Defense Conversation on the Net

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been watching ICA today during jury selection and she is portraying herself as the "broken-hearted girlfriend". She is keeping her head down, her hair falls in her face, perhaps some fake tears and noticeably she has seated herself between the two female attorneys.

Seems the "spat" is still ongoing with JB.

The relationship between Baez and KC has always been an inappropriate one. No wonder Mrs. Baez has no interest in this case; she either looks the other way and stays married, or takes one look at Baez and his crazy-eyed young soul-mate and ends up in divorce court.

I am sickened, to say the least.

That would certainly be an improvement.

Although with the choice of age, was that a warning that he was going to kill her, stuff her in the trunk of his car and not tell anyone for a month?

LOL! This has got to be the POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Particularly telling was that feeling some had that she wants to talk to the judge. I guarantee that that conversation will not be to plea out.

When was this? You got video link.

Thanks

When was this? You got video link.

Thanks

It was an impression that some observers had when she came back in from that little trip to the side room. She seemed to be radiating that she wanted a word with somebody. of course it could simply be that she wanted to plead her case of "not feeling well" to a higher authority after JB told her to "suck it up and get on the school bus". So to speak.

It was an impression that some observers had when she came back in from that little trip to the side room. She seemed to be radiating that she wanted a word with somebody. of course it could simply be that she wanted to plead her case of "not feeling well" to a higher authority after JB told her to "suck it up and get on the school bus". So to speak.

Cheers,

Was the trip to the sideroom the one when she had the hand problems?

(There is so many observations and rumours its hard to keep track!)

Cheers,

Was the trip to the sideroom the one when she had the hand problems?

(There is so many observations and rumours its hard to keep track!)

I missed every thing today but it seems she had that sidetrip in the morning, then the hand sidetrip in the evening. I want to see a clip of the morning one.

I missed every thing today but it seems she had that sidetrip in the morning, then the hand sidetrip in the evening. I want to see a clip of the morning one.

Ahh the hissy fit? I have been trying to find a link of that without avail. PLEASE if you find it PM me a copy of the link

I'm not sure I believe there is some major rift going on between ICA and Baez. I do believe they had a disagreement, yesterday, when he said "you're acting like a two year old", but I don't think that is indicative of their entire relationship. I think that the main reason Casey is sitting between the female lawyers, is that I'm sure Baez & Mason have been reading things on the internet, and I'm sure they have read people's expressions of distaste at all the fawning, back-rubbing etc. that was going on.

Well, been readin and thinkin. She does have a thang for him but if he hadn't been so greedy to be famous then he wouldn't be in this mess. At one point he decided he better git it together (I think if was when HHJP came aboard) and JB had to quit pussyfootin around and do his job. Am sur CM has given him some "wisdom". JB is a babe in the woods.

ICA should have been reined in early on. JB laid the ground work and this is where screwed up. He realizes it is a big plate full of doodoo he dun jumped in but he seems to be tryin to be more serious now---he cant expect ICA to change the way she is---she needs to be lead gently into this---mold her.

She acts the way she is guided---he should have stopped all that playin around e-time they were in the court room----now he has just left her hangin by a thread and she dont know how to act---he has confused her. Somebody better start guiding her fast or we will see some nasty stuff durin this trial. It might be to late. She doesn't know how to act.

Guess I am talkin in circles.

This behavior of JB and KC is sure a 180 from the old days when they would have little pen fights and giggles at the defense table, isn't it?

This behavior of JB and KC is sure a 180 from the old days when they would have little pen fights and giggles at the defense table, isn't it?

There is such worry over leaked conversation, when before our very eyes..
melodrama. :banghead:

For those fascinated by the interplay between ICA and Baez (I know I am) I've come across another section that bears watching again. The reason I'm so interested in this is because
1. I think the relationship between ICA and Baez is deteriorating
2. ICA is not a client the defense is able to control for the length of the trial
3. ICA seems to be using the classic "divide and conquer" technique on her attorneys all for reasons which seem unfathomable but I can only surmise that this is ICA at her game playing best
4. I honestly believe that ICA believes that something special is going on between her and Baez
5. This will come back later to haunt Baez when/if he is accused of improper conduct with his client by his client.
6. I think Baez is fully aware that this scenario is coming and could by why his visits to ICA have dwindled down to virtually nothing, I don't think he visits her alone anymore either.

Okay, so we have seen yesterdays spat and then the carry on this morning, ICA was obviously unhappy with her seating arrangements and treatment by Baez, she complained to Mason and Finnell about Baez, Mason went to talk to Baez to smooth over troubled waters so then Baez approached ICA and ICA's response to Baez caused Sims to immediately tell ICA to stop what ever she was saying. The Judge entered the courtroom thus putting an end, for now, to what was happening.

Later in the day when the new jury pool was to be brought in everyone gets up to move their seats to the opposite side of the table. This is what I see next starting at the 2.49 mark:

1. ICA gets up to move her things, Finnell kind of interrupts and motions to Mason and Baez for ICA to sit up with them, Baez must put the kibosh on it and Mason just shrugs his shoulders, you can see ICA motioning to Mason to move down but he won't
2. Eventually Finnell comes back and tells her to sit next to her which she does but she looks very unhappy
3. As the Judge is asking if the state is ready and if the defense is ready, ICA shoots Baez a look that is so sad and forlorn it's quite startling. The look is at mark 4.18.

ICA is so unhappy by what I can only imagine is her feeling that Baez is ignoring her - she's so upset and she looks ready to cry and not because the charges are going to be read out again to another jury pool but by what is happening between her and Baez. Luckily for her, her attention is diverted by the dismissal of the jury pool.

How long before the relationship between Baez and ICA disintegrates entirely?

My guess is not long and this is due partly to them spending so much time together recently and ICA inability to understand where she is and why she is there.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27841998/index.html

Great post!

Ok, I've watched this a dozen times now, and I have a theory about what's going on. When the guard came over to her, she was pointing under the table, but it didn't look like she was motioning towards the floor, it was higher. I bet there is a board or some protrusion under the table that is bothering her. I used to have a keyboard tray mounted under my desk at work, but darn it if I didn't bang my knee on the danged thing a hundred times a day. I had it taken out. I felt a little silly about asking them to remove it, since I'm the one who kept hitting it.

I think she wanted to move, or have something done about the table (or her chair... get to that in a minute). This prompts the JB "child" comment, and then her offering to trade places with him. She motions to her spot in a way that says, "well if it's so trivial, why don't you sit here then?" So, I'm pretty sure the issue is with her chair or the table, and it being uncomfortable for her.

My second theory is... she making it all up because she wants a big girl chair like the lawyers have. The difference in the appearance of JB's seat and hers is very noticeable. In her mind, she believes she is an attorney, why not have a chair like them too? I bet she contrived this whole "uncomfortable" scenario so she could move into one of the big chairs. JB knows what she's doing and why, hence the "child" comment.

I think she moved to another spot (away from him) show him that it really was uncomfortable for her there and in true ICA fashion, she'll stick with the lie to the bitter end, even if it never got her what she wanted (the big chair). which is why she's still sitting there 3 days later gazing all forlornly at JB wondering why he isn't begging her to return to his side.

Great Post, SS! I noticed the chair entitlement right away. ICA won't like that situation one bit, no sireee!

I definitely intrepreted the hand gesture from ICA to indicate switching seats with Baez. But I took it more as, "Would you rather be in my position?"

As for the baby chair, someone mentioned it didn't have wheels and that was probably for security reasons.

A earlier post pointed out that the small chair is most likely so that the guard can easily see ICA. I totally agree and no matter what she "wants" it appears she is being treated as the accused killer not an assistant to the lawyers. If you watch when ICA is being removed from the courtroom, all chairs must be pushed up against the table, all lawyers etc. must be out of the way before she is allowed to start walking. Orange County should take some notes on how to handle an accused killed.

I can't believe they let her have a pen or pencil in Court.

I'm not sure I believe there is some major rift going on between ICA and Baez. I do believe they had a disagreement, yesterday, when he said "you're acting like a two year old", but I don't think that is indicative of their entire relationship. I think that the main reason Casey is sitting between the female lawyers, is that I'm sure Baez & Mason have been reading things on the internet, and I'm sure they have read people's expressions of distaste at all the fawning, back-rubbing etc. that was going on.

I think that is part of it. I also think they are tired of her games and constant interruptions, which would not go well once the jury is seated. She may also be pushing the my father and brother sexually abused me without any proof, and they may be smart enough to realize she will try to claim the same of them later on. KC never grew up.

A earlier post pointed out that the small chair is most likely so that the guard can easily see ICA. I totally agree and no matter what she "wants" it appears she is being treated as the accused killer not an assistant to the lawyers. If you watch when ICA is being removed from the courtroom, all chairs must be pushed up against the table, all lawyers etc. must be out of the way before she is allowed to start walking. Orange County should take some notes on how to handle an accused killed.
I agree that Pinellas Co. treats KC more as the accused killer in custody that she is. If she were to reach out and grab for JB as he stood to go to the podium like she did in OC I think the guard assigned to her would instantly lunge for her and put her in her place. That guard doesn't miss a blink of her eyes. Recall what happened in Atlanta, GA when a guard was too comfortable transporting her charge (Brian Nichols) to court one day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7
Back