Defense document - KC swears she didn't report.......

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did we hear this story from regardign the car accident? Was it from KC herself during her interview or in a written statement? It came from a third party - which means it could just be a lie and not even brought up in court - it is heresay.

I found the transcript:

But I can't link it here but here is what she said during the interview transcribed by me that JB may use at trial to show KC thought Caylee was fine and this is why she did not report her missing:

Q: Is there any underlining cause to why Z would take Caylee?
A: Only how much she loves Caylee and what a great kid she is.

Then she gives this answer as to why she didn't call police:

A: I think part of me was naive enough to think that I could handle this myself, which obviously I couldn't. And I was scared something would happen to her if I did notify authorities or got the media involved. or my parents which I know would have done the same thing. Just the fear of the unknown. Fear of the potential Caylee getting hurt, of not seeing my daughter again.

But this is what I am talking about her saying regarding her call with Caylee and her being fine:

Q: So, She seemed happy and..
A: a thousand times. She's fine.
Q: She's fine? She's happy?
A. She seemed perfectly fine.

later she says:
A: She wasn't the least bit upset when I spoke to her.

He then tells her if it were him he would have called police and she says:
A: I didn't know what to do. At that point I'm thinking, okay they haven't been gone that long. Maybe I can find them. Maybe I can track them down.

So we all know the phone call is a lie since the time of death is way before this, but what if JB says ZG could have been fooling her with Caylee's voice on the phone and that KC had her old phone that she lost when she got this call and therefore it could not be tracked.

But then there would be a record from the phone company of the phone call and the phone number, and there is not one.

IIRC - she told them the "nanny took her in order to teach her a lesson" but that she would speak to Caylee and that Caylee was fine - which is what she told LE during their interview - she said Caylee was happy and wasn't crying and was being well taken care of by ZG. She said she was trying to find her herself and should have called LE, but again she didn't feel Caylee was in danger.

It was only AFTER her arrest that the A's began their kidnapped stories about dangerous people and KC trying to protect everyone and Caylee being in harms way if the media didn't stop reporting on the case etc.

I don't think KC ever was recorded as saying ZG was dangerous and would kill Caylee - we got that from the A's.

Am I wrong?

KC could totally go to trial and say ZG was a real person, but gave her a fake name and purposely kidnapped Caylee to keep for herself, but then when the media reported on the case and everyone was searching for Caylee - ZG got scared and decided to kill Caylee and frame KC.

JUST because there is no proof of a ZG - doesn't mean the defense can't say there was an ACTUAL person that KC believed was named ZG - that the name was the name given to KC but may not have been her true identity. IMO

I am just trying to understand JB's thinking on staying true to the nanny story and how he will explain this mess at trial.

KC can totally say that ZG never wanted to be photographed or meet her friends or family for the purpose of her plan to steal Caylee from the begining.

Hmmm- does that mean KC will have to testify?

The photo KC claimed was taken at ZG's apartment was actually taken at Ricardo's's, IIRC. I might be wrong, It could be TonEs.

The "3 months" might explain THAT apartment. But, KC told LE that she had known ZG for two years. She had told people that she sometimes stayed over at ZG's home. So.....

Why couldn't she give LE a single, real address for ZG? Why no phone number or email addy? And, how did KC and ZG communicate w/o phoning, texting, or emailing?

KC also said she knew zanny's mother,stepfather, sister and nieces where have all these people gone?

KC also said she knew zanny's mother,stepfather, sister and nieces where have all these people gone?

Ya can't be gone if you weren't there in the first place. Obliviously, ya it's a word of mine, KC and CA forgot about that.

Correct in all areas of your post Friday but consider the bolded part of your statement. Are these the actions of a responsible adult? I do not think the jury will have 'sympathy' on KC. I think they will see so much "ugly" coping as JB has coined, the focus will be on KC's inability to see anything sinister in the beginning regarding the imaginary nanny. I am not taking a stand on innocence and I am certainly not excusing KC. More to the point, I believe her to be self-centered and truly evil and guilty (moo). I am just thinking on the keyboard right now after seeing this document signed by KC put out there by her attorney.

BBM
Sorry if this has already been addressed, I am behind in the thread.
I have always had a problem with this "Ugly Coping" in Casey's case. Everything I have been able to find regarding this term is that a person "acts out" in a manner differnt to their normal or accepted behavior in response to a trajic event. The problem I see with this defense is that I do not see KC acting any different after Caylee was "kidnapped" than before. Am I wrong in my thinking? She was lying, stealing, sleeping around, partying, etc. before hand, so this "ugly coping" just does not wash in my book. The behavior was no different than it was before except for the fact she no longer needed to care for a little one. :furious:

JMO,
Khaki

Can't find any of them I guess, lets see there was "Victor", "Gloria" and "Samantha". Can't remember if the Sippy cup gang had specific names...knowing Casey she has come up with some by now. If the trial doesn't start soon I am going to forget some of this vital information !

I'd say that any mother who left her 2 year old child on those steps, going up to that apartment, just LEFT her there, would be guilty of at least neglect and child endangerment. What a crazy story.

Of course, it was an Imaginanny, at an Imaginapartment.

KC's "sworn statement" is pretty darn lame. She should have sworn to her name and address. She might have told the truth on that one. Her NOT calling LE and letting CA do it is certainly not exculpatory. And, well, swearing that she told LE a lie surely is grounds for dismissal. :shakehead: :pinocchio:

AnD THERE comes in the missing BLACKJACK which she claimed contained all of ZG's numbers. She also told LE that ZG moved around a lot.

But even with the Blackjack the number would show up on her phone bill cause she said she used the same sim card just switched it back and forth so it would show up on the same phone bill as the phone she had on her.

BBM
Sorry if this has already been addressed, I am behind in the thread.
I have always had a problem with this "Ugly Coping" in Casey's case. Everything I have been able to find regarding this term is that a person "acts out" in a manner differnt to their normal or accepted behavior in response to a trajic event. The problem I see with this defense is that I do not see KC acting any different after Caylee was "kidnapped" than before. Am I wrong in my thinking? She was lying, stealing, sleeping around, partying, etc. before hand, so this "ugly coping" just does not wash in my book. The behavior was no different than it was before except for the fact she no longer needed to care for a little one. :furious:

JMO,
Khaki

There is one difference. IIRC, before Caylee was "kidnapped," Casey said in an IM that she had been sad for a long time. After she was "kidnapped," Casey said she was happier than she had been in a long time.

Nope, sorry, but that will not do...She told her mother she was "crashing at Zanny's" continually in those months leading up to Caylee's death thus the air mattress in her car so Caylee would have a place to sleep. She also took LE to some other places where Zanny lived, but there was never any Zanny at any of those places either. And what logical, reasoning person is going to believe she left her daughter in a stairwell without ever having seen the apartment? None that I know of. The picture she claimed was Zanny's apartment was Ricardo's and it was HE not Zanny who played with the drums with Caylee as well (another story she attributed to Zanny).

Casey used the Zanny story for her convenience with her parents and to look like a bigshot to her friends...there was never any Zanny. There was never any Nanny...

ITA if and big if there was a Zanny and if she dropped her off at the stairwell surely should would have had to go upstairs to knock on the door to pick her up. With her crazy "work" schedule and "late hours" there must have been a time when Caylee was asleep and she had to carry her down to her car. Staircase drop off not working for me.

This case is so obvious it has become difficult to follow. KC is as guilty as sin and her family is as dysfunctional as they come. There's very little else to say at this point. Anything else that might come out is legal bullchit (trying to find a possible "loop hole" in how information/evidence has been handled)...If she gets away with murder based on bureaucratic legal finangling...I will never again believe in legal justice again. This woman is so OBVIOUSLY GUILTY of having murdered her daughter it has become laughable that there is even any discussion about it.

This is my opinion only of course.

I'm not sure what the sworn statement will affect. I'm sure the mighty legal brain of JB believes it's noteworthy, but it falls in the "whoop-de-freaking-doo" category for me.

She has told so many proven lies, does it really matter that CA was the one that called LE or whatever else she's sworn to? Most importantly, at this point does her "sworn statement" even mean anything?

The ONLY thing that is somewhat interesting about this is that she is admitting that she did not call law enforcement beforehand (like we didn't already know that) to initiate a missing person's report. Then, months later the missing person is found deceased several houses away from Casey's home.

Judge Strickland: "The truth and Miss Anthony are strangers."

BBM, but what about not having a contact phone number for a lady who has been watching your child for all those years if that was true. I as a parent had the contact information, address and a couple family members information of the woman I had watching my son.

KC said that she and the "nanny" were in frequent phone contact. She said ZG "changes her number frequently." When that didn't wash with LE, she said it was on the missing Blackberry.

She could not, however, explain why none of her calls, texts or emails to/from said "nanny" were not found in her phone records.

I just wanna know three things about this sworn statement KC made.

Did she pinky swear?

Did she prick her pinky with a needle and draw a drop of blood? and

DID she place that pinky on the affidavit?

If so, then show it and I will believe what KC wrote .........

"...several houses asway from Casey's home..." BLEH....How obvious is it that this woman dumped her child??? Flung her in a garbage bag from the curbside? Beatch. Hope she rots in helz.

MOO

Hope her dipchitz parents are soon brought to their own reality when she is condemned to either LWOP or the DP.

Can't find any of them I guess, lets see there was "Victor", "Gloria" and "Samantha". Can't remember if the Sippy cup gang had specific names...knowing Casey she has come up with some by now. If the trial doesn't start soon I am going to forget some of this vital information !

They disappeared, on the same space ship with Zanny, Jeffrey,Juliette, all the staff at the hospital that treated Zanny after her wreck, and the police officer who took the report.

ITA if and big if there was a Zanny and if she dropped her off at the stairwell surely should would have had to go upstairs to knock on the door to pick her up. With her crazy "work" schedule and "late hours" there must have been a time when Caylee was asleep and she had to carry her down to her car. Staircase drop off not working for me.

Particularly since ZG had been living there for three months, and KC "dropped Caylee off" several times per week. Did she leave the baby on the stepa EVERY time?

And, how did KC and ZG coordinate times and dates, with no way to to electronically communicate?

Or, how did ALLLL ZG's communications manage to vanish from KC's phone records?

It would, if the SA will actually be allowed to show them to the jury for the murder case. I'm not sure that the video of her forging a check will be relevant in the murder case. But the purchase at target might be.

She told AH thay she stole them money to use to "search for Caylee." Which obviously required some new clothes and some beer.

They disappeared, on the same space ship with Zanny, Jeffrey,Juliette, all the staff at the hospital that treated Zanny after her wreck, and the police officer who took the report.

The Sippy Cup Gang did not have names, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz