previously read about her sister. Mrs. Klyce should be more familiar with the entire process and what is involved than she appears to be.

SuziQ. Okay, I didn't realize you had read that whole story about the sister. In any case, I couldn't disagree with you more. - i.b.

SuziQ. Okay, I didn't realize you had read that whole story about the sister. In any case, I couldn't disagree with you more. - i.b.

That's ok. The recent articles really rubbed me wrong. I feel so much for the family members who can't get any press coverage, etc. But I should be more understanding of Katherine as well. Her emotions must be so raw at this point. It didn't make me feel any better to rant and get it off my chest either.

(((Hugs?)))

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-22-1Awheeler22_CV_N.htm

The neighbors who drove JW to the train station on Christmas eve give out more information. The neighbor who was looking over the family's home during the holiday felt someone had been there when he checked in on December 30th. Upstairs window was open, side door was suddenly unlock and slightly ajar, the radio (reported by another neighbor as loud TV) was supposed to be on, per JW's usual preference, but was now off.

From the article "In the kitchen, broken plates sat in the sink. A tall plant had been overturned. And Wheeler's cadet sword from West Point lay on the floor, unsheathed. Dill remembers a heavy dusting of Comet cleanser on the kitchen's wood plank floor — and what he believes was the print of a bare foot in the powder."

Nothing of value appeared to be missing, but this neighbor felt he had walked into a crime scene, and so left voicemails for both Wheeler and Klyce but did not hear back and unfortunately he did not contact police. Wheeler's body was found in the landfill the following morning.

Any more news lately? I haven't been able to find anything that was after the end of Feb. :dunno:

J.J. - I think that article is from January 5th.

You are right, but the search date comes up 3/15/11.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=john+wheeler+death&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGLL_en___US385&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&ds=n&sugexp=gsis&pq=john%20wheeler%20death&xhr=t&q=john+p+wheeler&cp=5&qe=am9obiBwIHdoZWVsZXIgZGVhdGg&qesig=faGnReK5KQ63DMEEUsd8nw&pkc=AFgZ2tntYYze1dgLRlEjYVwoYopztpI_acyf_noWufD5AKg9YflBPhb1ACAh0_PM_QuR56PFwgZtbMfle-t-06-f9W5-j04RkA&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGLL_en___US385&tbs=nws:1&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=john+p+wheeler+death&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a04044cde7da87f6"]john wheeler death - Google Search[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back