GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've just watched the first part of "The investigation" (Utredningen), a Swedish-Danish tv sequel in six parts about the investigation of Kim Wall's murder on Swedish tv on demand. It's very good, it follows the investigation from the point of view of the chief of the homicide department in Copenhagen. I don't know if you can see it from outside Sweden, but here's the link to the first part: Utredningen - 1. Dag 1
(The name of PM wasn't mentioned once, they only mention him as "the submarine builder", or describing him in other similar terms, no name.)
Was there a camera following the police then entire time? I wish I could watch it.

In my humble opinion PM is a nutbag and is a serial killer. He is highly intelligent and has gotten away with previous unsolved murders. He should be locked up in maximum security making it impossible for him to escape again. He is a massive danger to the community.

Not much about PM, and Denmark seems to be going into lockdown as the number of Covid-19 cases is rising sharply.

I do wonder where he planned to go, if he had a plan at all. Escape in broad daylight. And only one, two minutes ahead of his captors. Would have made more sense if someone had been waiting for him outside.

:rolleyes:

I hope he peed his pants when he sat there in the grass for some hours. I hope his bum was wet and that he was freezing to death.
That is how I deal with his escape.

The prison needs to sharpen their procedures - this should NOT have been possible.

Peter Madsen is in court today for his escape attempt. He had worked towards the attempt for 18 months, and had created a fake bomb belt and detonator while working in the bookbinding workshop in jail. He had help from his wife, and a female prison guard, and both women are at the court today. Madsen admits to what he's accused of. During his planning of the escape, he had calculated there were a 30 percent risk that he was to be killed during the escape.
Peter Madsen i retten: Planla fengselsflukten i halvannet år

Peter Madsen is in court today for his escape attempt. He had worked towards the attempt for 18 months, and had created a fake bomb belt and detonator while working in the bookbinding workshop in jail. He had help from his wife, and a female prison guard, and both women are at the court today. Madsen admits to what he's accused of. During his planning of the escape, he had calculated there were a 30 percent risk that he was to be killed during the escape.
Peter Madsen i retten: Planla fengselsflukten i halvannet år

He still has a wife? Jenny Kurpen? The Russian woman that married him in prison?

animated-smileys-shocked-063.gif.pagespeed.ce.FobonV8Ibl.gif

The killer Peter Madsen was sentenced to one year and nine months in prison on Tuesday noon. In addition, he must pay 19,000 in compensation to a psychologist who was threatened with death.

- In my opinion, what you have exposed other people to is unusually gross. Whatever your intentions may be. There has been lengthy planning.

- You abused the privileges you had to manufacture pistol dummy and bomb belt. It is two completely innocent people who are involved in your attempt to get away from prison, it sounds from the judge in court.

Peter Madsen has subsequently received the verdict.

Peter Madsen idømmes et år og ni måneders fængsel

What happen to his wife & the prison guard? Any kind of sentence? TIA!

What happen to his wife & the prison guard? Any kind of sentence? TIA!
I'm not 100% certain on this as I'm using google translate, but it doesn't sound as though they've been charged with anything (yet) according to the live blog here:

Peter Madsen idømmes et år og ni måneders fængsel

The wife's apartment in Finland was searched last Thursday:

Ransagning hos Peter Madsens hustru

The prison officer "friend" quit her job so she could have an ongoing relationship with PM o_O:

Kvindelig fængselsbetjent forlader jobbet: For tæt på Peter Madsen

It sounds like the prison officer supplied his backpack and a map, but the backpack was bought by a different friend (from first link):

08:41
Linette K. Jespersen
He was also in possession of cards he had received from the prison library.

08:42
Linette K. Jespersen
He was shocked that he had access to Kraks cards. He could plan his escape out of Denmark, including which border crossings he would be able to use

08:43
Linette K. Jespersen
The prison officer friend had also bought an atlas for him, she did not know why he needed an atlas. It was a few months before the escape.

08:43
Linette K. Jespersen
The prosecutor now shows a picture of a black backpack that Peter Madsen was wearing during the escape.

08:44
Linette K. Jespersen
PM says that it was his friend Jens Falkenberg who bought the bag for him, but it was his friend who gave it to him.

08:44
Linette K. Jespersen
He got it last week and had packed it with toothbrush and biscuits

08:45
Linette K. Jespersen
He got to know (the girlfriend) in Vestre, they are not lovers, but close friends. He gets emotional when he has to tell about her because she means a lot to her.​

Not sure what Kraks cards are (key cards maybe?).

Denmark set to ban life-term prisoners from new romantic links

Denmark's government has introduced a bill that will ban prisoners serving life sentences from entering into new romantic relationships.

Under the new law prisoners will be limited to contacting only those already close to them for the first 10 years of their incarceration.

Ministers hope the ban will counter the rise of 'groupies' of criminals.

The law follows the revelation that a 17-year-old girl had fallen in love with the killer Peter Madsen.

Cammilla Kürstein admitted that she fell in love with Madsen after she exchanged letters and talked on the phone with him over the course of two years. She became jealous when he later married Jenny Curpen, a 39-year-old Russian woman, while he was incarcerated in 2020.

Justice Minister Nick Haekkerup said in a statement that these sort of relationships "must obviously be stopped" and added that convicted criminals "should not be able to use our prisons as dating centres or media platforms to brag about their crimes".

"We have seen disgusting examples in recent years of prisoners who have committed abominable crimes contacting young people in order to gain their sympathy and attention", he said.

The new six-point bill will also put an end to long-term prisoners being allowed to post freely about their offences on social media or to discuss them on podcasts. In 2018 Madsen finally confessed to the murder of Ms Wall during an appearance in a Danish documentary.

BBM

Kim Wall: Danish inventor 'confesses murder' in new documentary

An inventor jailed for murdering a Swedish journalist who boarded his submarine for an interview has finally confessed in a Danish documentary that he killed her, local media report.

Kim Wall was killed after she boarded Peter Madsen's homemade submarine in Copenhagen harbour in August 2017.

Her mutilated body was discovered on a beach by a passer-by 11 days later.

Madsen was sentenced to life in jail in 2018 when a court dismissed his claim that Ms Wall's death was an accident.

The confession was made to a journalist who secretly recorded more than 20 hours of phone conversations with Madsen in jail for a documentary series, reports Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

In The Secret Recordings with Peter Madsen, which will begin airing Wednesday, the inventor answers "yes" to a question asking if he killed Ms Wall.

"There is only one who is guilty, and that is me," Madsen is reported to say.

Madsen had previously admitted to chopping up Ms Wall's body and throwing it in the sea, but maintained her death was an accident.

Madsen has now given permission for the conversations to be aired, according to Discovery Networks, which made the series.

BBM

I’m watching this now on HBO Max - wow.

Undercurrent: The Disappearance of Kim Wall
1 SEASONS | 2 EPISODES | TV-MA
WATCH NOW

“This two-part documentary directed by Emmy-nominated filmmaker Erin Lee Carr (At the Heart of Gold: Inside the USA Gymnastics Scandal and I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth V. Michelle Carter) tells the story of accomplished journalist Kim Wall, who tragically went missing in 2017.

Wall was last seen just prior to interviewing the eccentric entrepreneur Peter Madsen aboard his self-made submarine in Danish waters. Madsen changes his story multiple times during the course of a police investigation that ultimately uncovers the truth: Wall was murdered on the submarine. Madsen is soon put on trial, and a judge is tasked with determining what actually happened on the vessel.

The documentary weaves together trial testimony, expert opinion, never-heard-before audio from Madsen himself, key new interviews with those who knew Wall and Madsen, and includes commentary from a range of officers, scientists, and journalists close to the case.

Undercurrent: The Disappearance of Kim Wall is an Anchor Production in association with Anonymous Content and Abstract Productions. Supervising producer, Dani Sloane; executive producers, Ethan Goldman, Fred Grinstein, Andrew Rossi, Nicole Romano, Corey Rogers.”

“In 2017, Swedish journalist Kim Wall set sail to interview eccentric Danish entrepreneur Peter Madsen aboard his self-made submarine – but tragically never returned. This two-part docuseries delves inside the case and the subsequent murder trial by way of trial testimony, never-heard-before audio, and interviews with those who knew Wall and Madsen.

Starring: Ditte Dyreborg, Lars Moller Pedersen, Thomas Djursing, Mattias Sigfridsson, Trine Maria Ilsoe, Frank Hvilsom, Julie Thomsen, Torben Vang”

Trailer:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow