Defense Motion to Exclude Canine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I'm reading this all I'm thinking is Cindy during some quesitoning about Zanny--offered up that silly white dog theroy---that if the dog existed so did Zanny.....

It's just upsetting to me that JB is filing all these motions to exclude evidence. I pray the judge will see through this nonsense. Otherwise, the next motion will be to dismiss the entire case!

MOO

Mel

It's just upsetting to me that JB is filing all these motions to exclude evidence. I pray the judge will see through this nonsense. Otherwise, the next motion will be to dismiss the entire case!

MOO

Mel
IMO,this will come when the prosecution has rested because defense will say the State has failed to provide enough evidence to justify a conviction.

Just started searching and haven't found the source, but here's a post from Oct. 10, 2008 in regards to the backyard, posted by TheOnly1 that also mentions it:

I think LE moved the playhouse and are focusing on the dirt *under* the playhouse. Further, CA had questioned on NG could peeing in the playhouse make a cadaver dog alert (or something to that effect). So, *if* Casey tried to bury Caylee under the playhouse then maybe if the Yorkies did smell something strange it would not been as obvious to GA and CA because there was a playhouse on top of the dirt. Or maybe they were whining and scratching at the playhouse and that made GA and CA check it. I really don't know.

However, it is very very very suspicious to me that CA admitted or GA admitted that they both searched the backyard to LE (pre-LE searching the backyard)!! I recall an interview where they said they also checked **under** the playhouse (can anyone find that interview). [Paraphrased: it went something like this. LE asked the A's for permission to search the backyard. Permission was given and it was noted that GA and CA said something to the effect of, "We have already searched it and there is nothing back there. We dug around XYZ because GA saw something suspicious. Go ahead". Doesn't this ring major alarm bells? I mean, if a family member of mine has a small child and won't let me talk to said child I don't immediately start moving stuff in my BACKYARD and digging around under items! That speaks to me that they knew something was stinky-hinky!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ghlight=George+Cindy+Anthony+search+back+yard

Just as CA claims she sent her PI's in those woods and nothing was there! Caylee was found a few weeks after that walk thru and CA has no qualms about telling all who will listen. She actually believes she's doing justice for her felonious daughter, while she sits silent about Caylee. As I see it, this family didn't deserve a precious grandchild, especially since turning their backs on her when it counts the most. Prisoners efforts will be for nothing for she will go down for the premediated killing of America's sweetheart, Caylee Marie, a child of God, an Angel in Heaven. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

MOO

Mel

Didn't he already try this back in the beginning?

When he was told not only NO! But H3LL NO!! (At an arraignment hearing or something? Am I thinking of someone else?)

Regardless they will try this again come May - we will hear them say blah, blah... the state didn't prove their case... blah, blah..

Can we set up a pool, where we can pick how long it will take for the jury to come back with a verdict and what the verdict will be? Hmm how long does it take 12 people to be polled and to say GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!!!

Jose wants to exclude the cadaver dog hits because he thinks jurors will automatically believe the dogs (duh!). I hope Judge Perry admits them and instructs Jose to present at trial why he thinks they're unreliable so the jury can decide. Woof. Moo.

There is such a list of things they have tried and failed at, my favorite was they wanted these prosecutors to step aside, off the case, because he claimed one of them made a bar complaint against him.

My favorite, "It's a farce" video from Mrs. Drane-Burdick
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5953890&postcount=582"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion[/ame]

I love Mrs. Drane Burdick at this six minute mark, I think she sums up the entire case...
"It is a farce!"
"The defense efforts do not even come close to the legal requirements necessary for the court to even entertain the motions,
their motions are replete with errors from top to bottom, it is insufficient as a matter of law,
there has not even been a good faith effort, clearly, according to case law,
and the court should not even entertain the motion."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5J_ObjkTw[/ame]

Jose wants to exclude the cadaver dog hits because he thinks jurors will automatically believe the dogs (duh!). I hope Judge Perry admits them and instructs Jose to present at trial why he thinks they're unreliable so the jury can decide. Woof. Moo.

Jose is smart on this one ...everyone and anything lies less then his client. Of course the Jury will believe the canine dogs over his lying thieving client.

Things that will make the Jury go, hmmmm. For a nanosecond, anyway.
Does a dog lie?
Does Miss Anthony lie?

Exclude Canine: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331371/detail.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMuJ5oZx34

Why do the Anthonys always represent that the dog never actually hit on anything. This dog handler is very clear that the dog did.

I think the judge is letting this in, he already said something to the effect of dogs are used in trials for a number of things, and have been for years, dead bodies, bombs, drugs, etc. He said so long as the dog's training was kosher, this testimony from the handler will be admissable ( paraphrased ).

Does anyone of a recording of this particular episode of Nancy Grace in its entirety? I need it. TIA They are giving details about the dog's training here.
wth picture of Casey.jpg
CNN.com - TranscriptsJul 22, 2008 ... GRACE: It`s my understanding that the day Casey Anthony needed a .... agree with the testimony that was heard in today`s bond hearing. ...
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/22/ng.01.html - Cached - Similar

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/28/ng.01.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMuJ5oZx34[/ame] three minute mark, dog handler describing the dog DID hit on the car for human decomposition.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1B9NOTerFQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGRIvJn4aYE[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfVQEzJ3xNE[/ame]

Infinite gratitude to MuzikMan for getting this!!

This motion will be heard either March 2nd or March 3rd at 9:00am

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68726973/20110107-Notice-of-Hearing---0302-and-0303

Have we ever seen the actual motion to exclude the dogs? I am really curious what their claimed basis is?

I think HHJP pretty much telegraphed how this one would go during Mondays hearing when he outright said that the dogs are not a matter for a Frye hearing. They are already accepted by the courts. I think someone said at that time that really the only thing they can then be challenged on is their certification and testing? Does that sound right? If so these are trained and certified LE dogs. I'm gonna guess all of their credentials and certifications are in better shape than JB's.

I live in a rural area and have a dog. One day when I was walking her, she just about pulled my arm out of the socket trying to get to a dead possum. Her leash is one of those that will extend 20' so she was that far ahead of me. When I got closer to her and the dead possum - ewww, yuck - the smell was horrible. I had to get my boyfriend to get rid of the possum 'cause I sure couldn't take being within 10 feet of it.

My whole point being, dogs have a superior smell sense and it is scientifically proven, dogs can be and are trained to pick up on this smell AND to distinguish animal decomp from human decomp, and dog "testimony" has been used for quite a while now.

PS - I waffle between Cindy/George dumping the wet vac water out in the backyard after cleaning Casey's car and George setting the gas cans down on the ground after Casey gave them back to him (with them having sat in the decomp fluid in her trunk)...

Have we ever seen the actual motion to exclude the dogs? I am really curious what their claimed basis is?

I think HHJP pretty much telegraphed how this one would go during Mondays hearing when he outright said that the dogs are not a matter for a Frye hearing. They are already accepted by the courts. I think someone said at that time that really the only thing they can then be challenged on is their certification and testing? Does that sound right? If so these are trained and certified LE dogs. I'm gonna guess all of their credentials and certifications are in better shape than JB's.
Here you go: Motion to exclude Canine

In the State's reply it said this motion did not seem complete (sounds familiar, huh?!). So maybe the defense will file an addendum to complete it.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331371/detail.html

Funny, they ask the court to prohibit the use of canine purported "alerts" but to back this up they give-
"We'll get back to you."

Maybe their dog ate that page.

And I seem to recall Baez saying some snarky remark about maybe one of the detectives should join the K-9 team if his nose was so good (referring to human decomp smell). To me this seems he is saying the dogs are indeed good at sniffing out that particular smell - ha!

And I seem to recall Baez saying some snarky remark about maybe one of the detectives should join the K-9 team if his nose was so good (referring to human decomp smell). To me this seems he is saying the dogs are indeed good at sniffing out that particular smell - ha!

HaHa!! You really can't make this stuff up, can you? :floorlaugh:
Ah, the irony...

I once saw a demo (on TV) of a dog trained to detect human blood. They took three squares of fabric, put a drop of human blood on one, a drop of cow's blood on the other and a drop of chicken blood on the third. They let it dry, then washed each of them separately. Once the fabric was dry, they put each piece in a separate bag, and then hid the bags around the courtroom. The dog came into the courtroom, walked around, then immediately picked out the bag with the human blood. One drop, mind you, and the fabric had been washed.

I would ABSOLUTELY (LOL) trust a dog over Casey. Or Cindy.

Tink

He really does come out with some ignorant remarks, doesn't he?
No class what-so-ever. BTW, I think it was Detective Yuri Melich that he was referring to.

I once saw a demo (on TV) of a dog trained to detect human blood. They took three squares of fabric, put a drop of human blood on one, a drop of cow's blood on the other and a drop of chicken blood on the third. They let it dry, then washed each of them separately. Once the fabric was dry, they put each piece in a separate bag, and then hid the bags around the courtroom. The dog came into the courtroom, walked around, then immediately picked out the bag with the human blood. One drop, mind you, and the fabric had been washed.

I would ABSOLUTELY (LOL) trust a dog over Casey. Or Cindy.

Tink

Goodthinking!
Perhaps a demonstration would be helpful in another courtroom?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969
Back