Demi & Ashton: It's over!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Women who marry men who are that much younger are just setting themselves up for heartache.
It's so rare that it lasts, and is mutually satisfying to both parties for very long, that it's really almost non-existent...especially in our culture.

I have 2 friends who married much younger men, and it was disturbing to watch these marriages unfold through the few brief years they were together. My friends were always in a desperate attempt to keep Mother Nature at bay by having cosmetic surgeries and starving themselves, and doing things to try and seem younger. They were jealous of the younger women their husbands came in contact with because they were so insecure about the obvious age difference. Immaturity played a role also, because men mature at a slower rate than women anyway. My one friend got pregnant by a college kid 14 years younger than she was....she was 35 at the time, and they married shortly before their daughter was born. She actually thought they had a chance of being a permanent couple...but it was a disaster almost from the start. The age difference was just too much to overcome. A 35 year old woman with children is simply in a different place mentally and physically, than a 21 year old young man who just finished school. There's no way for one to stand still while the other lives his life and catches up. His family never accepted her, and they were mad at her for "trapping" their son and derailing his life. They thought she was older,more experienced and should have been smarter....and she was technically old enough to be his mother. Not a good situation.

Awww, that makes me sad to read.
I am 42 and my s/o of 4 1/2 years is 29.
I'm very secure though and I really do feel like my man is truly unique and cut from a different cloth than your average man. In fact, I've lost almost 70 lbs in the last year and when someone commented on it the other day, he said he actually misses his chunky. We're planning to get married in the next year or two and I actually have a sneaking suspicion that he's going to formally propose soon, like this weekend.

Heck yeah, if I could afford to have 'work' done, I'd be telling everyone about it! My friends would notice anyway. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it so I must take matters into my own hands. For special occasions, I place scotch tape over that crease in my forehead caused from thinking too much. Leave the tape on about 15 -20 minutes to press the creases out. It really works!!! (but the creases do come back eventually)

Anyway, back to Demi. It was rumored that she had work done before the Charlie's angels movie. I am of the opinion that the earlier one begins having cosmetic surgery, the more maintenance is needed as the person ages. (Just look at Michael Jackson's transformation) But I am no authority on the subject.

I know there is alot of pressure on actresses to maintain their youth in order to keep working. But then I think of lovely and talented older actresses who get great roles these days.....Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Helen Mirren to name a few.

I've liked Demi ever since I watched General hospital back in college. I hope this breakup with Ak will help her transition into more adult roles because she is a good actress. I also give her kudos for resisting the temptation to have her lips plumped. I've always thought she has such a beautiful smile.

BTW, has anyone seen her most recent movie? Just curious about your opinion. TIA

MOO

wm

I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. The younger ones can be fun, but an LTR with someone who is 15 years your junior? You really cant expect it to be long term. Take it for what it is and enjoy while it lasts :)

Ashton is a hottie no matter what his level he may be intellectually. His character on 2.5 is a tad strange, but I have no problem with him walking around half naked all the time LOL.

He's toast. This is going to go down like Sandra Bullock and Jesse James. He's going to be only known for doing this, it's all anyone is going to think when they see him now.

She on the other hand will probably have a pretty cool comeback ala Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's split. He bounced back and Meg tanked.

I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. The younger ones can be fun, but an LTR with someone who is 15 years your junior? You really cant expect it to be long term. Take it for what it is and enjoy while it lasts :)

Ashton is a hottie no matter what his level he may be intellectually. His character on 2.5 is a tad strange, but I have no problem with him walking around half naked all the time LOL.

At least they could groom him a bit if he is supposed to be such a "hotty" on the 2 and 1/2 men.

Women who marry men who are that much younger are just setting themselves up for heartache.
It's so rare that it lasts, and is mutually satisfying to both parties for very long, that it's really almost non-existent...especially in our culture.

I have 2 friends who married much younger men, and it was disturbing to watch these marriages unfold through the few brief years they were together. My friends were always in a desperate attempt to keep Mother Nature at bay by having cosmetic surgeries and starving themselves, and doing things to try and seem younger. They were jealous of the younger women their husbands came in contact with because they were so insecure about the obvious age difference. Immaturity played a role also, because men mature at a slower rate than women anyway. My one friend got pregnant by a college kid 14 years younger than she was....she was 35 at the time, and they married shortly before their daughter was born. She actually thought they had a chance of being a permanent couple...but it was a disaster almost from the start. The age difference was just too much to overcome. A 35 year old woman with children is simply in a different place mentally and physically, than a 21 year old young man who just finished school. There's no way for one to stand still while the other lives his life and catches up. His family never accepted her, and they were mad at her for "trapping" their son and derailing his life. They thought she was older,more experienced and should have been smarter....and she was technically old enough to be his mother. Not a good situation.

(above bbm)
It can work the other way, as well -- women who marry miuch older men, etc.

My ex-husband was 16 years older than me when we got married (come to think of it, he still IS 16 years older than me!!)...what was I thinking?? :doh:

I don't like the whole shallow thing, either, but let's face it...in her business, her looks, her body, are what get her the big-bucks work. Kind of like pro athletes. Their bodies, or, their ability to perform, are what gets them paid. Don't like it, but it is what it is. I'm with you...age gracefully! Some of these people are like walking, talking Twinkies (you know...with a shelf-life of like....500 years?).

bolded by me.

"Walking, talking Twinkies"!! I love it! Good one, oh_gal!! :floorlaugh:

At least they could groom him a bit if he is supposed to be such a "hotty" on the 2 and 1/2 men.

I do have to agree I dont care for the long hair and beard.

I personally don't understand why they replaced Charlie Sheen with Ashton to begin with. I would think they should have looked for a charming older man, not someone who is younger and acts like a goofball most of the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back