Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to condense your post as all of your posts are very enlightening, but wanted to add this to your thoughts.

There is the factor of the probable increase of letters from supporters due to George's request last Tuesday. Penpals can be a prisoners best friend, as they can lead the jailbird further into fantasyland.

:clap::clap: Great point!! :clap::clap:

1,100 pages in doc dumps.............and bad for kc

*respectfully snipped*

It's up to 1600 pages now (500 (Friday?) and 1100 (Monday?)). I think the lack of visits, and the fact that they're prepared to release a statement as soon as the documents are released spell BIG trouble for KC. At least I hope they do. The only way JB can save any kind of face is to walk away from her as quickly as possibly.

no, no, no.....she's sooooo FRUSH-trated, she can't even SCHAWLOW!!

My mind just went places I hoped it would never go.

Remind me to get a plastic protector for my laptop so I never spew anything on it again.

I agree with what TheOnly1 just posted, I don't think Casey could really have deeply shocked JB with any reaction or statements she made during the memorial. And if she did, maybe criminal defense work isn't the best fit for JB. I imagine JB has been privy to loads of alarming displays and inappropriate affect coming from "his girl."

I agree with you that this situation could be the result of many factors. JB is probably very stressed and in over his head. But it is definitely strange to see such a marked change in visitation patterns at this point.

I was just thinking of a potentially positive reason for the marked decrease in visitations:woohoo::woohoo::
WHAT IF JB & Co. have reviewed the newest evidence and are now convinced that the best outcome their client can hope for is some sort of plea agreement or to plead to certain charges?

Casey's attys can present plea deals or options to her, but she has the final say. As long as Casey is getting tons of attention/visits/opportunities to see internet coverage and media reports about herself, she's pretty content IMO. It's fun for her, in a way. She gets to feel like the princess locked away in a tower with her fearless knights (JB & friends) valiantly fighting to free her.

Cut off her ability to monitor the press and internet and her ability to talk about herself whenever she wants and she's going to get less content. She's going to be forced to start contemplating the reality of the present and the inevitability of the future. Maybe JB has wisened up and realized that doting on Casey all the time could be counterproductive to her ever accepting any potential plea deal. So he's backing off on Buddy Time and starting to treat her like most attorneys would treat their clients in this situation-- ie not visiting her for 1-3 hours every day/other day. I hope so!

How low would the SA go with a plea do you think? I can imagine they will want to save the FL tax payers a whole lot of money, but I would also think they wouldn't go less than LWOP, but on which degree/charges?

Let's watch instead, T Lenamon, the death-penalty cert attorney on the team.

I don't have a link, but I thought he was off the team once the DP was dropped? Or did he just recede to the background?

The defense attorneys I know *expect* in a way for their clients to be cold, calculating scumbags (and are pleasantly surprised when most are not). That's why I don't think Jose (as a defense attorney) came into this case with rose-colored glasses and drinking the kool-aid. He can "say" to the media that he believes his client and that she's innocent but I don't think he really believes it. Like I said before, if she played him then he's a fool.

I was going to say that but you beat me to it. He's a defense attorney, he cares not about guilt or innocence or scummminess.

I think he realized that the trial will not be until the fall, and he told her he can't stay with her all day every day like he has been. I'm sure she was not happy about that but he does have other things to do. I guess.

After all we don't know the KC he knows.
This is so true!!!!.... Just like JG...KC showed a different side of herself to him as well so I'm sure that she's showing a whole nutther side of herself to JB. She's a chameleon. And after being enamored with her irresistible charm, he's now being faced with exploring over 1000 pages of what I'm sure is damning evidence against her....with only 3 years of legal experience under his belt.. and with her narcissistic rages?? he's in for a heap of dodo. I don't feel sorry for him either. He ought to be ashamed of himself. I hope the stomach pain he's having is his conscience.

I'm disgusted at the thought of what KC will write in reply to her pen pals. Remember her letter to Dakota? At least she can't offer up a sleep-over to her new BFF's this time.

I'm counting down now to see if there is suddenly a D team visit tomorrow - after the JB/LB statement. Not before.

*respectfully snipped*

It's up to 1600 pages now (500 (Friday?) and 1100 (Monday?)). I think the lack of visits, and the fact that they're prepared to release a statement as soon as the documents are released spell BIG trouble for KC. At least I hope they do. The only way JB can save any kind of face is to walk away from her as quickly as possibly.

I'd personally suspect that, no matter how damaging the evidence is the Defense statement will be one that states that this is good news for KC, that the evidence suggests SODDI and is trying to frame KC.

I recall the PR strategy to spin quickly and positively no matter how bad the news. They aren't going to concede any ground at this time. Spin, spin, spin.

I'd personally suspect that, no matter how damaging the evidence is the Defense statement will be one that states that this is good news for KC, that the evidence suggests SODDI and is trying to frame KC.

I recall the PR strategy to spin quickly and positively no matter how bad the news. They aren't going to concede any ground at this time. Spin, spin, spin.

Yes, maybe they'll drag Mussolini into it this time. One can only hope.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

Before I read any other posts, I will respond. I don't believe that the 8 days without a visit from her attorney or a member of the defense teams means anything whatsoever. Honestly. If it did , I would tell you. Even if this is the longest time between visits since she was indicted,

I would not read anything into this and not consider the issue any further.

It is meaningless. Truly.

Now, I will go read what everyone else thinks.

Maybe they're trying to knock-off a bunch of quick civil cases so they can collect $$ to pay some bills before the hearings start up again?

Oh, you just make too much sense. LOL

Dear Client: When it is your turn, you will get my undivided attention. But, right now, you do not need it, others do.

How low would the SA go with a plea do you think? I can imagine they will want to save the FL tax payers a whole lot of money, but I would also think they wouldn't go less than LWOP, but on which degree/charges?

I'm relatively ignorant about the practical realities of plea deals-- but I think that Casey could plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter at any point-- even absent a direct offer from the SA-- I think she could expect a 30 years to life sentence for agg. manslaughter. But that's just my guess.

Any of our Legal Eagles know if she is allowed to make phone calls to her attorney?

If so, would those phone calls be logged but not recorded?
Yes, she can call her lawyer when she is on her free time. Logged yes, recorded absolutely not.

*respectfully snipped*

The WFTV report says that Jose received the first 500 pages last Wednesday, the day after the memorial and two days before checking himself into the hospital. The defense received another 1100 pages yesterday.

I do find it a little peculiar that no one from the defense visited Casey after they got the initial set of documents. Favorable or not, you'd think they'd apprise the client of information about to be released to the public.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

I think that a lot of people here don't really understand the job of a Criminal Defense Attorney. The job is NOT to prove their client innocent. The job is to FORCE the prosecution to PROVE that their client is guilty with:
1. sound arguments
2. reliable testimony
and
3. solid evidence.

No Criminal Defense Attorney cares if his/her client is guilty or innocent. Guilt or innocence of the client has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Criminal Defense Attorney's job. In a nutshell, the Criminal Defense Attorney's job is to protect the rights of ordinary citizens from the government. It is part of the checks and balances put into place by the founding fathers of our country to make certain that we, as citizens, are fully protected from unfair treatment by our govenrment. No one in the legal community would ever disrespect a Criminal Defense Attorney for representing a guilty person because they understand that.

For those of you who are unaware of the real role of a Criminal Defense Attorney, I think this article may be helpful in understanding what it really is:

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/list/defense.html

Frankly, the Casey Anthony case is a Criminal Defense Attorney's dream case due to it's notoriety. Baez has lined up experts who will question the prosecutions evidence in every possible way and do their best to demolish them making the jury question the prosecution case. Baez is obviously working hard to do all that a defense attorney should do to debate the prosecution on every level and call the prosecution into question, creating reasonable doubt in the mind of potential jurors. That is EXACTLY what he is supposed to be doing, like it or not.

No Criminal Defense Attorney would willingly walk away from this kind of opportunity.

The money is gone, JB is in way over his head so much so it has physically made him sick. As for LKB, she may be gone too after evaluating all the evidence, plus I'm sure she wants to be paid like the expert she is. KC may be getting a court appointed attorney real soon. How am I going to sleep tonight? I'm getting a brandy.

Question: How easy is it for a defense attorney to drop a client anyway? If the DP goes back in play that would be an out for JB since he's not qualified in the eyes of the bar -- but other than that... if it's lack of funds wouldn't the State have to pick up the tab to some degree? I thought I'd heard many times you can't just decide to walk.

ETA: I'm sure the peripheral players (LKB, etc) could leave but JB?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back