Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor soul, whoever it is, out there alone in "cactus country" all this time.

Whoever it is, I am always glad, in a sad way, when remains are found, as some loved one somewhere will at least have the body of their friend, family member back, and will no longer be left waiting in limbo to know if someone is alive or dead.

I hope there is evidence... Please let there be evidence, so this person can receive justice.

I want this to be Hailey. I do not believe she is alive. She needs to be found.

This has already been posted in Hailey Dunn's forum, but I wanted to add over here, as well, since LE has not yet released age, gender, or estimated date of death.

The FBI has joined this case. They have not yet recovered all the remains, as the area is apparently able to be accessed by foot.

Hopefully this will enable closure for a family.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/UPDATED-2-...nty/-/14769632/19352194/-/wqcooi/-/index.html

Family of Hailey Dunn On Their Way to Snyder 3/18/13

The family of Hailey Dunn are on their way to Snyder this afternoon.

Spokespeople for Hope for Hailey tell CBS 7 that the family will be in town by tonight.

They offered a statement saying, "We ask everyone to come together and pray for the family of whoever this body belongs. We are praying that it is not our Hailey. We appreciate the outpouring of kindness and prayers over the past two years."

Investigators from local and state law enforcement are still processing a crime scene where a body was found in Scurry County over the weekend.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=43062

-img2-Scurry-County-Body-3-18.jpg

GALLERY: Body found in Scurry County (9 PHOTOS)

http://www.ktxs.com/news/-/14769632/19358240/-/kcg9wcz/-/index.html

Well that pretty much matches with the area we were just pulling in the sar thread.

Why not send bones on ahead to begin DNA processing? It seems to take forever as it is.

Personally as fast as I would like an answer, I am glad LE is taking their time to attempt to gather every portion needed to form an entire skeleton. The more they have, the better they might be able to determine COD. It is assumed the remains were scattered by wildlife...heavens forbid someone did something more nefarious and the wildlife weren't the only ones to do so. What if the body had been buried first? I would imagine they are being careful in case there is other evidence that can be found upon careful scrutiny of the area.
Patience...2 yr and almost 3 months...a little more time...if it is our gal. In hopes of a big step towards justice.

seems like last time with that other body noone from the family paid much attention this time is different, does that send up flags?

Thinking out loud but looking at the map it wouldn't really be that far out of the way for SA to drop the body off before or after leaving work that morning. Maybe that's why he left so quickly the paranoia. It's really not that far away from WSI. And it's not uncommon to take back roads to get back to Dunn or Colorado City. This is Just my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly. And it really isn't that far from CC or Dunn. Remember the damage to the springs or undercarriage of Billie's car? Didn't she get rid of that car very soon after Hailey went missing because "something broke underneath the car?" I always thought SA went down some back roads. But then I would have bet a million dollars on the last remains found were Hailey just because of the proximity to his MOM's house. This is close proximity to his GRANDMA's house and also Billie's home. I will patiently wait to see what LE comes up with before I go spouting off my mouth. All Moo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member