Found Deceased DE - Linda Lee Bravo, 70, Sussex County, 13 Jun 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ADKGemini

Reaction score
https://www.capegazette.com/article/gold-alert-issued-bethany-beach-woman/183030
Share:

Gold Alert issued for Bethany Beach woman
June 17, 2019

Linda Lee Bravo/BETHANY BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT PHOTO
The Bethany Beach Police Department has issued a Gold Alert for a Bethany Beach woman who has not been seen in three days.

Linda Lee Bravo, 70, of Alexander Drive was last seen June 13 at Sea Colony East in Bethany Beach, said Officer Andrew Rogers with the Bethany Beach Police Department.

A neighbor told police she tried to locate Bravo on a “Find My Friends” app, which is no longer updating Bravo’s location, Rogers said.

Attempts to contact or locate Linda have been unsuccessful, and there is a true concern for her safety and welfare, he said.

Bravo is white, 5-feet-5-inches tall, 180 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Rogers said she may be wearing stretchy yoga pants, a loose top, and sneakers and socks. Her car is a white, 2011 Mercedes GLK350 (SUV) with Delaware tag PC444152.

Anyone with information regarding Linda’s whereabouts are asked to contact the Bethany Beach Police Department at 302-539-1000 or 302-381-5833.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Original

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

70-year-old Bethany Beach woman missing for several days; police issue Gold Alert
[...]

Linda Lee Bravo was last seen on June 13 at Sea Colony East. Her residence is located in a different area of Bethany Beach.

That day, officers conducted a welfare check on Bravo at her residence, after her neighbor noticed the "Find My Friends" app was no longer updating Bravo's location.

cf6f1da1-845a-49eb-be02-6994643f3c95-lindabravo.jpg

Police tried to track Bravo through her car and cellphone with no results.

[...]

UPDATE: Gold Alert continues for missing Bethany woman - 47abc
[...]

According to police, a welfare check was requested at Bravo’s residence at 510 Alexander Drive in Bethany on Thursday, after a neighbor noticed that the “Find My Friends” app was no longer updating Bravo’s location. Police say Bravo was physically last seen that day at Sea Colony East.

Bravo’s vehicle courtesy of Bethany Beach PD

[...]

Delaware State Police
June 17, 2019 *The Bethany Beach Police Department Seek Assistance in Locating Linda Bravo*

Bethany Beach Woman Reported Missing After Friend App Goes Dark, Search Underway
[...]

A post of Bravo’s Facebook page reads” Hi Friends, have you seen or heard from me? I was last seen leaving Sea Colony at 9:00 pm the evening of Thursday, June 13th. I drive a white Mercedes GLK350, Delaware license plate # PC444152 which is also missing. My car has visible scratches on the tailgate where touch up paint was used to try to cover them. Please comment if you’ve seen me since Wednesday and where and when you last saw me. Please call the local Bethany Beach Police Department if you have any information on my whereabouts at 302-539-1000 Thank you!” It is believed that Bravo’s family posted the message.

Several Sussex County agencies, utilizing air, ground and marine units were out searching in the area around Bethany Beach on Tuesday, according to sources.

JUN 21, 2019
Search party organized for missing Bethany Beach woman
A search party has been organized to look for a Bethany Beach woman who has been missing for several days.

The group searching for 70-year-old Linda Lee Bravo was organized by Fenwick Island Police, according to a Facebook post from Delaware State Police.

"Make sure to bring water and wear comfortable clothes to potentially walk through long grass and brush," the Facebook post reads.

The search will start at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 22, at the Fenwick Island Police Department, 800 Coastal Highway.

[...]

JUN 19, 2019
Update: Photo Of Bethany Beach Woman Captured The Night She Went Missing

Updated Photo Provided By Bethany Beach Police

[...]

Authorities did not disclose where the updated photo, capture the night of Bravo’s disappearance, in their briefing. We’ll update that information as it becomes available.

JUN 21, 2019
Search for Missing Bethany Beach Woman
[...]

It's been 8 days and still no sign of Bravo. The search has now moved South towards Fenwick Island.

[...]

Despite investigators extensive search both on foot and in the sky, there's still no trace of Bravo.

Fenwick Island Police Department is now assisting in the investigation.

"Tomorrow, there will be a group that's going to go into Fenwick Island. They're going to walk to Fenwick Island, mainly to look for residence or business cameras."

[...]

The police department is asking for the public's help. If you have a camera along Route 1 and you think you may have spotted Bravo or her car last week, you're asked to contact the Bethany Police Department at (302) 539-1000.

Last edited:
JUN 21, 2019 Linda Bravo
  • The Fenwick Island PD will host a search in the Fenwick area.
  • The search is part of a joint investigation with the Bethany Beach PD.
  • Volunteers are needed and are to report to the Fenwick Island Town Hall at 9:00 AM on Sat, June 22, 2019.
  • Dress accordingly for weather conditions and possible unusual terrain.
  • Please bring SUN SCREEN, BUG SPRAY, WATER, SNACKS.
  • Additional items CELL PHONE, WHISTLE, BINOCULARS, CHANGE OF CLOTHING.

After days of searching, local enforcement are now launching a search party to try to find Bravo.

Captain Darin Cathell says they have looked high and low in places like the intersection on Route 1 and 26.

“After that her cell phone goes dead, hasn’t been utilized,” said Cathell, “There’s no action on her bank account, so she’s not utilized any of her bank accounts.”

Captain Cathell says they are quickly running out of leads.

“We’ve had Trooper 2 a Joint Task Force with Delaware State Police, Ocean View PD has assisted us and we’ve searched that area by air, by water,” said Cathell.

“We’ve been on foot, vehicles.”

Police are also asking people with cameras to see if they have caught any video of Bravo’s white 2011 Mercedes on Route 1. They hope this will help them to finally find Bravo.

“We’re trying to ask the public if they have a residential camera, if they have a business camera to the residents that would capture Route 1,” said Cathell, “The time we would be looking at is Friday the 13th somewhere around 12:30 in the morning.”

The search party will take place on Saturday at 9 AM at the 800 Coastal Highway in Fenwick.

Police request that anyone with information regarding Linda’s whereabouts are asked to contact the Bethany Beach Police Department at 302-539-1000.

Police organizing search for missing Bethany Beach woman - 47abc

Does Linda have any family? Her neighbor alerted police that she didn't come home and that the "Find My Friends" app was no longer updating Linda's location. Children? Grandchildren? MOO

(no title)
The investigation began when Officers of the Bethany Beach Police Department were dispatched to Linda Lee Bravo’s residence located in the town limits of Bethany Beach on Friday, June 14th, 2019 to check her wellbeing. The concerned neighbor said she had not arrived home from last night.

Does Linda have any family? Her neighbor alerted police that she didn't come home and that the "Find My Friends" app was no longer updating Linda's location. Children? Grandchildren? MOO

(no title)
The investigation began when Officers of the Bethany Beach Police Department were dispatched to Linda Lee Bravo’s residence located in the town limits of Bethany Beach on Friday, June 14th, 2019 to check her wellbeing. The concerned neighbor said she had not arrived home from last night.

I don't know about human family, but she has three furbabies she appears to adore. I just can't see a fur-parent willingly leaving their babies to fend for themselves. MOO

Linda Bravo

I don't know about human family, but she has three furbabies she appears to adore. I just can't see a fur-parent willingly leaving their babies to fend for themselves. MOO

Linda Bravo
I saw those. Aren't they precious?! :p I agree, I don't see her just abandoning those furbabies. So glad that someone has stepped up to take care of them for now. MOO

JUN 22 - Coastal Point newspaper
  • About 100 people gathered in Fenwick Island on Sat to help police search.
  • The search was held at the Fenwick Island Police Department because police believe her car was headed south from Bethany Beach when it was last seen.
  • Police have searched by land, sea and air, using boats and drones to check waterways and remote areas.
  • According to a close friend, Bravo had been cleaning the rental apartment she owns, at Sea Colony East, when she was last seen.
  • Both of Bravo’s sons, as well as other family and friends, joined the search party, which focused mainly on identifying buildings with security cameras that could be searched for possible sightings of Bravo, her car or belongings.
  • Bravo has an iPhone, protected in a silver, sparkly case by designer Kate Spade.
  • Searchers contacted the FIPD during the search with 63 cameras to check.
  • Devlin said police do not believe Bravo went as far south as Ocean City, because her vehicle has not shown up on the city’s “tag readers”.
  • Whether she might have turned west on Route 54 or another road is unclear, he said.
  • Family and friends say Linda generally stayed within an area very close to her home in Bethany Beach.
  • Her son, ZK, said his mother has a close relationship with her family, including him, his brother and five grandchildren.
  • ZK last spoke to her the day before she was discovered missing. He and his family were planning to visit her and she was buying groceries and readying for their visit.
  • Linda loves her three dogs and wouldn’t have left them according to ZK.
  • Also attending was Officer Kenneth Haynes, whose arms were scratched from recently searching through wooded areas.

Police issued a Gold Alert for Bravo and during their investigation, video footage of Bravo’s white Mercedes SUV from that night was recovered. It shows her driving northbound on her way home but never turning into her development’s drive, Kight says.

Twenty minutes later, Bravo’s vehicle is captured by the same camera again only this time going southbound. Cell phone records show her phone pinged one final time as she went south before going offline.

A Delaware Grandmother Vanished 2 Weeks Ago, and Her Family Is Desperate for Answers

"At 5:45 this evening, Friday, June 28, 2019 rescue crews from the Bethany Beach Volunteer Fire Company responded to a home in the 200 block of Bay Shore Drive for reports of a possible DOA. Upon their arrival, crews confirmed that a body was in the canal behind the home. Officials said the body will be turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science to determine the cause of death and the identity of the person. Over the last couple of weeks, officials have been searching the area for a missing Bethany Beach woman, Linda Lee Bravo, who was last seen on June 13, 2019."

Breaking: Body Found In Canal Near Missing Woman’s Last Known Location

"At 5:45 this evening, Friday, June 28, 2019 rescue crews from the Bethany Beach Volunteer Fire Company responded to a home in the 200 block of Bay Shore Drive for reports of a possible DOA. Upon their arrival, crews confirmed that a body was in the canal behind the home. Officials said the body will be turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science to determine the cause of death and the identity of the person. Over the last couple of weeks, officials have been searching the area for a missing Bethany Beach woman, Linda Lee Bravo, who was last seen on June 13, 2019."

Don’t know how to post, but Fox5 reporting that family has confirmed the body found was in fact Linda’s. Body discovered in canal between Bayshore Drive and Rebecca road in south Bethany beach. Family said the police have not recovered her car. Maybe why FBI is now involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back