Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just hung up from my sister, she said the body was found 18-20 miles from Haley's house and the bones are so scattered that is holding up on the determination of sex as they need the hip bones.

Also she said the 2 are still living together to her knowledge and that they pulled a sneaky and moved out seperately and both are residing with her mother in Austin.

I was hoping to see a mention of long hair found as a possible clue.:what::please:

Hey all - I just saw this story in my email - wow!

From reading the thread I see that people on FB haven't changed at all - still spreading confusion and drawing attention to themselves. This case has been a nightmare of that since the beginning and I would advise any newcomers here that you shouldn't believe half the stuff you read on those pages. That lake story was ridiculous, and even the poster said it probably had nothing to do with Hailey (disturbed earth - armadillo hole? gopher? rabbit hole?).

I believe Haley had some jewelry she always wore, so I'm hoping they find that. And her sandals/shoes/whatever - if she had any.

I bet police took their time and did a grid search since the body/bones were scattered by scavengers.

I'm wondering if the locals can say whether the brushfires passed through that area? Even so, I still think they can DNA from the teeth or bones. They may be looking for the skull above all.

I'm fascinated that the family is headed there - I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am not sure why they come...what I mean to say is BD moved away from the only place Hailey would know to go to if she was able to. What is the point of high tailin' it back to CCity when a body is found and one that could take days, weeks, maybe months to identify? I don't understand. BD all but erased Hailey in the first few months, changed Hailey's bedroom, painted the inside of the house, bought new furniture....continued to live with the POI in her daughter's disappearance, lied to the police about his whereabouts, the last person to see Hailey alive. Maybe a psychological expert could chime in because I don't understand and I really want to.

I thought the whole family lived there. Did her dad move away too? tia

just hung up from my sister, she said the body was found 18-20 miles from Haley's house and the bones are so scattered that is holding up on the determination of sex as they need the hip bones.

Also she said the 2 are still living together to her knowledge and that they pulled a sneaky and moved out seperately and both are residing with her mother in Austin.

I honestly dont think they are living together. Recently they went to a mushroomhead concert the same weekend but different venues/towns. On facebook they have been pretty vicious about each other trying to throw each other under the bus. As for Connie O she may live in Austin but I believe she lives with her son in Snyder.

Oh no. When was it found? I hope it's her and I hope it's not her... kwim? Oh sweet Hailey.

I honestly dont think they are living together. Recently they went to a mushroomhead concert the same weekend but different venues/towns. On facebook they have been pretty vicious about each other trying to throw each other under the bus. As for Connie O she may live in Austin but I believe she lives with her son.
Where are the Facebook links that are being read where BD and SA are trashing each other ? Tia I am always skeptical when people say on Facebook this and that !

Do you have any co-ordinates?

When I get home and can get on that computer I can post them. Basically if you turn onto 3236, cross the cattleguard and then go 500 ft maybe on the lake side of the road there appears to be a white trailer (large). There is also a trailer that looks like it in the pix the media has posted where the LE vehicles are parked.

Sarz, What I see in picture 4 is LE vehicles coming across what we call here in Texas a "cattle guard". I don't see any cattle guards on CR 3236. I am wondering now if they are up one of the side roads down 3236. I can't identify where there is a sign to the lake and a cattle guard with tall poles. Still looking on GE.

Where are the Facebook links that are being read where BD and SA are trashing each other ? Tia I am always skeptical when people say on Facebook this and that !

One was Search and Destroy. The other I believe was called The Truth about Hailey but was renamed and I am not sure of the new name. The admins no longer post on that page and I have no idea if what Billle said on there is still on there. Shawn started trashing Billie on one page so she went to Search and Destroy( where she was an admin) and trashed him. The other time was on the Truth page. The problem IMO is when Billie gets on these pages she gets so mad and kind of speaks without thinking ;)

Sarz, What I see in picture 4 is LE vehicles coming across what we call here in Texas a "cattle guard". I don't see any cattle guards on CR 3236. I am wondering now if they are up one of the side roads down 3236. I can't identify where there is a sign to the lake and a cattle guard with tall poles. Still looking on GE.

I can't find the cattle guard in Google Earth, but it's very plain in Google Maps. The sign is clear too:

http://goo.gl/maps/H4LuQ

Ok, wondering if what I'm seeing isn't what I think I'm seeing being that I'm seeing it on my phone. Time to wait til I can actually get on a real screen.

I think that is a sign also. I really think the white trailer might be a crime scene mobile lab or something. Maybe a trailer to bring back a large piece of evidence or something. The terrain looks "off" to me in the maps, but maybe that is because of the scale of the pictures vs. GE.

Trying to compare the road width to the white thing on my lil screen and yes, looks to be too small.

I don't think the trailer is connected to LE though, they wouldn't have taken it off road like that when all the other vehicles are on the road. It may be new since the google shots (maybe connected to the power/oil/etc?).

So, alas, still not sure where on 3236 they are.

Trying to compare the road width to the white thing on my lil screen and yes, looks to be too small.

I don't think the trailer is connected to LE though, they wouldn't have taken it off road like that when all the other vehicles are on the road. It may be new since the google shots (maybe connected to the power/oil/etc?).

So, alas, still not sure where on 3236 they are.

The Scurry county line is only 2.3 miles down CR 3236 from FM 1298, so we know the remains are no further than 2.3 miles which is not too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow