Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was public about Dave getting a call from JS, was it? Did they just find out about it thru Jeremy's interview of Dave?

I also don't like the way Jeremy interviewed him. Trying to get all buddy-buddy so he could worm info out of him.

And I REALLY don't like the way the transcribed interview is EDITED. Off-topic conversation, my A$$. :furious:

I might be recalling it completely wrong, but I think that right after MD was summoned to the bench by JS ( like a couple of days later) Dave was admitted to hospital and JS called to wish him well.
None of this was hidden - Dave wrote about it.
Edit to add- the original conversation happened while microphones were still on, and other people were still milling around in the Courtroom, so it was quite public.

In the filing, there was also a claim that JS has made mention to a few people (I think it said someone on the defense team, as well...I just skimmed it and could be incorrect on that part)...that he (JS) was interested in trying this case after his re-election; so the defense claims the judge has political motivations as he conducts this case.

:furious:

I see where the confusion starts.

Mike Brooks said "...if it is him, in fact, writing on this blog". Then JVM says "it's not so much that he wrote on the blog, it's that apparently he had a conversation allegedly with this "Marinade Dave"..."

They are more concerned with the personal conversation, the complimenting of "MD"!

Beth Karas says it is "maybe" his duty to read blogs. After all, he will be deciding on a change of venue. But to engage with, to write, or more importantly speak to a blogger is probably crossing the line. Mike Brooks says don't jump to conclusions until investigation over. Kim P says judge should NEVER have ex parte convos with these people about a case he is hearing.

Additionally.....as far as a get well soon call being made...........I'll wait for the cell phone records before I assume that to be fact.

I can't wait for Karma to smack JB flat on his back for good.

I might be recalling it completely wrong, but I think that right after MD was summoned to the bench by JS ( like a couple of days later) Dave was admitted to hospital and JS called to wish him well.
None of this was hidden - Dave wrote about it.
Edit to add- the original conversation happened while microphones were still on, and other people were still milling around in the Courtroom, so it was quite public.

The after-hospital call was in Feb 2010, according to the PI. The court convo was Oct 2009, IIRC.

Anyone know if JB is going turn this in (his investagation)to the State of FL to be reimbursed...

What investigation did he have to do, other than read Dave's blog- it's all right there for anyone to see?

What's impressed me the most about JS is not only his fairness but his smarts. There is no way I believe that JS suddenly left his brains at the door of his chambers and did anything that would compromise his status as presiding judge. If he complimented Marinade Dave, it's because he knew that there was absolutely no problem in doing so and he wasn't crossing any line. Further, because of the impeccable judgment he's shown thus far, I have a feeling when all is said and done, there will be no issues for appeal. Let the investigation begin.

This IS Cheney's move, not Baez's. Way too much case law cited for it to be Baez. :)

The PI, Jeremy Lyon's, also says he reported to Cheney after talking to Dave.

So, now we are seeing Cheney's approach to this case. Not really different than the past. Attack everything else, because there's no other way to get their client off. :furious::furious::furious:

I think you're right ... this may just be the types of things Cheney will be working on. Getting the judge that would be best for them, or at least trying to and using this on appeal if they do not win the motion ... I imagine things like getting evidence throw out, like the duct tape being contaminated, finding any kind of impropriety or perceived impropriety, loophole or trick to derail the process ... I expect Cheney will be working on getting the letters thrown out based on it being a setup by LE and the guards ... I think he'll be working on building a case for appeal, but I could be wrong

I'm so disappointed that it still seems that no one has been able to reason with their client and put this to rest ... I guess it's not going to happen even with Mason on board ... uggghh

I don't think it was public about Dave getting a call from JS, was it? Did they just find out about it thru Jeremy's interview of Dave?

I also don't like the way Jeremy interviewed him. Trying to get all buddy-buddy so he could worm info out of him.

And I REALLY don't like the way the transcribed interview is EDITED. Off-topic conversation, my A$$. :furious:

You're right MM - It was not public about the phone call, that has come out in the interview. The investigator comes across as SO smarmy. I too wonder what was in the OFF Topic conversations. Hmmm

I have no doubt this is CM's idea. This has nothing to do with Marinade Dave or his blog. It only took watching one court appearance for me to determine Mason has a big ego, thinks he is superior, and deserves to be treated as such. It was obvious to me, Judge Stickland does not intend to give Mason any special treatment. CM has his sites on another Judge he thinks he can intimidate into getting what he wants.IMO

The after-hospital call was in Feb 2010, according to the PI. The court convo was Oct 2009, IIRC.
Exactly! So why are they just now filing? Did the lightbulb just go off in JB's head? Just goes to show how s l o w he is. :crazy:

I hate to say this, but JS may have made an error. No way do I think he did something wrong - but even the 'appearance of doing wrong' could be an issue. Honestly, I don't think he should have called Dave up to the bench after the hearing, I don't think he should have chatted with him about his blog, and he sure as heck should not have called him, if he did, in February.

This is a major new issue and, again I hate saying this, but the defense has a point this time. I guess it all boils down to did Dave 'embellish' anything about the calls and what was said.

Not good, in my opinion, not good at all.

Court Hearing 16 Oct 2009

JS asks to speak to MD

Mark 4.34

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWIO_luem4&feature=related[/ame]

Yes, the questions were very leading and WTH is with the editing? So far, all we have is Dave's version of their "relationship" ...
All of the defense's "witnesses" of late scream of desperation ... IMO

What investigation did he have to do, other than read Dave's blog- it's all right there for anyone to see?

Right, I only called it an investigation cause I heard them say on JVM that JB & Co just completed their investigation. I was wondering if he was going to try to get the State to pay for "his time" he wasted on this.

I hate to say this, but JS may have made an error. No way do I think he did something wrong - but even the 'appearance of doing wrong' could be an issue. Honestly, I don't think he should have called Dave up to the bench after the hearing, I don't think he should have chatted with him about his blog, and he sure as heck should not have called him, if he did, in February.

This is a major new issue and, again I hate saying this, but the defense has a point this time. I guess it all boils down to did Dave 'embellish' anything about the calls and what was said.

Not good, in my opinion, not good at all.

I feel the same why you do, and will be very disappointed if JS has to recuse himself. However, I think if JS is removed - that down the road the defense is going to regret ever asking for his removal. JS has put up with a lot of nonsense from the defense, and I don't think other judges would put up with half the BS JB has pulled.

How about the actual case law cited in the Memo of Law? Is it applicable?

I'm interested to see how well Cheney knows his Florida case law.

I am anxious to see how this is dealt with, too in re. case law.

I am currently taking an CE course in ESI (Electronically Stored Information) and metadata mining in re. law. It is a freakin' minefield out there....most courts are having to set precedent. Since studying ESI discovery in detail, I am beginning to believe that every attorney needs an IT consultant on their staff.

Although, in this instance, it is more about JS maintaining contact with a blogger and offering his opinion on his specific site. I love JS, but must admit, talking to Dave, then calling him is not one of his finer moments. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic