Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Informative and constructive thread. Thank you! Truly helpful to those of us that cannot follow the trial during the day.

Nancy Grace is reporting that Casey herself claimed that she was mentally ill and needed to be evaluated.

That's just wrong, isn't it? It was the defense attorneys who requested the evaluation, right?

How can Nancy just make stuff up like this?

I was about to most the exact same thing! I know Nancy Grace just says things for ratings, but it still annoyed me that she said "Tot Mom wants to stop trial, Claims she is mentally ill." I personally think ICA was pretty pissed Sat. when her DT claimed she was incompetent. And then today she was extremely happy to be declared competent.

Nancy Grace is reporting that Casey herself claimed that she was mentally ill and needed to be evaluated.

That's just wrong, isn't it? It was the defense attorneys who requested the evaluation, right?

How can Nancy just make stuff up like this?

A lot of the TH's are saying the same thing. The reason they had her evaluated is because she wanted to testify, they didn't agree with it, & since this is a DP case, they had to cover their azz....and, they find her competent...which is why she was so happy today...she got her way!

If it were actually Casey who questioned her own competency, wouldn't CM be in big trouble for lying about it in the motion?

niner the reports of the three experts who examined ICA are under seal, we will not get to see them. Sorry, the Motion and the order are all we get at this point.

Thanks tlcox... Darn!! :maddening:

Boodles,

Because nancy grace is simply an "entertainment show" :D

She isn't required to report cold hard facts. She's basically like the national enquirer of TV. It's all about sensationalism and gossip. Who cares about facts, right? As long as viewers like sheeba from Illinois keep tuning in and giving her ratings, she'll continue to exaggerate (aka make something up out of thin air) stories.

If someone were to try and call her out on misrepresenting the facts, I doubt they'd get a word in!
I suggest you stick with places like WS to get the facts. Any rumors posted here are quashed almost immediately.

I wrote a very detailed observation of the player reactions on Saturday in the Sidebar thread. I'm convinced the way this ball started rolling was a combination of JB not delivering on his "promises" to ICA, CM being fed up with the way JB is running the show and ICA being well... being ICA...

We've read/heard that she is "intelligent" and that she passes the time reading law books... I think she got fed up with JB and being the "skilled liar/smarter than everyone else" person that she believes she is... planted a seed in CM's ear that caused him to question her "stability/competency". CM being on the "edge of a stroke" from all this mess decided to take matters into his own hands (again - explaining why it appeared to me that everyone was clueless as to what he was doing, JB being pizzy and ICA not being certain that he was running with her "seed" right then and there).

I believe she staged this charade thinking that it would give her the opportunity to among other things; "totally pizz in HHJB's cheerios", "buy her one more day" but most importantly the chance to persuade some docs to have sympathy and declare her incompetent... buying yet more time for additional evaluations where she could then convince them she was "BSC"... bingo, presto.... she is set free and she did it all by herself; "cause she is that smart"....

She was all happy and chipper this morning believing she'd pulled it off... until HHJB hands the packets to the teams... then ZING... she is foiled again... and we are right back to sour face.

Fast forward to 1:04 on the attached link and watch her face when HHJB passes by (note: he never looks at her, she even chuckles to herself and continues to watch him all the way to the bench)...

I said it in my play by play review and I will say it again; I know that "look/smile"...I've given it plenty of people that crossed me in very, very bad ways... "You under estimated me and now I've just kicked you in the beans"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_qhfMF2oM"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Trial 6/25 AM‬‏[/ame]

Ummm yeah. This was out of nowhere... she's been evaluated before. Now the defense about 3/4 of the way through this fiasco wants to pull this? We need to pass some new laws. Maybe tie attorneys in to the amount of money they waste with this game-playing nonsense. They had their chance to go the fake mental illness route imo.

I agree. Just how much did 3 psychologists cost...on a weekend...to analyze the inmate...and submit written reports to the judge by Monday morning.

A whole lot of money was just spent by the Floridians :(

MOO

Mel

A lot of the TH's are saying the same thing. The reason they had her evaluated is because she wanted to testify, they didn't agree with it, & since this is a DP case, they had to cover their azz....and, they find her competent...which is why she was so happy today...she got her way!

I scoff at the idea the Inmate brought this on herself. The DT worked vey hard on Saturday to keep her out of the loop. And you could tell when she entered the courtroom again, arms up in the air with a WTH motion.

She was quite happy this morning because she knew she would be found competent and is probably aching to get on the stand to be front and center.

Narcassists are like that. They care a LOT about what others think of them and how they are portrayed. She just wants to get up on the stand and set everything straight with version 4.0 (I think that's the version we would be on).

Just my opinion - please and thanks.

Mel

That was my thought too! That video of her showed her baring her teeth like a wolf at JB- she was enraged, until he turned and looked at her, then she had to hide her expression.

Yes. When I was trying to describe it to my husband, I said she looked like a feral animal.

Ummm yeah. This was out of nowhere... she's been evaluated before. Now the defense about 3/4 of the way through this fiasco wants to pull this? We need to pass some new laws. Maybe tie attorneys in to the amount of money they waste with this game-playing nonsense. They had their chance to go the fake mental illness route imo.
I am so with you on this. The amount of resources - time, money, man hours, space, inconvenience to innocent bystanders, spent on this trial, one trial for one defendant (ONE SINGLE person) in a a state of how many millions of people, in a country of hundreds of millions is mind boggling. Private enterprises have to scrimp and save and cut corners and layoff employees. Schools are starved for money. Policing is cut back. Governments are scrambling and individuals are pinching pennies and making sacrifices left and right. Yet, there seems to be no end to what is shelled out to defend this woman. It's obscene. Three years!? And it doesn't seem to be enough. The defense still stalls and spurts and delays and obfuscates. Why would 2 years not have been enough? One? Why does she need at least, by my count, 6 lawyers and countless "experts?" LKB keeps saying, but, but , but they are trying to take her life!!! Yes, and she is entitled to a decent defense , not the moon, not all the resources in FL, not nearly as many as she's gotten. There has to be some balance...taking into account the rights of others, as well as hers, taking into account the potential for better alternate use of resources. KC's rights should matter, but so should those off all the citizens of FL and the US.

These stills from the other thread capture it even better...
624reaction.png

I am assuming ICA did this when the Jury was out ...

Too bad they didn't get to see the "real" ICA

BBM According to this post, the jury was in the room to witness it! (Ref to Video #2 from Friday June 24th)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6769030&postcount=218"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - June 24 and 25 ICA Video loops saying something? (MERGED)[/ame]

So does this mean that she can go back to wrapping up the electric cords for the defense at the end of each court session? LOL

I thought she had her melt down (snarling) right after CA testified and just as the lady Prosecutor was passing by.

I wrote a very detailed observation of the player reactions on Saturday in the Sidebar thread. I'm convinced the way this ball started rolling was a combination of JB not delivering on his "promises" to ICA, CM being fed up with the way JB is running the show and ICA being well... being ICA...

We've read/heard that she is "intelligent" and that she passes the time reading law books... I think she got fed up with JB and being the "skilled liar/smarter than everyone else" person that she believes she is... planted a seed in CM's ear that caused him to question her "stability/competency". CM being on the "edge of a stroke" from all this mess decided to take matters into his own hands (again - explaining why it appeared to me that everyone was clueless as to what he was doing, JB being pizzy and ICA not being certain that he was running with her "seed" right then and there).

I believe she staged this charade thinking that it would give her the opportunity to among other things; "totally pizz in HHJB's cheerios", "buy her one more day" but most importantly the chance to persuade some docs to have sympathy and declare her incompetent... buying yet more time for additional evaluations where she could then convince them she was "BSC"... bingo, presto.... she is set free and she did it all by herself; "cause she is that smart"....

She was all happy and chipper this morning believing she'd pulled it off... until HHJB hands the packets to the teams... then ZING... she is foiled again... and we are right back to sour face.

Fast forward to 1:04 on the attached link and watch her face when HHJB passes by (note: he never looks at her, she even chuckles to herself and continues to watch him all the way to the bench)...

I said it in my play by play review and I will say it again; I know that "look/smile"...I've given it plenty of people that crossed me in very, very bad ways... "You under estimated me and now I've just kicked you in the beans"...

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Trial 6/25 AM‬‏

wow, goofy, then gleeful, then confused, then concerned.

no wonder someone wanted a mental eval.

PLs don't shoot me, I've reading pages and pages off and on all day looking for this answer, if it has been posted, I am not trying to be lazy or annoying, does the jury know the reason for no court on Sat?

ICA is not crazy, just a mean self-centered witch who loves the camera when it is on her. Such a shame, all the money being spent to give ICA a "fair" trial. Did she end little Caylee Marie's life with a soft send-off or a hellish-hammering. I think she replays that fatal farewell scene over and over in her evil mind. How ironic for some attorneys to say that the State wants to kill her. Why not!

I still think that Casey is trying to pit her legal team against each other, but what if the whole outburst was staged and planned? I'm now wondering if she was trying to accuse Baez of flirting or molesting her. She did pull up her collar protectively and tried to appear afraid to let him know that she'd been talking about him behind his back. I'm not sure any attorneys would even dare try to pull off something like that, but Casey might.

Isn't it convenient that the DT had her examined on the weekend? I wonder what they have planned for next weekend. Narcissist believe there is nothing wrong with them psychologically, so she wouldn't have initiated this. She may tell a regular doctor about her anxiety; she possibly may say she is depressed but would not tolerate any mental dx.

They will go to extreme's regarding their health though and that may happen soon.

If ICA does testify, I hope LDB is the one to do cross. ICA's has shot many a glare towards her.

I totally agree.

Casey is intensely intimidated by intelligent, professional, educated women. LDB will automatically imbalance her and get under her skin in a way FG and JA could not. Many would prefer JA to cross her due to his passion but I feel JA's temper could work against him and Casey could manipulate the situation to appear victimised.

Woman to woman would not carry the same ability to manipulate IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back