Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is the cell phone either fell out of the car or was purposely left there by whoever stole the car. And I don't think where the car was left is where Josh entered the water. I think the car was there merely because whoever stole it lived near that location or their own car was near that location.

The thing about the Port of Albany is,its not destination spot,except in the day. At night its scary,nobody would go there. I don't believe its very well lit,but I can't say for sure. You would have to set out to go there.
Some people may say Josh was lost or disoriented,but #1 ,why wouldn't he have used his cell phone for help,and 2nd,Albany is very small and you really can't get disoriented. There are only a couple big buildings,if you keep them as your landmarks,its near impossable to get lost,even if you are a stranger to the area,and Josh was not.

Not only is there that game Manhunt, but by trying to see if there is some weird group, I also found the site manhunt.net, which I think is gay personals but I am fearful of clicking on it.

Also, the Mara Salvatrucha gang has certain cliques within it that they call the "devil's horns." I think it's 6 of the smileys with devil horns found so far? Don't know if there's a connection but that is a fearsome, viscious gang.

Didn't Nirvana have a weird smiley face for one of its albums?

Anyone know if some of the nicknames that were also found at the originating sites (where they actually went to put the bodies in the water, not the sites where they were found) are known? Have any of those nicknames that were painted onto the walls/boards been released?

Here is another one I ran across: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64160

Circumstances are: 20yo College athlete chased in a vehicle then ended up in a lake with mud packed into his mouth down to his vocal chords. They ruled it an "accidental asphyxiation". KBI are reinvestigating as a possible homicide.

This is a weird case. Also interesting from the above link:

Mitchell believes Derrick Heidt had some type of psychological breakdown the night at the lake.
Derrick Heidt had an unusually large amount of urine in his body - about four times normal - which Mitchell interprets as a sign that Heidt's mental state was in distress. "There was no physical obstruction, nothing was affecting his bladder. It was a mental effect," Mitchell said.

I've never heard of that before. Has anyone else?

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-04-29-0026.html

(snip)
NBC 4's Tom Brockman spoke with Randy Shaffer on Tuesday, who said that without clear information and evidence, the new theory is just that -- another theory.
"It's hard for me to go on with my life. It still is. I'm just sort of stuck in limbo because of all this stuff sometimes," he said. "I listen to it and I guess I try to (say) -- whether it be psychics or this -- well, OK. If that's so, show me some information, some proof that you have, that you know this could have happened to my son. And I haven't seen that proof yet."

KSTP
April 29, 2008
A scenic New York college campus has become the center of an air and ground search after the disappearance of one of their students from St. Paul.

William Jacobson, 19, is a freshman at Ithaca College. He was last seen leaving a costume party off-campus early Sunday morning.
Full article: click here

I need to go back and watch the videos because I thought it was the spot where they believe the bodies went into the water is where the graffitti and smiley faces are. That would explain why local LE never saw them..they never traced back to the origin of where they went into water.

Help..someone correct me if I am wrong.

This is a weird case. Also interesting from the above link:

Mitchell believes Derrick Heidt had some type of psychological breakdown the night at the lake.
Derrick Heidt had an unusually large amount of urine in his body - about four times normal - which Mitchell interprets as a sign that Heidt's mental state was in distress. "There was no physical obstruction, nothing was affecting his bladder. It was a mental effect," Mitchell said.

I've never heard of that before. Has anyone else?

I have heard of this in torture situations where a person is told to hold their urine or there will be dire consequences. Actually in children that are abused this is quite common..they are given infinite amount of liquids ..then told to hold their pee..if not they will be beaten. This came out in many bizarre child abuse cases and abductions. The first case that came to my mind was that of Sybil.

I have heard of this in torture situations where a person is told to hold their urine or there will be dire consequences. Actually in children that are abused this is quite common..they are given infinite amount of liquids ..then told to hold their pee..if not they will be beaten. This came out in many bizarre child abuse cases and abductions. The first case that came to my mind was that of Sybil.
Ugh, childhood freaky movie I'm afraid. Thanks DD, that being said, are there any adult issues anyone is aware of at that level or bio-chemical reaons that would happen? Is it a comparative issue to other cases?

Video and entire statements at the below link:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S428411.shtml?cat=1

Police, FBI break silence about Jenkins case

STATEMENT FROM SPECIAL AGENT RICHARD KOLKO, WITH THE FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC:

STATEMENT FROM THE MINNEAPOLIS POLICE DEPARTMENT:

STATEMENT FROM LA CROSSE POLICE CHIEF EDWARD KONDRACKI:

I need to go back and watch the videos because I thought it was the spot where they believe the bodies went into the water is where the graffitti and smiley faces are. That would explain why local LE never saw them..they never traced back to the origin of where they went into water.

Help..someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. That's one of the main points that the reporter and the detectives made.

Thanks for the info regarding holding urine as a form of abuse. That's interesting and makes more sense than it's related to self induced stress of somesort.

Well , after the facts of alcohol as in BAC, I posted earlier, I'd like to ask the chief in LaCrosse how someone with a BAC of .44 can even walk much less make it to the river and plunge themselves in. At .44 regardless of weight or height they would have been on the verge of collapse.

So, how many more "drownings" will it take before the detectives are believed?

Like they told the one father...until they can get a photo or a video of them being placed in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow