Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully BBM. I was just re-reading from the beginning, trying to refresh my memory and open my mind a little, when this got me to thinking.... if this is all there is for security at Waterloo Airport, I'm scared.:please: In light of September 11, I hope that there would be more safety precautions. What would prevent a terrorist from kidnapping DM, getting his passcodes & stealing one of his airplanes out of the hangar. I can only hope that they would have top-notch security (hopefully security cameras showing who comes/goes at all points of entry into the airport. I tried to search security measures at the Waterloo Airport, but didn't have much luck. MOO:moo:

I found this on the Waterloo Airport website, under Commercial Development Business.

http://waterlooairport.ca/en/abouttheairport/resources/YKFAirportDevelopmentStandards.pdf

On page 21, it talks about the security requirements for commercial development. They have to have a security plan approved by the Airport before they even enter into the lease agreement. They also have to have a barrier/8 foot high fence between the restricted airside area and the public area, with access restricted to airside personel and airport employees only. Once they have the airport supplied locks, the control and distribution of the keys are the airport's responsibility. To me, that means that the Millard Air employees would only have access through the public area, and those employees would only have keys for the actual hangar security. They would not have access to the restricted airside area of the airport.

JMO

Yes Juballee I find it strange that the Harley was apparently sitting mutilated in it's own trailer awaiting discovery also. I wonder if it had been sitting there since last Fall or if it had arrived recently as part of some scheme or other?

I find it very odd too. Whether it was stripped when it was stolen and then just shoved back in the trailer to sit for 6 months, or whether it was just stripped recently after sitting so long, it's weird that it was all loaded back into the trailer that it came in.

JMO

I find it very odd too. Whether it was stripped when it was stolen and then just shoved back in the trailer to sit for 6 months, or whether it was just stripped recently after sitting so long, it's weird that it was all loaded back into the trailer that it came in.

JMO

It would seem logical to me that the Police would have put all of the located parts back inside his trailer before returning them to the owner. Don't overlook the obvious!!!!!!

""There are lots of pieces missing and Hamilton Police have been fantastic in trying to find them all for me.""

"Thanks to that, he has three-quarters of the bike back now and is hopeful more of it will be found."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html

JMO

I only recall reading that the motorcycle parts were found at the hangar, not necessarily still inside Marty MacD's trailer. I could be wrong, but I thought the pic of Marty and his bike parts was after they had been returned to him by LE.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...5dTpUcK1CMiErQHPkYCYAg&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAw&dur=56

FWIW, there is a pic on AM's FB of another motorcycle in one of the hangars ... set off to the side of the hangar, covered in a lot of junk and stuff hanging off it. Not Marty's though ... the other one is burgundy.

Thanks for the link and the reminder, sillybilly and lanman. I don't know why I was thinking it was all in the trailer. I would never have thought that LE would be so nice as to search for the parts to return them to him. From anything I've heard, they aren't so nice when they tear your house apart. My mistake.

I only recall reading that the motorcycle parts were found at the hangar, not necessarily still inside Marty MacD's trailer. I could be wrong, but I thought the pic of Marty and his bike parts was after they had been returned to him by LE.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...5dTpUcK1CMiErQHPkYCYAg&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAw&dur=56

FWIW, there is a pic on AM's FB of another motorcycle in one of the hangars ... set off to the side of the hangar, covered in a lot of junk and stuff hanging off it. Not Marty's though ... the other one is burgundy.

There is a burgundy one in a picture posted in July 2011. That must have been at the old hangar. It looks like there is a box sitting on it and some stuff hanging off something yellow in front of it. It looks all together in that picture so I thought it might belong to one of the guys building something.

At the moment, I personally don't think "DM" was running a chop shop. I reserve the right to change my mind though, if anything new comes out in the future. ;)
I agree..... but someone has planted that idea for LE to mention it. I personally believe that something else is afoot here.... but by researching all avenues in depth we should be left with very good possibilities.... as opposed to the regurgitated press releases and MSM. JMO

The colour orange seems to pop up a lot in this case doesn't it !

Orange T Shirts be they long sleeved or short sleeved. Orange stolen motorcycle. Orange hat on stolen motorcycle owners head. Does anyone know what the colour orange can stand for??? just a little trivia sleuthin here....

oh and are those handlebars the same as the ones on the Harley ? can't tell from here...

That is a good point, perhaps the parts were scattered around the hanger and the police officers who sorted through all the parts knew precisely which parts specifically belonged to that particular Harley. Did every single piece returned have a vin number on it (vins that weren't scratched off, as was mentioned in the articles)? Especially hard to do if there were other motorcycles in the shop covered in junk, in my opinion.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._mother_sells_family_home_for_12_million.html

''When Burns took title of Millard’s three properties, they were placed in trust and she became the appointed trustee. It’s unclear whether Millard maintained beneficial ownership, as trust documents are not public. Paradkar wouldn’t identify the beneficiary of the trust.''

This was a very smart move IMO. The trust acts like an invisible cloak.....

''When the Star visited the home, which backs onto a golf course, in May following a police investigation, it was a mess, with clothing, documents and cans of soup strewn throughout. The only thing moving was a black cat.''

I can imagine the mess that LE left behind and the damage.....

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._mother_sells_family_home_for_12_million.html

''When Burns took title of Millard’s three properties, they were placed in trust and she became the appointed trustee. It’s unclear whether Millard maintained beneficial ownership, as trust documents are not public. Paradkar wouldn’t identify the beneficiary of the trust.''

''When the Star visited the home, which backs onto a golf course, in May following a police investigation, it was a mess, with clothing, documents and cans of soup strewn throughout. The only thing moving was a black cat.''

You'd think they'd free the cat.

The colour orange seems to pop up a lot in this case doesn't it !

Orange T Shirts be they long sleeved or short sleeved. Orange stolen motorcycle. Orange hat on stolen motorcycle owners head. Does anyone know what the colour orange can stand for??? just a little trivia sleuthin here....

oh and are those handlebars the same as the ones on the Harley ? can't tell from here...

Well, orange used to mean a high risk of terrorist attacks. I thought they had stopped the colour codes in 2011, but maybe not. ;)

http://www.terror-alert.com/

Thanks for the link to the new article Blomquist. There is definately lots to think about in this article IMO. I am going to add the link in the General Discussion Thread as well!

Thanks for the link and the reminder, sillybilly and lanman. I don't know why I was thinking it was all in the trailer. I would never have thought that LE would be so nice as to search for the parts to return them to him. From anything I've heard, they aren't so nice when they tear your house apart. My mistake.

Not only that... why were LE in a hurry to give back a bunch of bike parts ?

Were they not fingerprinted first I wonder....

I guess its too late now as all evidence will be long gone... I expect Marty has since sold the parts... What a shame he had an insurance 'messup' for such an expensive bike....that was sitting inside a trailer when it was stolen apparently.

How did the thieves know there was a Harley inside I wonder ?

Then right in broad daylight hitch up the trailer and away they go..... seems unreal to me. It's like they knew the bike was inside and felt no-one would be bothered that the trailer was sailing off the property.... very weird IMO....

Thanks for the link to the new article Blomquist. There is definately lots to think about in this article IMO. I am going to add the link in the General Discussion Thread as well!

I was not the original poster of the link and I believe a few people have already posted it a few times...... but always good to have a link.....maybe some missed it !

New framing theories in light of PA Windsor info?

1. the business.
Put DM in a position to NEED to sell hangar and possibly the company and its assets, with little negotiating power because he should be glad to get what he can at this point.
But why not kill him Instead of TB? DM doesnt sound like a threat to PA in 2013 but they should want his business and his lease He cancelled the certificate. Maybe that set them back in any takeover plan.

2. the lease.
Most leases have a clause that they can be terminated if illegal activity associated with property. I am sure airport would rather negotiate new lease than stick with cheap rent in WM's lease. After reading Windsor cost, WM probably negotiated well because he paid for hangar himself (except exterior asphalt extension) and saved the Region that way IMO. This is a long term lease and any landlord would want to get out of it asap now that the beautiful hangar has been built. Maybe Region wouldnt be involved in O C (but why not?) but someone may have been promised something worthwhile to cause that lease to be nullified.

Cert cancelled in Feb, burner phone purchased by whomoever in/around late early March (3 months before May 6). DM talking to airport mgmt re leasing strategies in March Too. Sorry my paste function not working on my phone to paste ctv article stating March meeting.

Thoughts?

<rsbm>

Um .. back to square one ... "Framing" which could not have worked to put DM in jail had one test drive witness who is still alive not remembered the "ambition" tatt. Same witness who was contacted by LE, not the other way around.

MOO

1. the business.
Put DM in a position to NEED to sell hangar and possibly the company and its assets, with little negotiating power because he should be glad to get what he can at this point.
But why not kill him Instead of TB? DM doesnt sound like a threat to PA in 2013 but they should want his business and his lease He cancelled the certificate. Maybe that set them back in any takeover plan.

2. the lease.
Most leases have a clause that they can be terminated if illegal activity associated with property. I am sure airport would rather negotiate new lease than stick with cheap rent in WM's lease. After reading Windsor cost, WM probably negotiated well because he paid for hangar himself (except exterior asphalt extension) and saved the Region that way IMO. This is a long term lease and any landlord would want to get out of it asap now that the beautiful hangar has been built. Maybe Region wouldnt be involved in O C (but why not?) but someone may have been promised something worthwhile to cause that lease to be nullified.

Cert cancelled in Feb, burner phone purchased by whomoever in/around late early March (3 months before May 6). DM talking to airport mgmt re leasing strategies in March Too. Sorry my paste function not working on my phone to paste ctv article stating March meeting.

Thoughts?

If I'm reading this right, the landlord did want to get out of the lease, but were refused because of objections by Millard's lawyer.

In 2011, council approved a 50-year land lease with Millard Properties for about $19,000 a year, depending on final hangar design. Regional government has refused to release the lease, citing objections from Millard’s lawyer. Lease rates are standard for airport land and increase with the cost of living. Millardair paid a further $372,000 as its share of servicing costs for airport land.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

If I'm reading this right, the landlord did want to get out of the lease, but were refused because of objections by Millard's lawyer.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

Aha, I forgot that one. You are so resourceful! It would be very interesting to note when they proposed to release it.

This would not be the first time I'vd heard of a landlord inciting crime to break a lease that is standing in the way of a much greater deal. I've seen a landlord try to frame a much smaller tenant Iin a sick and shocking way.

Unless they meant release the lease document to MSM for viewing. It can be requested. The lease itself is not registered on title, just notice of the lease with few details.

Coincidentally a determination and surrender of lease are also referred to as a release so the article could mean his lawyer objected to lease being made public. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member