Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt this is CM's idea. This has nothing to do with Marinade Dave or his blog. It only took watching one court appearance for me to determine Mason has a big ego, thinks he is superior, and deserves to be treated as such. It was obvious to me, Judge Stickland does not intend to give Mason any special treatment. CM has his sites on another Judge he thinks he can intimidate into getting what he wants.IMO

Yes I agree. I remember how CM was at his very appearance on this case...the part where Mason trying to play good old boy and said something like "you can trust me" and JS just sat there all business like and not buying into the game.

I am sure Mason has some other judges in mind that he has a better repertoire with.

Paragraph 6 in the MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISQUALIFY TRIAL JUDGE.

"Judge Strickland has made off the record comments to both the prosecution and Miss Anthony's defense lawyers that he (the judge) would like to wait until after his re election is over to set the trial date in Miss Anthony's case." This does not surprise me either.

My personal opinion is that the reason JS would say he would like to wait until after his re-election is that way, IF he wasn't re-elected, we would need a new judge to preside and basically cause a major delay while the newly named replacement was brought up to speed.

I don't think his motivation was politically driven, rather efficiency minded for all parties.

Still reading this thread, if mentioned already...sorry.

I think I know the answer to this.

Are these the same signature? The one on the left is from AH's check. The one on the right from the document re: JS today.

These signatures don't look like they are signed by the same person and with the notary stamp that is expired could this have been done on purpose?

Did KC really sign this document or did someone else?

Casey's "new" signature copies the style of Baez. She watched him sign documents and changed her signature...remember she is a Chameleon.

In my state of disbelief when I saw this thread title, I hurriedly skimmed the motion. I did not see that. I cannot even begin to imagine what Marinade Dave could offer that is even remotely relevant in determining whether Casey Anthony murdered her daughter.

Disgust is shifting to anger for me in re. the defense tactics in this case. Enough already. Begin the freakin' discovery process and MOVE ALONG. So now the Judge has tire-tracks down his back, too?! I'm sick of it. Granted, it was not one of JS's best moments, but this is a CHEAP SHOT. I am convinced this is Cheney Mason's doings, so I am not holding out a lot of hope that I am going to gain any more respect for the defense team in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the link to the JEAC opinion. Interesting.

Excuse me for quoting myself, but I re-read the motion -

From paragraph 1, section f:
Mr. Knechel has also been interviewed by investigators working for the prosecution and may well be a witness in this case.

My question is --- should we expect the SA to file a response to this motion?

Casey's "new" signature copies the style of Baez. She watched him sign documents and changed her signature...remember she is a chemelian(sp)

I notices that too, KC's & Baez's seen to be very similar in style and pen pressure. Is it legal for a lawyer to sign for her client if he fact did sign in both places?

I disagree with you completely. Strickland has not done anything improper, nor anything that would give the appearance of impropriety. He will not and should not recuse himself.

He also is not dumb enough to blindly rule against the defense. He has and will continue to bend over backwards to assure that Casey gets a fair and unbiased trial.

Actually, calling Dave was the appearance of impropriety to the MOVANT and telling him his blog was one of the best and that he was very fair in his blog. These things could APPEAR to the MOVANT as improprietary acts even though they are perfectly innocent. Thus they must avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Marinade Dave is the media, for all intents and purposes...and the court is not going to give the defense a PERFECT excuse for an appeal. :banghead:

I am one of His Honor's biggest fans...and will HATE to see him go...but I am afraid that is exactly what we will see...

I disagree with you completely. Strickland has not done anything improper, nor anything that would give the appearance of impropriety. He will not and should not recuse himself.

He also is not dumb enough to blindly rule against the defense. He has and will continue to bend over backwards to assure that Casey gets a fair and unbiased trial.

I agree. It will be obvious what the defense is doing. They don't have a defense, just an offense against the judge, SA, jail, etc. Sooner or later they'll have to go to trial right?? lol

Is it unethical of him to have friends?
No, it isn't. This is much ado about nothing. Massaging the massive ego of MD and that of Baez. Strickland is an intelligent fair minded judge who is doing everything humanly possible to assure Casey gets a fair trial. He is all about the law and justice and Baez is a fool for wanting him to recuse himself. No one else would have given the scabies backed woman this much fairness.

Iwould have expected this from JB but not new guy.....He should know better..

I think that the old man has a ego just as big as Baez does. I think they are cut out of the same cloth. I wonder if he is having fun yet!!!!!!

I agree. It will be obvious what the defense is doing. They don't have a defense, just an offense against the judge, SA, jail, etc. Sooner or later they'll have to go to trial right?? lol
They hope by attacking Strickland he will begin to show bias. He won't. He is a fair minded jurist and will follow the law to the letter and the spirit of the law.

They are using the spaghetti defense and it isn't working.

They can delay all they want, right now it is like pushing a trud uphill but next year, in May it will be like a turd ball rolling downhill gathering speed as it moves.

No, it isn't. This is much ado about nothing. Massaging the massive ego of MD and that of Baez. Strickland is an intelligent fair minded judge who is doing everything humanly possible to assure Casey gets a fair trial. He is all about the law and justice and Baez is a fool for wanting him to recuse himself. No one else would have given the scabies backed woman this much fairness.
He absolutely HAS been super fair, but that isn't the point. This motion is about the appearance of the thing, or what it could be interpreted as...not about what it is...and unfortunately, the terms of the motion do not even allow the judge to address the accusations re: truth/untruth...he must simply either remove himeself (and this is a win for the defense because it APPEARS as if the judge removed himself for impropriety) or he does not remove himself (and this is also a win for the defense because then they can levy up "charges" of bias against him all throughout the trial and then have grounds for appeal.)

Although the judge did absolutely nothing wrong...it could be interpreted differently by KC...and apparently according to the statutes, that is the only person who matters in this instance. If SHE perceives that his relationship with the media could inhibit a fair trial? It seems that is enough...sadly.

I think that the old man has a ego just as big as Baez does. I think they are cut out of the same cloth. I wonder if he is having fun yet!!!!!!

He did say when he came onboard that he thought this case would be "fun".
I guess this motion could be considered his "fun."
Too bad Caylee and the rest of us were looking for "justice" not "fun."

Actually, calling Dave was the appearance of impropriety to the MOVANT and telling him his blog was one of the best and that he was very fair in his blog. These things could APPEAR to the MOVANT as improprietary acts even though they are perfectly innocent. Thus they must avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Marinade Dave is the media, for all intents and purposes...and the court is not going to give the defense a PERFECT excuse for an appeal. :banghead:

I am one of His Honor's biggest fans...and will HATE to see him go...but I am afraid that is exactly what we will see...
MD is a private ego, I mean citizen. Just because Strickland is a nice guy, doesn't negate his ability as a fair minded jurist. Baez is just tossing spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks.

Strickland will not recuse himself, nor should he.

I don't understand why you used caps for movant???

MD is a private ego, I mean citizen. Just because Strickland is a nice guy, doesn't negate his ability as a fair minded jurist. Baez is just tossing spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks.

Dave is hardly a private citizen. He has blogged and made videos and done interviews and is a constant presence online in this case. And this is not about the reality of Judge Strickland, it is about the appearance that they have concocted out of his actions and the appearance CAN be interpreted two ways...It is open to interpretation and therefore, the Judge WILL in all likelihood, recuse. It will be up to his superior to guide him along with this decision...and his superior is not going to do anything to even appear as if KC was denied a fair and impartial trial, and if that means His Honor steps down? That is just what it will mean.

It does not mean the judge DID anything wrong...it means what he did COULD be interpreted that way, especially by the movant, none other than KC...

In answer to your last question? Emphasis...just plain old ordinary emphasis...see how things can be misinterpreted? :blushing:

I notices that too, KC's & Baez's seen to be very similar in style and pen pressure. Is it legal for a lawyer to sign for her client if he fact did sign in both places?

The signature was notarized as to the authenticity ("Personally appeared before me...."). In plain English, Cheney Mason swore that is Casey Anthony's signature. At least that is my understanding.

Anyone check out the visitor logs? I'm off to bed, but if anyone is up to it, look for a visit from CM betwen 4/12 - 4/16.

My personal opinion is that the reason JS would say he would like to wait until after his re-election is that way, IF he wasn't re-elected, we would need a new judge to preside and basically cause a major delay while the newly named replacement was brought up to speed.

I don't think his motivation was politically driven, rather efficiency minded for all parties.

Still reading this thread, if mentioned already...sorry.
I don't believe Strickland said that about waiting until after the elections. I would have to see and hear him say it. He is not stupid and would never, ever say such a stupid thing. Any links anyone?

magic-cat, I am soooo understanding what you're saying. It is not what he did. It is the "appearance" of what he did that may come under question.

Obviously the defense can do anything at all to get their client off the hook. Actions don't count, let alone "appearances."

magic-cat, I am soooo understanding what you're saying. It is not what he did. It is the "appearance" of what he did that may come under question.

Obviously the defense can do anything at all to get their client off the hook. Actions don't count, let alone "appearances."
Thanks...it IS soooooooo unfair, but in the end, as long as their is a trial and there is a judge sitting on the bench ruling by the letter of the law, as judges tend to do? KC will get what is coming to her. It will be heartbreaking if Judge Strickland does not get to see it to its finish...but if that will keep that monster from gaining a new trial on appeal? Then let it be...:banghead:

I just have developed a new and entirely more noxious hatred for the defense team of KC Anthony...they are despicable in every way and my only comfort is in knowing what goes around does indeed come around and theirs is coming for them as surely as the sun rises each morning... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23