Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so certain the sexual orientation would fit into this; however, it could be someone they would trust if offered a ride. AND, OR,....as has been stated, a GROUP that could surround them so they couldn't get away. There have been a few cases that the victim was able to let someone know 'people' were after them.

Just a thought,
fran

IMO, it is the fact that the entire victim pool, by our research and witness statements, are viewed (real of perceived) as extremely viril, hetero young men is the precise reason they are targeted. imho

I've been studying these disappearances over the past few days. I've personally accumulated almost 100 names of mysterious disappearances and drownings and I'm not even done.

Curious that they happen on the East Coast and MidWest, but not anywhere else. Oh, sure the others have one student missing over the specified period, but NOT in clusters such as this.

Because I've been able to accumulate so many missing and drowned, it's apparent these detectives are NOT including just about anyone. They have specifics in mind.

Who would have ever thought Joseph Duncan who lived in North Dakota, would go to MN to rent a car, go to MO to steal a license plate, go to Idaho and pick a family because he saw them playing in the yard, stalk and plot, MURDER the three adults and kidnap the two children? Who would have thought he'd take them to a camp ground and mistreat them? Who would have thought he'd film it!? Who would have thought he'd bring Dylan almost to the brink of death, and stop!? Filmed it over and over. The film is sooo graphic, the courts have ordered it to NEVER be publicized. NEVER!!

Could this be an organized group? Maybe
Could they leave their calling card? Could be
Could the 'smiley face' be the link? Who knows?

Maybe these are not ALL connected, but it does appear that SOME are. Maybe the localities have serial killers and have NOT connected the dots. Which ever is true, these deaths and disappearances need to stop. Whether it's the student's fault for stumbling drunk into the water, or the boogy man is getting them, people need to be aware.

Just a thought,
fran

FWIW, Jessee Ross and Mathew Soumakis stayed at the same hotel in Chicago.

While Soumakis was seen at a bar across from the hotel with an older bearded man, Jessee Ross just plain out disappeared.

There's another student who was also visiting in Chicago that disappeared or was found drowned.

Coincidence?

fran

Sup sleuths? WJ autopsy came up clear apparently. But they obviously didn't have Dr. G on the case. :mad:

drg.jpg

As someone who's lived in the ithaca community for 4 years, it seems unfathomable for someone to be murdered here, especially in this fashion. But damn it just doesn't make sense that he drowned in that puny little pond. He must have been completely stoned and wasted out of his mind. i'd like to know what they found in his blood but obviously they won't release that out of respect for the family.

Sup sleuths? WJ autopsy came up clear apparently. But they obviously didn't have Dr. G on the case. :mad:

drg.jpg

As someone who's lived in the ithaca community for 4 years, it seems unfathomable for someone to be murdered here, especially in this fashion. But damn it just doesn't make sense that he drowned in that puny little pond. He must have been completely stoned and wasted out of his mind. i'd like to know what they found in his blood but obviously they won't release that out of respect for the family.

I was reminded by my college friends that a serial killer by the name of Michael Bruce Ross began his career while a student at Cornell in 1981. There were a number of "suicides" during his time in Ithaca that were suspicious and some folks believe they were actually his handiwork.

Then there was the brutal murder of the Harris family in Ellis Hollow in 1990. A policeman fabricated evidence to suggest that the mother of the killer had also been at the crime scene. The killer was killed in a shoot out with police. The mother spent 18 months in jail before being exonerated. The policeman is now in jail.

So...Ithaca has some history with this stuff. Plenty of history with students landing in the water one way or another. When I was there a guy was walking home with his friends and decided to do a hand-stand on the railing of a bridge over Fall Creek. He screamed all the way to the bottom of the gorge.

A woman I worked with in the library was taking the "shortcut" along the Fall Creek Gorge and fell. She was found, alive but badly injured, a couple of days later.

The gorges are obviously dangerous, the pond not so much. But if he was somewhat drunk, very tired, especially after walking up that hill after a long night of partying, maybe he just collapsed into the water, sort of woke up but was disoriented, thrashed around and just sucked in a bunch of water. People often drown in shallow water if they are semi-conscious.

Kelly: Death of 2 men not tied to serial killer network
By Rocco Parascandola
May 1, 2008
There is "nothing to suggest" that two men who drowned in city waters a decade ago were slain by a nationwide network of serial killers, as two retired New York police detectives working for the families of the men have said, police Commissioner Ray Kelly said yesterday.

Lawrence Andrews, a 22-year-old landscaper from upstate Brewster, vanished on New Year's Eve 1996 after drinking near Grand Central Terminal. His body was pulled from the waters off the 69th Street Pier, in Bay Ridge, on Feb. 12, 1997.

Four days later, Fordham University student Patrick McNeill, 20, left an Upper East Side bar and disappeared, police said. His body was found April 7, near where Andrews' body was found.

The medical examiner's office determined that both men had drowned. Neither body had any signs of trauma.

[...]

A law enforcement source familiar with the FBI's review of the deaths said the detectives never told FBI agents about the smiley faces. The source also said such graffiti was commonplace during the late 1990s.

The detectives could not be reached for comment, nor could the families of Andrews and McNeill.
Full article: click here

LE and the FBI sound like a broken record. Maybe they need to get off their @zzes and actually investigate what happened instead of guess at it. They can stand there all day long and pull that same tired phrase out of their hats..."Neither body had any signs of trauma."...but they can't back up WHY there are no signs of trauma yet these boys are just as dead. Alcohol did not kill them so they need to actively pursue what did...which they have not done in any case, imo. I bet in neither of the cases above did LE check their computers and check out their rooms. You can't find other clues if you are not searching for them.

Late last night I was going through various blogs discussing this case. I don't remember specific sites and they all pretty much covered what we already know. But, time and time again WS was mentioned as the place to go to for, as one site put it, "workable" information. In other words, we are organized and have a good information database.

A special thanks to everyone for their hard work on this forum.
That is always good to hear, Suzi. :) Positive feedback from other sites helps to spread the word that WS is on the ball and people should pay attention! Are you listening LE?! LOL

Absolutely, SS. It was a good thing it wasn't snowing or they may have chalked it off to hypothermia! Sorr,y I'm just very angry at the response these cases get. Also just found out that the young girl who was recently murdered out in WI (Madison)had placed a 911 call that was ignored.

Yes, I heard about Zimmerman's call to 911. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. 911 center blames LE and LE blames the center. Another case that could have had a different outcome. :( (Evidently, it is Madison PD's policy not to respond to dropped cell phone calls.)

I am particularly distressed when they say they need to figure out if it would have made a difference.

I strongly feel the kids' computers should be checked over thoroughly. I imagine the parents would try to see to that.

Hopefully, the parents did consider it important and had someone go over the computers...but chances are it didn't happen. I know in the case of Jennifer Kesse...a digital camera that was in her apartment wasn't checked and contained photos which should have been out there in the beginning of the investigation. They accidently found the photos 2 years later!

With a lot of missing person cases I have noticed they don't work the last known place as a crime scene. This is a mistake.

Benjamin Klein, 21, was allegedly beaten by members of his fraternity, Zeta Beta Tau.

Alfred spokeswoman Susan Goetschius said the student’s death was not found to be a direct result of the beating, and charges have not been brought against the fraternity brothers who beat him.

“What we heard is that they [Klein and some fraternity brothers] divulged secrets [about the fraternity] at a chapter meeting in Syracuse,” Goetschius said.

Klein was officially reported missing the next day, and was found frozen and dead later that night just yards away from the backdoor of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house.

~snip~

Alfred experienced another death of a member of a local fraternity, Klan Alpine, in February 1978. This one was directly related to hazing.

“He [the student] was put in a trunk of a car with a six pack and a bottle of liquor and told to drink,” Goetschius said.

The student was found dead at the fraternity house.

But people such as Goetshcius said the vow of silence that goes along with Greek organizations also keeps the violations and illegal activity the organizations sometimes engage in secret.

http://badgerherald.com/news/2002/10/15/private_colleges_ban.php

Thursday, February 12, 2004
A Florida jury recently ordered two fraternity members to pay damages to the family of a fraternity pledge who drowned at the University of Miami at Florida in 2001.

The lawsuit stems from a 2001 incident at UM where two fraternity brothers from Kappa Sigma were swimming with a pledge, Chad Meredith, in a nearby lake. Meredith drowned, and his family sued on the grounds that he was a victim of hazing. An autopsy on Meredith’s body showed he was intoxicated at the time of his death.

http://badgerherald.com/news/2004/02/12/reparations_paid_to_.php

Thanks, Shadow. Hmmm...it isn't loading.
I'll try to find a transcript. In the mean time, here is the basic gist:
Sarah says she understands why the theory is unbelievable to most but...
  • They've seen most of the data
  • Detectives have strong facts
  • Knows motive but cannot disclose
  • Detectives are trying to get FBI to take a closer look and make arrests
  • Detectives know names of some individuals and their locations
In all, and imho, one of more interesting interviews that has come out since this theory hit MSM.

This is the same sister that let it slip that the man was in jail and hinted at who he was, correct? I wonder if the detectives are a bit concerned she is saying too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow