Defense FINALLY Begins Depo Process

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True...I'm assuming that this is regarding the info LDB was referring to...but maybe not?

At the August 30th Status Hearing - JB said he just got a new CD (of Discovery) "today".

LDB said: Aug 25th - last week went to OCSO spent entire day, with Melich, going through files - I have 300-400 pages to give to Defense - bank records, no significance in case, gathered by them, in their files, took copies of that - went through Edwards, and John Allen and crime scene investigators - several hundreds of pages - may be some duplicates - turned over this week. Only remaining item - Melich harddrive of his laptop.

At the August 30th Status Hearing - JB said he just got a new CD (of Discovery) "today".

LDB said: Aug 25th - last week went to OCSO spent entire day, with Melich, going through files - I have 300-400 pages to give to Defense - bank records, no significance in case, gathered by them, in their files, took copies of that - went through Edwards, and John Allen and crime scene investigators - several hundreds of pages - may be some duplicates - turned over this week. Only remaining item - Melich harddrive of his laptop.

I actually understand the Defenses attempts to discredit Melich via the media. As far as the jury is concerned, he is one of the most dangerous witnesses, well able to discuss ICA's attitudes and fancy dancing (read lies) from day one of the case.

Question for Mason and Baez - when you know the ultimate destination of this road you are on is a guilty verdict, why are you trying to make the road longer? I see nothing in the dictionary that tells me longer is another word for helpful.:waitasec:

So...if there was a pen register on the Anthony's computer...it could have picked up convos...like email? I hope this isn't another wackadoodle witness.

LE could have gotten a pen register trace on anybody's cellphone or computer, who is involved in this case.
Could be Dominic C's or Luke P. or Brandon Spark's (not Snow), or Kronk work and phone records, or anyone that any of these people called or texted or emailed.....

The pen register tracks what phone you called, and what phone number called you, what time the call was made and if the call connected or went to voice mail (the dialing info, not the actual phone calls or texts) and header info on emails, and what websites you went to and what forums you posted on ....

https://ssd.eff.org/wire/govt/pen-registers
"Pen Registers" and "Trap and Trace Devices"

I don't know what they're hinting around at but this other statement makes me wonder...

"Mason and Baez said the new evidence is favorable to Anthony and that depositions earlier this week with state experts are helping them make their case that Casey Anthony isn't guilty."

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/149660/Detective-testifies-in-Casey-case

I don't think they are hinting at anything...
I take it with a grain of salt . I do not expect Baez or Mason to say publicly that the Depos did not favor their client

bold & black me
Mason says Yuri Melich has no credibility? :waitasec:
How can he even use that word while dealing with JB and his client?

ITA, when it comes to credibility Casey has none. Why even bring it up? And what is up with what Baez said? "I think he should transfer to the K-9 unit if he's that good," said Baez, both referring to Melich's comments made in court two years ago.

Is that supposed to be funny, insulting, what? Is he referring to Melich identifying the odor in the trunk? If so, I find it in very poor taste for Baez to joke about the smell and to compare the detective to a dog. Typical Baez though.

I am just so ready for all of the posturing in front of the cameras from the defense to end and get on with the trial. If Baez says something like that in court I think the jury will detest him.

I actually understand the Defenses attempts to discredit Melich via the media. As far as the jury is concerned, he is one of the most dangerous witnesses, well able to discuss ICA's attitudes and fancy dancing (read lies) from day one of the case.

Question for Mason and Baez - when you know the ultimate destination of this road you are on is a guilty verdict, why are you trying to make the road longer? I see nothing in the dictionary that tells me longer is another word for helpful.:waitasec:

I agree.
The Defense will try very hard to publicly discredit Melich any chance they get and they get many chances with the media following them.
The Defense just can not refrain themselves from speaking to the media.

ITA, when it comes to credibility Casey has none. Why even bring it up? And what is up with what Baez said? "I think he should transfer to the K-9 unit if he's that good," said Baez, both referring to Melich's comments made in court two years ago.

Is that supposed to be funny, insulting, what? Is he referring to Melich identifying the odor in the trunk? If so, I find it in very poor taste for Baez to joke about the smell and to compare the detective to a dog. Typical Baez though.

I am just so ready for all of the posturing in front of the cameras from the defense to end and get on with the trial. If Baez says something like that in court I think the jury will detest him.

IMO
Baez attempts at humor and snide remarks fall short...he does not now how to "deliver" and IMO he ends up looking like a fool..

IMO
Baez attempts at humor and snide remarks fall short...he does not now how to "deliver" and IMO he ends up looking like a fool..

It is so true, Defense sees camera, starts immediately hamming and flapping gums with no thought behind it.

How much more concerned would we be if Baez and Mason faced the cameras after the depo with Melich and simply looked content and said, "we are very pleased with the results of this deposition. It was extremely helpful to our case.

Period. Full Stop. Seriously, I would again be rereading everything Melich ever said or touched with this case. But this? Pathooey!

Bolding by me....

If JB and Mason think making all of these comments to the media is helping their client and turning the tide of public opinion in their favor, then they are sorely mistaken. Every time I hear what arrogant, rude, and disrespectful comments that they have made at their latest press conference it just infuriates me further. I don't think most in the public are fooled by JB's and Mason's words. If this new evidence is so great and shows how innocent Casey is, then why don't they file a motion to dismiss the charges? Riiiight, a few cell phone pings and some peripheral witnesses are really going to prove their client innocent. How about just going down to the jail and having Casey tell them everything she knows about what happened to Caylee or who took her from her possession? If the defense really had a case to prove their client innocent then they would be working hard on it and not giving media interviews trying to spin their version of the truth.:furious:

IMO

I so agree w/you! I think most of the comments that JB makes at his press conferences just make him appear to be a very angry and petty man. He comes across as rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. He is not helping his client at all. In fact, I think he is further hurting her and causing the public to immensely dislike him. Why can't those in his inner circle just tell him to stop and that this approach is not working?

:waitasec: Baez has an inner circle? I understood he initially asked the advice of some senior and well respected lawyers and then proceeded to completely ignore the advice they gave him. So I think it is all Baez - not Baez et al.

Bolding by me....

If JB and Mason think making all of these comments to the media is helping their client and turning the tide of public opinion in their favor, then they are sorely mistaken. Every time I hear what arrogant, rude, and disrespectful comments that they have made at their latest press conference it just infuriates me further. I don't think most in the public are fooled by JB's and Mason's words. If this new evidence is so great and shows how innocent Casey is, then why don't they file a motion to dismiss the charges? Riiiight, a few cell phone pings and some peripheral witnesses are really going to prove their client innocent. How about just going down to the jail and having Casey tell them everything she knows about what happened to Caylee or who took her from her possession? If the defense really had a case to prove their client innocent then they would be working hard on it and not giving media interviews trying to spin their version of the truth.:furious:

I agree with all you said, Dell! JB is definately not making any friends by running his mouth and making those snide remarks. But, you know, I don't think he cares. He is all about getting his "anti-establishment, poor little KC, mean ole Po-Po" quips out in the public airways in the hopes that when a jury is seated to hear this case, he will have reached one person who hates authority, has been burned by LE, or just simply thinks KC is too hot to lock up. That's all he wants. That one person who will see it his way and vote not guilty. If he can do that, he wins.

I so agree w/you! I think most of the comments that JB makes at his press conferences just make him appear to be a very angry and petty man. He comes across as rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. He is not helping his client at all. In fact, I think he is further hurting her and causing the public to immensely dislike him. Why can't those in his inner circle just tell him to stop and that this approach is not working?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQYxoxpr3o[/ame]

Mr. Rude and Arrogant

You WILL respect me and you WILL respect my client!
Translated: You WILL NOT ask the hard questions Channel 9, now OUT!

LE could have gotten a pen register trace on anybody's cellphone or computer, who is involved in this case.
Could be Dominic C's or Luke P. or Brandon Spark's (not Snow), or Kronk work and phone records, or anyone that any of these people called or texted or emailed.....

The pen register tracks what phone you called, and what phone number called you, what time the call was made and if the call connected or went to voice mail (the dialing info, not the actual phone calls or texts) and header info on emails, and what websites you went to and what forums you posted on ....

https://ssd.eff.org/wire/govt/pen-registers
"Pen Registers" and "Trap and Trace Devices"
From what's been seen in discovery...

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4034469&postcount=54"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bugging devices?[/ame]

and for clarification...

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4033611&postcount=42"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bugging devices?[/ame]

Does anyone else know if there were more phones, computers, etc specified...and released later in discovery?

LDB said: Aug 25th - last week went to OCSO spent entire day, with Melich, going through files - I have 300-400 pages to give to Defense - bank records, no significance in case, gathered by them, in their files, took copies of that - went through Edwards, and John Allen and crime scene investigators - several hundreds of pages - may be some duplicates - turned over this week. Only remaining item - Melich harddrive of his laptop.[/QUOTEUmmm? Why the heck would the defense be given or even allowed access to the hard drive of detective YM's laptop?

LDB said: Aug 25th - last week went to OCSO spent entire day, with Melich, going through files - I have 300-400 pages to give to Defense - bank records, no significance in case, gathered by them, in their files, took copies of that - went through Edwards, and John Allen and crime scene investigators - several hundreds of pages - may be some duplicates - turned over this week. Only remaining item - Melich harddrive of his laptop.[/QUOTEUmmm? Why the heck would the defense be given or even allowed access to the hard drive of detective YM's laptop?

My understanding is the state wanted an image of the hard drive to review or preserve, I believe LDB will personally make sure everything was turned over. In the event anything was missed, I'm sure the state would only have to turn over anything related to Caylee.

Sounds to me like the defense has realised that they have nothing to defend Casey against the mountain of evidence gathered by LE, so they are going to go after the key player in putting that mountain of evidence together.

Good luck with that, Melich is a seasoned cop who isn't about to be rattled by any of the tricks that Baez is attempting here.

Lame and predictable IMO.

THANK YOU MuzikMan for this info!

09/13/2010 Notice of Filing Affidavits of Service

This was service of subpoenas for depositions on Oak Ridge people

- Michael Burnett, Ph.D., Oak Ridge Lab - added Dec 3, 2008
[Defense depo Sept 21, 2010]

- Madhavi Martin, PhD Oak Ridge Lab - added Jan 23, 2009

- Arpad Vass, PhD, Oak Ridge - added Dec 3, 2008
[Defense depo Sept 22, 2010]

- Marc Wise, PhD, Oak Ridge Lab - added Dec 3, 2008

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! MuzikMan!!

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition Upon Oral Examination

~Third [Defense depositions on Sept 28, 2010 for Gary Utz, Steven Hanson, and
Dr. Jan Garavaglia
]

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition
[Defense deposition on Sept 22, 2010 in Knoxville, TN, for
Arpad Vass - Oak Ridge Lab]

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition
[Defense depositions on Sept 21, 2010 in Knoxville, TN, for
Michael Burnett, Madhavi Martin, and Mark Wise - Oak Ridge Lab]

09/14/2010 Motion Unopposed; for Certificate for Out-of-State Witness
[Defense asks Judge to issue a Certificate to compel attendance