Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not at all surprised by the bad behavior of MD. What stuns me is that a judge, particularly a judge in a trial the entire nation is watching, with rapt interest, would put himself in the position where his judgment and impartiality COULD be maligned.

I've got to wonder what he was thinking. He knows how big this case is and that everyone is watching his every move, word, ruling.

Just wondering... was anybody bothered at the time that he said it? Or is it only bothering some people now, that the defense has filed a motion. Are proponents of this nonsense sitting around waiting for other people to point out things they now claim they are offended by and shouldn't have been said TWO YEARS AGO ?

Nonsense. This whole entire thing is sheer and utter nonsense. More finger pointing. More delays. More nonsense. This Casey Anthony person needs to have somebody sit her down and just yell right in her darn face STOP IT! JUST STOP IT, YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PERSON, YOU !! Ugh, I'm so infuriated.

:furious::furious::furious:

I pointed this out recently. Less than two weeks ago and prior to this motion about the Judge's statement. I pointed out the Md recent video of the crime scene being slanted about a week ago. I personally have been upset by the Judge's statement for a long long time. I do not see it as nonsense at all. The Judge can react to it as he pleases. It something that needed to be pointed out. IMO

Okay kids, it is patently clear that no one is going to change anyone's opinion on whether the judge is partial/impartial or should have made the casey-truth statement or shouldn't have. We are all firmly entrenched here. So let's just agree to disagree and end the back and forth. It is ovious that neither side of the issue is going to move and change their opinion this late in the debate.

The CH 13 copy is the one that appears to have been provided them before it was even filed.

The WFTV copy is stamped as being received the the Court.

Note the differences in not only KC's sig....but Mason's as well.....
View attachment 8899

View attachment 8900

I see CM's signature as pretty much the same. Attorney's often scribble their signature but key points look the same to me. KC's is not her true signature so it will probably always look different. Her normal signature is to write her name out in full.

According to the statute the info discovered that causes the bias must be complained about within 10 days of the discovery. The statement about KC and the truth was WAY more than 10 days before this complaint was made, and also the blog compliment was WAY more than ten days before as was the Bar Complaint that was passed on by his honor. NONE of those things meet the LEGAL REQUIREMENTS of reporting it within 10 days. So all they have is a phone call wishing a blogger to feel better? They don't have a thing!!!

MOTION PLEASE BE DENIED!!! It is completely legally insufficient as far as I can see. These things are all WAY back in the past-not ten days.

It is my opinion that many in the majority are basing their opinion of the Judge being fair on what the Judge has not done. For instance, not holding Jb in contempt for not being prepared for a hearing. Jb brought back the material in camera and the Judge was satisfied. There are also some that claim Jb should be in trouble for the way he types up motions. I know of nothing in the constitution of the U.S. that requires you to have good writing skills. The Judge can be as angry as he wants, but he is still bound to look at Kc right to a fair trial. I don't want Kc to be convicted because the Judge is mad at Jb, lets get it right. I hope the Lawyers do weigh in about the patience issue. If a Judge loses his patience, how is that fair to KC?

Okay, as a person with a Masters in English and who teaches remedial writing and grammar courses, that has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard about writing skills. It's attitudes like that that make people think bad grammar and writing skills are okay, when they are, in fact, NOT. I would not want a lawyer working for me that can't write better than a second grader in his motions. Writing skills are of the utmost importance in today's society for respect as well as good communication. People are denied scholarships, entrance into particular programs of study, promotions, and even jobs for not knowing how to write. I doubt you would respect anyone in your own field that couldn't spell correctly or put a sentence together. IMO good writing skills are good common sense and don't need to be stated as a law or in the constitution. If that were the case, I'd be out of a job and would worry about the future of our nation.

Sorry for the OT.

I see CM's signature as pretty much the same. Attorney's often scribble their signature but key points look the same to me. KC's is not her true signature so it will probably always look different. Her normal signature is to write her name out in full.

The point I am trying to make is that this is supposed to be the SAME document. If it were the same........the two would be identical. KWIM? There are differences in Mason's sig though subtle....they are there. There are obvious differences in KC's.

So the question I have is ....If these are from the same page of the same doc...one filed with the court, and the other slipped to CH13 ahead of time....why are there any differences at all?????????? Which one is "forged"?

I am not at all surprised by the bad behavior of MD. What stuns me is that a judge, particularly a judge in a trial the entire nation is watching, with rapt interest, would put himself in the position where his judgment and impartiality COULD be maligned.

I've got to wonder what he was thinking. He knows how big this case is and that everyone is watching his every move, word, ruling.

He did not do anything improper. He is a judge, it is his court room. The fact that he did it right in front of everyone is proof there was nothing wrong. If he called MD and discussed the case with MD in length....that is improper. Just for the judge to speak with someone in his courtroom, they do it all the time. No amount of hissy fitting on Ms. Anthony's part will benefit her in the long run. She has a fair judge and now someone will be putting the hammer down on her legal team because the next judge will not be so friendly, will be on alert and will not put up with any more BS from defense. Watch the smile disappear off her face in the upcoming hearings. She will not be happy. JMO

Okay, as a person with a Masters in English and who teaches remedial writing and grammar courses, that has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard about writing skills. It's attitudes like that that make people think bad grammar and writing skills are okay, when they are, in fact, NOT. I would not want a lawyer working for me that can't write better than a second grader in his motions. Writing skills are of the utmost importance in today's society for respect as well as good communication. People are denied scholarships, entrance into particular programs of study, promotions, and even jobs for not knowing how to write. I doubt you would respect anyone in your own field that couldn't spell correctly or put a sentence together. IMO good writing skills are good common sense and don't need to be stated as a law or in the constitution. If that were the case, I'd be out of a job and would worry about the future of our nation.

Sorry for the OT.
I agree with you completely! Any freshman at college is taught in the most basic courses that grammar is the keystone of all writing, and this is so in ALL courses where writing is a necessity, such as Psychology, Sociology, History, ALL forms of English of course, and LAW? Well that one goes without saying, since an English degree is an excellent foundation for a LAW degree to follow. English and also grammar are as HUGE a part of LAW as a career as fish are to a fisherman. It is VITAL to have the proper skills.

OT and sorry...this is one of my pet-peeves. :)

The point I am trying to make is that this is supposed to be the SAME document. If it were the same........the two would be identical. KWIM? There are differences in Mason's sig though subtle....they are there. There are obvious differences in KC's.

So the question I have is ....If these are from the same page of the same doc...one filed with the court, and the other slipped to CH13 ahead of time....why are there differences at all??????????

obviously the copies of the motion were made prior to signature and notarization rather than after as is customary. or, perhaps the one fed to news outlet was going to be an unsigned copy and the signatures were added later as an afterthought to negate anyone questioning whether it was truly a defense generated document. Unfortunately those siggy differences plus the expired notary seal used only served to make the doc provided to WFTV look suspect rather than original.

So the question I have is ....If these are from the same page of the same doc...one filed with the court, and the other slipped to CH13 ahead of time....why are there differences at all??????????

There shouldn't be any differences. Theory CONFIRMED, imo

Casey maybe using her movie star signature and trying out different styles at this point..Just kidding of course..

So the question I have is ....If these are from the same page of the same doc...one filed with the court, and the other slipped to CH13 ahead of time....why are there any differences at all?????????? Which one is "forged"?

Ohhhhhhh, now I see the light. Or why would there be a need to sign them twice????

If it was a xeroxed copy? It would be exactly the same...so why have the defendant sign a completely different copy for the press? Hmmm....:waitasec: The more we dig the hinkier this thing gets. Hinkier and hinkier on this merry-go-round better known as KC Anthonys defense.

He did not do anything improper. He is a judge, it is his court room. The fact that he did it right in front of everyone is proof there was nothing wrong. If he called MD and discussed the case with MD in length....that is improper. Just for the judge to speak with someone in his courtroom, they do it all the time. No amount of hissy fitting on Ms. Anthony's part will benefit her in the long run. She has a fair judge and now someone will be putting the hammer down on her legal team because the next judge will not be so friendly, will be on alert and will not put up with any more BS from defense. Watch the smile disappear off her face in the upcoming hearings. She will not be happy. JMO

I am in agreement Lambchop, the casey/truth statement was entirely appropriate.

What I am surprised by is the judge putting himself in the position where his interaction with a blogger who is very unfavorable to Casey could call him into question. I am not making a judgment as to what his interaction was or whether it proves bias. I am simply stating that I am surprised this experienced judge fell into this pitfall with the blogger.

Reminder...........

This thread is to discuss the motion, issues pertaining to items and parties discussed in the motion, and the thoughts pertaining to the motion. That is all.

I think you all know I am a patient. That said......some of this nonsense is wearing on my patience. Please get off the merry go round. I just ate and all the spinning is nauseating.

any thoughts on my post #961 sleuther? I woud value your input and theorizing on the reasons behind the siggy differences between the two docs.

The motion is insufficient in its claims. The defense knew what Judge Strickland said at KC's bond hearing the day of that hearing. They said not a word then did they? Not a word. The complaint passed on to the bar by Judge Strickland happened over a year ago, and they, the defense was aware of this as well and they made no motion to recuse based on that discovery at that time. They did not bring it up. The blogger being called to the bench happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DEFENSE and six months ago. He blogged about it only three days after the hearing. He has given Jose his card and was in a dialogue with Brad Conway in that hearing so they very obviously were aware of him at that point. And nobody called attention to it whatsoever. NOW, the phone call is all that is left. A phone call wishing a blogger get well wishes that has not a thing to do with KC Anthony?

Again, they have absolutely nothing. There is no grounds for this motion to have been filed. It is ridiculous and utterly without merit.

Ok went back and found a 4th signature of KC. This is taken from ZFG AND KC Defendant's Answer to Plaintiff 1/30/2009.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-19 at 10.57.15 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-04-19 at 10.57.15 AM.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics